Rich or Poor?

The terms rich and poor and the money equivilent has been brought to the surface in my life, as now my family is going through the financial turmoil of sending a child to college. This process is a nightmare. Nothing like having someone tell you, you make too much money or have too many assets to recieve assistance. A shame that a smart child with a bright future is denied a great education because they simply can't afford it.

Sent three, wasn't easy but planning ahead helped. Loans? They aren't assistance. County college for first two years?

My youngest relieved full paid tuition then all yanked except the earned scholarship for the reasons you listed.

We are going to visit the University of Michigan today. He has been accepted and is going in debt up to, and above his ass. Thank God for scholarships, his GPA is 4.36 and is 8th in his class. the 4.36 gpa is due to taking advanced placement courses this year. Going to a community college would have been the right choice I believe if it wasn't U of M.

People who do not have to work, or whose so called "work" is investing money they did not personally make? Those are the wealthy.

If you have to work to sustain your lifestyle, you aren't rich.

My point here is that there is no single hard and fast number to describe "the rich".

So you're saying that Obama and the Democrats are full of shit. Agreed. :thup:

But I agree with your definition to a point.

Here's a book that's a pretty good read. The basic message is sound.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/4-Hour-Workweek-Escape-Live-Anywhere/dp/0307353133]Amazon.com: The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich (9780307353139): Timothy Ferriss: Books[/ame]

The terms rich and poor and the money equivilent has been brought to the surface in my life, as now my family is going through the financial turmoil of sending a child to college. This process is a nightmare. Nothing like having someone tell you, you make too much money or have too many assets to recieve assistance. A shame that a smart child with a bright future is denied a great education because they simply can't afford it.

Sent three, wasn't easy but planning ahead helped. Loans? They aren't assistance. County college for first two years?

My youngest relieved full paid tuition then all yanked except the earned scholarship for the reasons you listed.

We are going to visit the University of Michigan today. He has been accepted and is going in debt up to, and above his ass. Thank God for scholarships, his GPA is 4.36 and is 8th in his class. the 4.36 gpa is due to taking advanced placement courses this year. Going to a community college would have been the right choice I believe if it wasn't U of M.
Good for him :clap2:

My understanding is it's where you get your degree that matters, not where you start.

Does he have an idea what he wants to study? My kids didn't so it was a little easier and they all went to Rutgers Honors College - being the state school and and a good school it made sense. Our deal was always if they wanted to move for the sake of moving they had to pick up that part of the tab, otherwise we will pay. They all stayed home :lol:

All he knows for now is engineering of some sort. Probably mechanical engineering. And your right it is where you get your degree from that matters.

I think that people who complain about the cut backs to their entertainment budget, while there are those of us struggling with our nescessity budget, need to think before they complain. I believe it is this type of attitude that promotes the "class warfare" feelings.

I don't begrudge anyone making money, but when your employer tells you he has to cut your family off of health insurance because he can't afford it, and then shows off his new plane... this promotes "class warfare"

People who do not have to work, or whose so called "work" is investing money they did not personally make? Those are the wealthy.

If you have to work to sustain your lifestyle, you aren't rich.
You are so wrong :eusa_hand:

Let's put it another way.

If you don't have to work to sustain your desired lifestyle, you are rich.

Or on the gov't dime.

But yes, thats better

I don't really get into money makes you rich or poor stuff.

I've met some really sad people that had plenty of money.

Me, I consider myself well off. My kids are fed, warm and happy, and so is my lovely wife.

Only my wife has a cell phone
The van is used
The cloths are bought at wal-mart on sale
And we rent a drafty appartment

And somehow I manage to be happy.

Life is hard enough as it is, trying to find happiness and live a happy life is the best goal. To have some out there actively trying to make your life harder is really uncalled for.

Life is hard enough as it is, trying to find happiness and live a happy life is the best goal. To have some out there actively trying to make your life harder is really uncalled for.

It's perfectly fine to get pissed when someone is just passing you lemons on a weekly basis and you get a little sick of trying to make lemonade.

But don't let that take your happiness.

"Every time a bell rings....an angel gets his wings"

Remember no man is a failure who has friends. Thanks for the wings

Forum List

Back