Richard Lugar: Obama "Strong" on Terrorism

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
Richard Lugar, the top Republican on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, called President Barack Obama’s handling of recent terrorism threats “strong,” disputing former Vice President Dick Cheney’s criticism.

“It’s unfair,” Lugar said in an interview for Bloomberg Television’s “Political Capital with Al Hunt,” airing this weekend. “I think the president is focused.”

Cheney, who frequently has led Republican attacks on the Democratic president since leaving office a year ago, told Politico on Dec. 29 that Obama “is trying to pretend we are not at war” with a “low-key response” to the Dec. 25 attempt to ignite a bomb aboard a flight to Detroit.

To the contrary, Obama has demonstrated “firmness” and “decisiveness,” Lugar, who represents Indiana, said. “That’s been the antidote to the criticism.”

Republican Lugar Calls Cheney’s Criticism of Obama ‘Unfair’ - Bloomberg.com

Oh, you mean like "I think Clinton has a fixation about Bin Laden". The Bush admin pre 9-11.

"Bin Laden is not a concern of mine", Bush, six months after 9-11.

Richard Lugar, the top Republican on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, called President Barack Obama’s handling of recent terrorism threats “strong,” disputing former Vice President Dick Cheney’s criticism.

“It’s unfair,” Lugar said in an interview for Bloomberg Television’s “Political Capital with Al Hunt,” airing this weekend. “I think the president is focused.”

Cheney, who frequently has led Republican attacks on the Democratic president since leaving office a year ago, told Politico on Dec. 29 that Obama “is trying to pretend we are not at war” with a “low-key response” to the Dec. 25 attempt to ignite a bomb aboard a flight to Detroit.

To the contrary, Obama has demonstrated “firmness” and “decisiveness,” Lugar, who represents Indiana, said. “That’s been the antidote to the criticism.”

Republican Lugar Calls Cheney’s Criticism of Obama ‘Unfair’ - Bloomberg.com

Lugar saying it and it being true are two very different things.

Lugar, as it happens, is plainly and flatly wrong.

Anyone regardless of party who thinks Obama is strong on terroisimhas no real idea what the word strong implies.

Unfortunetly with Barry its all talk, and a year late to boot.
what should barry have done a year ago?

Not said things like 'man created disaster, over seas contingency operations' and the like, and understood that gitmo serves a purpose that no place else can, and stop treating terrorists like glorified shoplifters.

Until Barry takes it seriously, it just more smoke he's trying to blow up our asses.

Forum List

Back