Richardson Being Investigated for "Pay to Play"

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Wow and not even from Chicago!

Now, feds probe Gov. Richardson of Obama Cabinet for 'pay-to-play' | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

Now, feds probe Gov. Richardson of Obama Cabinet for 'pay-to-play'
It seems that Illinois' legally-challenged Gov. Rod Blagojevich is not the only close Barack Obama associate and Democratic governor being investigated by the feds for possibly selling government business in return for campaign contributions.

New Mexico's Gov. Bill Richardson, who is the newly-named Secretary of Commerce in Obama's about-to-be Cabinet, is also being investigated by a federal grand jury in his home state for possibly steering state bond business from the New Mexico Financial Authority toward David Rubin, a significant campaign contributor, according to an NBC News report, among others.

NBC's Lisa Myers reports that two former state officials say they've recently been questioned by a federal grand jury specifically about allegations that Richardson or aides pushed state business worth nearly $1.5 million in fees toward CDR Financial Products in 2004. The company is headquartered in Beverly Hills, CA.

This was about the same time as CDR's founder, Rubin, donated $100,000 to two of Richardson's political action committees, mainly it appears to cover expenses of the governor and his staff at the Democratic Party's National Convention in Boston that summer.

Rubin also donated another $29,000 to Richardson's own unsuccessful presidential campaign this year and last....

Gee now where is the BIG MOUTH, who jumped me for ragging on Richardson in other story! He's a pig. Period. A person without loyalty is not worth shit.

Not even President yet and look at the scandals. Now as I recall under Bush, even if never actually charged with anything, if the FBI ever investigates you, you are guilty. Or at least that has been the play book of the Liberals the last 8 years.

Not even President yet and look at the scandals. Now as I recall under Bush, even if never actually charged with anything, if the FBI ever investigates you, you are guilty. Or at least that has been the play book of the Liberals the last 8 years.
Libs will let other libs off the hook when they commit crimes because "Their hearts are in the right place". (Hurl)

No matter the outcome, Richardson has little to no loyalty or personal integrity. His honor is as paper thin as toilet tissue. Given the power which his party currently holds, both in the government and with the press, I'm not going to get too optimistic about the truth coming out if there is a fire there. Either way, he is not credible.

So much for "change". Boy oh boy...Obama sure knows how to pick his friends.
I'm beginning to think that Obama himself is surprised that he won the election and he had previously given no thought as to who would be in his cabinet.
Now that he's in he realizes he's under a microscope so he's trying to be as careful as he can be with his selections.

Amazing indeed!

And they even identify him as a democrat!

:lol: The Republicans are foaming from the mouth at the result of a "investigation."

But who cares about the whole innocent before proven guilty in this country anymore? Hell, who cares about getting all the facts first? Even if found innocent, I'm sure some republicans here will always claim that Richardson is guilty. :rofl: :lol:

:lol: The Republicans are foaming from the mouth at the result of a "investigation."

But who cares about the whole innocent before proven guilty in this country anymore? Hell, who cares about getting all the facts first? Even if found innocent, I'm sure some republicans here will always claim that Richardson is guilty. :rofl: :lol:

Well, that would be equivalent to the left believing Bush etc are guilty without having been found so. So that seems even enough.

Naturally Richardson and etc need to be investigated.

So do Rove and Connell (oops he is dead now) and others.

My comment was more in response to the idea of a "biased" media not including the party affiliation of a suspect ... the whole "liberal media" conspiracy theory.

Seems more likely that power corrupts across the board, and as that affects all of us AMERICANS it seems like a good idea to identify any bums and THROW THEM OUT ON THEIR BEHINDS than to start throwing stupid sticks at one another about "your party is dirtier than mine."

Wouldn't surprise me if he did it, aren't most politicians from both sides of the aisle sleazy?

Yup, and they still lost...

Well, that would be equivalent to the left believing Bush etc are guilty without having been found so. So that seems even enough.

Naturally Richardson and etc need to be investigated.

So do Rove and Connell (oops he is dead now) and others.

My comment was more in response to the idea of a "biased" media not including the party affiliation of a suspect ... the whole "liberal media" conspiracy theory.

Seems more likely that power corrupts across the board, and as that affects all of us AMERICANS it seems like a good idea to identify any bums and THROW THEM OUT ON THEIR BEHINDS than to start throwing stupid sticks at one another about "your party is dirtier than mine."

Which is why George Washington warned us about political parties.

Depends what you think Bush is guilty of. War Crimes? That is left up to a jury. Whether he lied about the reasons for the invasion of Iraq? History and the facts have shown it to be true.

Difference between this and the left as well is Bush has not been investigated and we've really seen no evidence at all for this "investigation" yet. But people are already making the verdict in the court of public opinion.

I do know where you are getting at it though and I agree both sides have their crazies.

Which makes me glad to know when I'll be registering as an independent when it comes time to register for voting.

Which is why George Washington warned us about political parties.

Depends what you think Bush is guilty of. War Crimes? That is left up to a jury. Whether he lied about the reasons for the invasion of Iraq? History and the facts have shown it to be true.

Difference between this and the left as well is Bush has not been investigated and we've really seen no evidence at all for this "investigation" yet. But people are already making the verdict in the court of public opinion.

I do know where you are getting at it though and I agree both sides have their crazies.

Which makes me glad to know when I'll be registering as an independent when it comes time to register for voting.

There's hardly a difference between both political parties, anyways.

One likes big government for the sake of welfare, the other likes big government for the sake of warfare. Both ideas infringe grossly on our rights of free people.

If you guys think this is corruption, what about forcing Senators and Congressmen to vote for the bank bailout under threat of violence?

LewRockwell.com Blog: Sen. Inhofe: Paulsen Threatened Martial Law To Pass Bailout

We've lost our constitutional Republic long ago, guys, and it's going to take some getting used to.

Now that he's in he realizes he's under a microscope so he's trying to be as careful as he can be with his selections.
He's not doing a good job at it.

You have a point, however, even a hint of political scandal can do serious damage and considering the ripples caused by Blago here in Illinois, this is not good for Obama.

We already know how this is going to turn out. Just like Bill Clinton, everyone and their brother associated with Obama will be indicted and/or convicted, while Obama himself will escape unscathed.

We already know how this is going to turn out. Just like Bill Clinton, everyone and their brother associated with Obama will be indicted and/or convicted, while Obama himself will escape unscathed.
of course
teflon president II

Forum List

Back