Rich pay 50% of country’s taxes.

That 50% pays plenty of taxes...Payroll taxes, FICA, Sales taxes to name a few. You stated that they pay "no taxes at all".
It's shameful that there is such a huge gap between rich and poor in America.

Sales taxes do not go to the federal government. If you don't like them, then repeal them. FICA taxes go to pay for Social Security. At least, that's the theory. if you want to disassociate the taxes from the benefits, then you're admitting that Social Security is just another welfare program. the same goes for Medicare. The old coots don't like being told they're just a gang of welfare moochers. They believe they are entitled to their benefits because they paid into a fund.

Nutjobs like you, who would love to see an end to SS and Medicare, have absolutely no clue how it would completely destroy this country. But you'd like to do it anyway.

Nutjobs like you, who would love to see an end to SS and Medicare, have absolutely no clue how it would completely destroy this country. But you'd like to do it anyway.

This country survived for over 150 years without SS or Medicare, so how would eliminating them destroy the country?

SS and Medicare are destroying this country, dipstick.

I don't care how much tax the rich pay but isn't it interesting that we never hear anything about the nearly 50% of the American population that pay no taxes at all. Why isn't anyone interested in them and how much they don't pay?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyfvamwM4Yo]Will Rogers - Bacon, Beans, and Limousines - YouTube[/ame]​

No, they don't.

The country's taxes include all sales taxes, state taxes, real estate taxes, local taxes, federal and state taxes on gas cigarettes and other special items, fees and licensures from this nations various governments, etc.

I doubt "the rich" pay even 20% of ALL TAXES that are paid to keep this nation going.

I believe that the very rich probably pay the SMALLEST PERCENTAGE of their incomes in taxes of any socioeconomic class.

From an overall tax burden standpoint the super rich are practically parasites.

Last edited:

No, they don't.

The country's taxes include all sales taxes, state taxes, real estate taxes, local taxes, federal and state taxes on gas cigarettes and other special items, fees and licensures from this nations various governments, etc.

I doubt "the rich" pay even 20% of ALL TAXES that are paid to keep this nation going.

I believe that the very rich probably pay the SMALLEST PERCENTAGE of their incomes in taxes of any socioeconomic class.

Wrong. A parasite is someone who receives checks from the government. Some of the rich may fall into this category, but the vast majority don't.

No, they don't.

Wrong. A parasite is someone who receives checks from the government. Some of the rich may fall into this category, but the vast majority don't.

Agreed. As to paracitizm, that mostly depends on who we are calling "rich" doesn't it?

When I talk about "the rich", I do not mean people who are merely affluent.

The merely afflient are the most valued members of this society.

And it is the merely affluent who are getting the biggest screwing from BIG CAPITAL, too, as it is them who end up paying more taxes so that BIG CAPITAL doesn't have to.

Those ,ore affluent Americans are not being screwed by welfare mothers, those people are getting screwed by WELFARE BANSTERS AND WELFARE INDUSTRIALISTS AND THE GOVERNMENTS THAT THEY OWN.

RICH PAY 50% OF COUNTRY’S TAXES.

"It has become a bipartisan article of faith in some quarters that the income tax on U.S. corporations must be lowered.

But for many large U.S. companies, the burden of U.S. taxation pales in comparison with what they pay their chief executives, according to a study released Wednesday by the Institute of Policy Studies, a liberal think tank.

“These individual CEOs are being rewarded for presiding over companies that dodge taxes said Chuck Collins, one of the study’s co-authors and a senior scholar at the Institute of Policy Studies."

handjob.gif

RICH PAY 50% OF COUNTRY’S TAXES.

This is what is call “radical right wing spin.” Although the rich pay 50% of the county’s taxes they still only pay less than 2 % of the wealth and federal, state and local income or none at all.

“The wealthy on the only people that create jobs.” More radical right wing spin. SOME wealthy create jobs in this country and SOME create jobs in India, Mexico, etc. IF tax cuts for the rich create jobs, why is this country unemployment rate at 9.2% and 14 million people lost their jobs since the tax cuts?

This is the rhetoric that the radical right wing peach because this is what the dummies of America wants to hear but most Americans are not dummies and can do the math

You're incorrect--the TOP 10% income earners in this country pay 67% of the entire tax base of it. Then we have 47% of the working class of this country that pay no federal income tax what-so-ever or only contribute 2.7% to the tax base of this country.

Who ARE the rich?

What definiton describes "the rich"?

Is it their annual salry or the net worth that defines "the rich"?

I find it funny that many of the taxed enough already party supporters love to point to the enormous amount of people who don't pay federal income tax.

What do guys think the next 10, 20% are paying?

Who the fuck do you people represent?

I find it funny that many of the taxed enough already party supporters love to point to the enormous amount of people who don't pay federal income tax.

Why should someone who makes 70K per year--has 4 kids and a mortgage not pay a penny in federal taxes on it?

That's about what the 47% is about. Why they should they receive the same government benefits--that others are paying for?

The other 10% to 20% you're talking about is MONEY that is being borrowed to support Barry's spending 4.3 BILLION dollars a day.

Last edited:

Why should someone who makes 70K per year--has 4 kids and a mortgage not pay a penny in federal taxes on it?

That's about what the 47% is about. Why they should they receive the same government benefits--that others are paying for?

The other 10% to 20% you're talking about is MONEY that is being borrowed to support Barry's spending 4.3 BILLION dollars a day.

You didn't answer my question. If 50% pay nothing and the next 10-20% are barely paying
then who are these people who are "taxed enough already"?

Who do you represent?

And furthermore do you realize that the 50% number is so high because of the bush tax cuts of 2001 And 2003?

You didn't answer my question. If 50% pay nothing and the next 10-20% are barely paying

Who do you represent?

Yes, I did answer your question. 47% of the American working class only pay 2.7% of the entire tax base-the top 10% wage earners pay 67% of the current tax base--the 10-20% you're referring to is being BORROWED--and thrown into the treasury to keep up with Barry's spending habit of 4.3 BILLION dollars a day--and this why we are running a 1.7 TRILLION dollar deficit just this year alone.

Who do you represent?

Yes, I did answer your question. 47% of the American working class only pay 2.7% of the entire tax base-the top 10% wage earners pay 67% of the current tax base--the 10-20% you're referring to is being BORROWED--and thrown into the treasury to keep up with Barry's spending habit of 4.3 BILLION dollars a day--and this why we are running a 1.7 TRILLION dollar deficit just this year alone.

No, you didn't. The 10-20% I am referring to are the next 10-20% of tax payers after the magic 50%. If 50% pay nothing the next 10-20% aren't paying much. Are they taxed enough already?

Who do you represent?

And furthermore do you realize that the 50% number is so high because of the bush tax cuts of 2001 And 2003?

You take away those Bush tax cuts--and those in the 70K bracket with 4 kids and a mortgage will FINALLY be paying federal income tax.

The Bush tax cuts amount to a little over 2 trillion dollars--(if they were never inacted) not even a scratch on the surface of this debt--let alone the 64 trillion in unfunded liabilities in Medicare and Social Security. With that added on to the current 14.3 trillion--equates to $534,000 PER HOUSEHOLD debt in America.

Forum List

Back