Rich venture capitalist Nick Hanauer sounds off (again)

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
Rich venture capitalist Nick Hanauer sounds off (again) on why his taxes need to be raised

But Hanauer, a co-founder of Second Avenue Partners, says the real job creators are middle class consumers who have enough money to buy more things. He writes in the editorial:

When businesspeople take credit for creating jobs, it is like squirrels taking credit for creating evolution. In fact, it’s the other way around.

It is unquestionably true that without entrepreneurs and investors, you can’t have a dynamic and growing capitalist economy. But it’s equally true that without consumers, you can’t have entrepreneurs and investors. And the more we have happy customers with lots of disposable income, the better our businesses will do.

That’s why our current policies are so upside down. When the American middle class defends a tax system in which the lion’s share of benefits accrues to the richest, all in the name of job creation, all that happens is that the rich get richer.
Rich venture capitalist Nick Hanauer sounds off (again) on why his taxes need to be raised - GeekWire

"Rich people don't create jobs, said Nick Hanauer, and I should know. As a venture capitalist and entrepreneur, I've started and invested in dozens of manufacturing, retail, medical, and Internet companies that have made me very rich. But I don't consider myself "a job creator." No matter how many people I hire, my businesses will collapse - and the jobs will disappear--if consumers can't afford to buy what I'm selling. Our country's prosperity has always required a strong, vibrant middle class, whose consumer hunger is the engine that creates wealth for everyone. Yet with the middle class now in dire straits, Republicans insist that if we raise taxes on the rich to help the middle class, "job creation will stop." This is transparently false. In recent years, superrich Americans and corporations have grown even wealthier. But all that wealth concentrated in few hands has created very few jobs. If we want our economy to recover, we need to "give a break to the true job creators" by raising taxes on the superrich and putting more money in the wallets of the middle class. Capitalists without customers are out of business."

Scout.com: Best Columns: The U. S. "Our Country's True Job

Capitalists without customers are out of business."

customers without capitalists are dead!!

Actually customer demand for new goods and services not supply, is a given constant in nature. Demand, even when not met, is necessary for survival and requires no more than birth. It is as common and cheap as water or air.

The supply of new goods and services from rich folks, however, is exactly the opposite. It was 100% non-existent for the first 5 million years despite the huge demand created at birth or upon one's first breath. With the discovery of capitalism or supply side economics 200 years ago a few geniuses have been able to supply 1,000,000 times more than over the previous 1 million years.

Republican supply creates and enables demand. Demand for the first 5 million years created nothing.

Hey, Nick:

Gifts to the United States Government: Questions and Answers: Financial Management Service

Nothing at all keeping you from sending as much money to the government as you want.

I guess the liberal feels his moral superiority is even greater if he can force others to do as he does. But then again, liberals don't give as much to charity as conservatives so maybe that doesn't make sense either?

Maybe it is that liberals are full of envy of the rich and so really just want to see high taxes to make their perceived failure not seem so great?

Hey, Nick:

Gifts to the United States Government: Questions and Answers: Financial Management Service

Nothing at all keeping you from sending as much money to the government as you want.

I guess the liberal feels his moral superiority is even greater if he can force others to do as he does. But then again, liberals don't give as much to charity as conservatives so maybe that doesn't make sense either?

Maybe it is that liberals are full of envy of the rich and so really just want to see high taxes to make their perceived failure not seem so great?
It's amazing how many on the left feel that generosity isn't generosity unless it's mandated by law and backed up by the threat of government retribution.

I'd ask for a rational explanation, but there is none possible.

Hey, Nick:

It's amazing how many on the left feel that generosity isn't generosity unless it's mandated by law and backed up by the threat of government retribution.

Maybe the liberal is just naturally violent, something not surprising when you look at how bloody violent human history is. The liberal wants to use government to steal. This encourages the rich to use government to steal back what they earned in peaceful voluntary relationships and before you know it violence is the order of the day, not peaceful capitalism.

Maybe the liberal is just naturally violent, something not surprising when you look at how bloody violent human history is. The liberal wants to use government to steal. This encourages the rich to use government to steal back what they earned in peaceful voluntary relationships and before you know it violence is the order of the day, not peaceful capitalism.
Indeed. When given the chance, leftism seeks violent solutions, from concentration camps to putting dissidents against the wall.

Indeed. When given the chance, leftism seeks violent solutions, from concentration camps to putting dissidents against the wall.

yes, someone said liberal violence is the most common, persistent and vicious of all because it is carried out for the benefit of all.

yes, someone said liberal violence is the most common, persistent and vicious of all because it is carried out for the benefit of all.
Indeed. When totalitarianism comes to America, it will be carrying a protest sign and screeching, "It's for the children!!"

Forum List

Back