Rich pay 50% of country’s taxes.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by LilOlLady, Jul 28, 2011.

1. LilOlLady

LilOlLady Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +761
    RICH PAY 50% OF COUNTRY’S TAXES.

This is what is call “radical right wing spin.” Although the rich pay 50% of the county’s taxes they still only pay less than 2 % of the wealth and federal, state and local income or none at all.

“The wealthy on the only people that create jobs.” More radical right wing spin. SOME wealthy create jobs in this country and SOME create jobs in India, Mexico, etc. IF tax cuts for the rich create jobs, why is this country unemployment rate at 9.2% and 14 million people lost their jobs since the tax cuts?

This is the rhetoric that the radical right wing peach because this is what the dummies of America wants to hear but most Americans are not dummies and can do the math

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,394
    I doubt most Americans can do ANY math.

What are we looking to have the "rich" finance here anyway?

3. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,122
    I need a calculator to do math and even then I'm not very good at it.

Everything. Their paychecks should be direct deposited into a government account and they can be given a stipend to live on. Remember: no plan, keep spending, share the wealth!

4. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,719
    I don't care how much tax the rich pay but isn't it interesting that we never hear anything about the nearly 50% of the American population that pay no taxes at all. Why isn't anyone interested in them and how much they don't pay?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  5. Steelplate

Steelplate Bluesman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +932
    you need to adjust your statement there Underdog. It's not that they don't pay any taxes at all. They just don't pay Federal income taxes. All other taxes apply... Social Security, Medicare, State, local, gasoline, etc, etc, etc...

To sit there and say that a family who's income is $30k or below doesn't pay any taxes at all is... well... a lie.

6. Full-Auto

Full-Auto Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,615
    I have never had a single year I did not get bent over by Uncle sugar.

I dont expect that to change. Something about kissing government ass I just dont find appealing.

7. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,719
    This is a typical liberal asshole response. Everybody in this country should be taxed at the same rate regardless of income.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,021
    Here's the thing. The reality is that 1% of the population controls 50% of the wealth and the next 19% control the next 40% of it and the remainder of us, including I expect everyone on this board is amongst the 80% fighting over the 10% that's left over.

So be it. Life isn't fair.

The dishonest figure that is thrown out there is that the wealthy pay most of the income tax. And that's accurate. but when you factor in Social Security Taxes (6% paid by you and 6% by your employer), Medicare taxes (1% and 1%) Property taxes, sales taxes, fees, licenses, taxes on vices such as booze, cigarettes, Government authorized gambling, and so on, the working schlubs are catching up in what they pay as a percentage of income.

What we need is a SINGLE tax, so people know what they are paying, and then list what services they are paying for by the percentage of that. Then we could have HONEST discussions about what we should pay for and who should pay for it.

But it's probably easier just to borrow more of the money we've sent over to China buying their cheap shit.

(Have I offended both Conservatives and Liberals with this?)

9. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,713
    Rhetoric my ass. It's a fact. 51 persent of AMERICANS pay ZERO federal income tax and then on top of that we have to give them a REBATE on the ZERO they don't pay. The rich pay the lions share of the federal income tax revenuse.. suck it up

10. Steelplate

Steelplate Bluesman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +932
    Typical Conservative asshole response... everyone should share the same burden(read hardship) not the same rate.