Richard Hanna (R) tells women to donate to Democrats

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
Richard Hanna, GOP Congressman, Tells Women To Give Their Money To Democrats

"I think these are very precarious times for women, it seems. So many of your rights are under assault," he told the crowd of mostly women. "I'll tell you this: Contribute your money to people who speak out on your behalf, because the other side -- my side -- has a lot of it. And you need to send your own message. You need to remind people that you vote, you matter, and that they can't succeed without your help."

Seems like the kind of Republican that liberals will say is an old school moderate like Snow and Collins. Then they'll say the new batch of Republican is so radical and extreme.

Seems like the kind of Republican that liberals will say is an old school moderate like Snow and Collins. Then they'll say the new batch of Republican is so radical and extreme.

He just took office a year ago - very much a part of the "new batch" of Republicans.

He's a New York Republican. It's a special type of "moderate".

He just took office a year ago - very much a part of the "new batch" of Republicans.

He's a New York Republican. It's a special type of "moderate".

That's true.

OMG - a Republican who didn't sign Norquist's pledge! Be still my heart!

He is one of only six House Republicans in the 112th Congress who have not signed Grover Norquist's "Taxpayer Protection Pledge," with a spokesman explaining that "Rep. Hanna is focusing on the pledges he has made to his wife, the Constitution of the United States and the people of upstate New York."

Richard L. Hanna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He is one of only six House Republicans in the 112th Congress who have not signed Grover Norquist's "Taxpayer Protection Pledge," with a spokesman explaining that "Rep. Hanna is focusing on the pledges he has made to his wife, the Constitution of the United States and the people of upstate New York."

I dig this guy.

I like him better than I liked Arcuri.

What a surprising statement. It seems to show a real disloyalty to his party (not that I'm complaining). The sentiment definitely seems to be keeping with an overall social liberalism: Hanna joins House LGBT Equality Caucus

What a refreshing statement – the rare republican actually interested in responsible governance.

Richard Hanna, GOP Congressman, Tells Women To Give Their Money To Democrats

"I think these are very precarious times for women, it seems. So many of your rights are under assault," he told the crowd of mostly women. "I'll tell you this: Contribute your money to people who speak out on your behalf, because the other side -- my side -- has a lot of it. And you need to send your own message. You need to remind people that you vote, you matter, and that they can't succeed without your help."

Now THAT is what I call a RINO!

WHAT?!!! :eek: Seems like his own man. Bless him :)

I got excommunicated from the GOP over this guy! :rofl:

On the same day as I made my OP, I posted the link about Hanna on the facebook page of the local rightwing talk radio host. Guy has a morning show based in the Green Bay area but covers most of the state, I think.

I fielded hostile replies from a couple of people who showed that they were unaware of all the legislation related to abortion and contraception which has been introduced in states across the nation in the last few months. That was par for the course.

But then the host showed up and bumped the three week old thread and said, "You're pro abortion, we get it. There's already a party for you. Stop trying to convince us there needs to be two parties that are pro-abortion."

That seriously surprised me. That someone who is one of the prominent voices of the GOP in Wisconsin would come right out and (a) declare that I'm pro-abortion because I oppose intrusive legislation and would rather focus on fiscal issues and (b) basically say that the GOP didn't need my little ol' vote. And it wasn't even a spur of the moment thing. He bumped an old thread to tell me I wasn't needed by the party.

Good thing Wisconsin isn't a state where you register your party affiliation. I would have to reregister to uncheck the Republican box. :eek:

Last edited:

Sounds like a Republican that I could vote for.

I got excommunicated from the GOP over this guy! :rofl:

On the same day as I made my OP, I posted the link about Hanna on the facebook page of the local rightwing talk radio host. Guy has a morning show based in the Green Bay area but covers most of the state, I think.

I fielded hostile replies from a couple of people who showed that they were unaware of all the legislation related to abortion and contraception which has been introduced in states across the nation in the last few months. That was par for the course.

But then the host showed up and bumped the three week old thread and said, "You're pro abortion, we get it. There's already a party for you. Stop trying to convince us there needs to be two parties that are pro-abortion."

That seriously surprised me. That someone who is one of the prominent voices of the GOP in Wisconsin would come right out and (a) declare that I'm pro-abortion because I oppose intrusive legislation and would rather focus on fiscal issues and (b) basically say that the GOP didn't need my little ol' vote. And it wasn't even a spur of the moment thing. He bumped an old thread to tell me I wasn't needed by the party.

Good thing Wisconsin isn't a state where you register your party affiliation. I would have to reregister to uncheck the Republican box. :eek:

I never thought that I would see the day where a major political party would go out of it's way, on the state and federal level, to alienate over 50% of the electorate.

New Topics

Forum List

Back