Rich and Liberal

KarlMarx

May 9, 2004
For all their talk about the "evil Rich", the liberal elites certainly are living well.

Most of the liberal elite are filthy rich, many of them are millionaires, some are even billionaires. John Kerry, if elected, will be the richest president in American History.The average donation to the Democratic Party is much higher than the average donation to the Republican Party.

The two presidents that created big government, FDR and JFK, were both blue bloods.

Why do the Rich tend to go to the Left politically? You'd think if anyone was opposed to a tax increase, it would be the Rich. You would think that if anyone would be opposed to the idea of "class warfare", it would be the Rich.

I believe that many of the the Rich endorse the policies that they do because they are not adversely affected by them. After all, if you are a multi-millionaire, a tax increase will still leave you a multi-millionaire. If you take away people's guns, your body guards will still have them. If you force teachers in public schools to put up with disruptive students, your children will still be going to private schools where such rules don't apply. The list goes on and on.

I believe that one of the main reasons behind the Liberals' arrogance is the fact that many of them are rich patricians that tend to look down on us plebians. That's why they seem to think that anyone who disagrees with them is dumb. After all, many of us didn't go to Yale or Harvard, we certainly aren't "smart" enough to be rich. I believe that is why they think that they should do all the thinking and all the leading while the rest of us should just shut up, be good American cattle and follow them (like Lemmings off a cliff, it seems). After all, many of them went to exclusive schools, belong to exclusive country clubs and live in exclusive neighborhoods, so who are we to dare question them? I believe that many of them operate under the delusion that it is obvious that they know better and that, if the rest of us would just see that, the world would be a better place.

The Liberal elites also seem to have the bad habit of sympathizing with dictators e.g. Castro and Saddam Hussein. This also has an historical precedent. Many members of the British aristocracy wanted England to ally itself with Hitler and the Nazis during World War II. Many of the first Communists, e.g. Lenin and my namesake, Karl Marx, were from wealthy families.

So in spite of the name "Democrat" (implying that they for the people), that party actually has come to reflect the values of the super rich and not the common folk.

I think if you look at the Liberal elites as a bunch of out of touch blue bloods, with the attitude of "we are better than you and you can't be in our country club"...it helps to explain a lot about them.

Forum List

Back