Rice tells Cain to stop playing the race card

Dr. Rice didn't say it. It's amazing that she would still think about the Country after being a victim of racism by the dirty tricks democrats but here's what she really said: "I actually am someone who doesn't believe in playing the race card ON EITHER SIDE". I've seen it played on the other side quite a lot too and it's not good for the Country".

Fair enough...but this was after Obama won the primary....and was a candidate.....and he not only used the race card....but he used in the context of claiming theta the GOP was going to say it...when in fact, not only didnt they....but it ws ONLY OBAMA who said it.

Now THAT is creatring an art form with the race card.
Yeah, he did it, apparently that one time.

Cain has used it more than once. Did you see his "yellow flowers" ad.

I am not following Cain. He is not my candidate of choice and I most certainly wont be looking for his ads on the internet.

He lost me a while back...I listened, analyzed and said....nope. Not for me...and moved on.

And Obama used it more than once...as did Cain.

Heck...even Biden used it when he referred to his then opponent as "clean and articulate"

Lmao....I find that the word "but" comes afterr a black persons name and it is very disturbing.....VERY disturbing...

"he is black BUT he is a really nice guy"
"She is black BUT I would trust her with my life"
"He is black BUT he went to a great school and will prove to be a great success"
"he is black BUT he is clean and articulate"

I know liberals who voted for Obama but still used the "but" word when discussing him.
And yes, I know conservsatives who use the but word as well.
Those are more like examples of racism than playing the race card. Though I guess it isn't really always a different thing.

Oh, be serious. If you need 'evidence' of Obama playing the race card, you either have a remarkably short memory, weren't paying attention when he opened his mouth, or were in the usual liberal state of denial about the Messiah. I don't feel the need to ram my point home to you. And I'll tell you why.... because you'd deny every use of it. That's the SOP when it's 'your side'. So I'd be wasting my time to provide it.

That you can - I assume with a straight face - deny the use of the race card during the last election.... then I feel sorry for you, Ravi.

Obama didn't play the race card. People played it on his behalf, and even that phenomenon was blown way out of proportion.

The only examples I've ever seen where he could even be minutely accused of playing the race card were following very heavy leading by others.

But again if you have good examples...

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...99CenrQZtNqdgo3LQ&sig2=gjIg-xxs0Ut8LJfyQohwQQ

Please explain to me how this is NOT using his race to knock the opposing party.

He's not wrong. That's exactly what they did. The GOP campaign was nothing but fear and code words that indicated that this guy's "Different." Of course they can't come out and say "He's black" and that's what he's poking fun at.

If that qualifies as playing the race card, fine, I guess. But what we have here is 6 pages of people quoting the same 1 or 2 speeches over, and over, and over, and claiming the campaign was nothing but race this and race that. I didn't see it. All I saw was the GOP guys claiming it was being done over and over and over. This thread is, in a strange sort of way, a perfect protege of the GOP campaign.

Buuuut then again according to the 5 minute video in the thread of Fox talking heads ripping Obama for the same aforementioned speech, Hannity and even Krauthammer agree with you, so I guess it must be so...

Obama didn't play the race card. People played it on his behalf, and even that phenomenon was blown way out of proportion.

The only examples I've ever seen where he could even be minutely accused of playing the race card were following very heavy leading by others.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...99CenrQZtNqdgo3LQ&sig2=gjIg-xxs0Ut8LJfyQohwQQ

Please explain to me how this is NOT using his race to knock the opposing party.

He's not wrong. That's exactly what they did. The GOP campaign was nothing but fear and code words that indicated that this guy's "Different." Of course they can't come out and say "He's black" and that's what he's poking fun at.

If that qualifies as playing the race card, fine, I guess. But what we have here is 6 pages of people quoting the same 1 or 2 speeches over, and over, and over, and claiming the campaign was nothing but race this and race that. I didn't see it. All I saw was the GOP guys claiming it was being done over and over and over. This thread is, in a strange sort of way, a perfect protege of the GOP campaign.

Buuuut then again according to the 5 minute video in the thread of Fox talking heads ripping Obama for the same aforementioned speech, Hannity and even Krauthammer agree with you, so I guess it must be so...

shocker, really :lol:

Really? When did Obama play the race card? Details, details.

You are kidding me, right?

There isn't enough bandwidth to cover every play of the race card by the Messiah.

Only ones who call him that are Righties.

Every fucking day, a new card. The difference was that you didn't see it. You see it now though... because Cain's a black conservative instead of a black liberal.
Ok, give us one or two from this last week.
Oh yeah, CG, you did say every day. In fact you said every fucking day.

(btw, I realize I'm replying to Bodecea's post)

That's about the only thing Obama "played the race card" on..and it turns out he was 100% correct.

Cain is doing it to show that "blacks are brainwashed" and other nonsense.

He's really silly.

So...in other words...

"that doesnt count"

He had the right to say that becuase even though the GOP didnt outright do it, it is obvious they felt that way.

Got it.

Hack.

here is the link.

Wow....funny how you didnt know about it.

I thought you were wqell versed in the last presidential election.

Or does your media decide what you should andf should not know about?

No, I was a Hillary supporter. I only voted for Obama because of Sarah Palin.

Are the Dems going to run anyone against Obama in the primaries, you think?

I think Hillary has a better chance of winning this time around...

Just sayin' :D
I don't know about that....the only credible candidate on the Republican side so far is Mitten and most Republicans don't seem to care much for him.

Yeah, he did it, apparently that one time.

Cain has used it more than once. Did you see his "yellow flowers" ad.

I am not following Cain. He is not my candidate of choice and I most certainly wont be looking for his ads on the internet.

He lost me a while back...I listened, analyzed and said....nope. Not for me...and moved on.

And Obama used it more than once...as did Cain.

Heck...even Biden used it when he referred to his then opponent as "clean and articulate"

Lmao....I find that the word "but" comes afterr a black persons name and it is very disturbing.....VERY disturbing...

"he is black BUT he is a really nice guy"
"She is black BUT I would trust her with my life"
"He is black BUT he went to a great school and will prove to be a great success"
"he is black BUT he is clean and articulate"

I know liberals who voted for Obama but still used the "but" word when discussing him.
And yes, I know conservsatives who use the but word as well.
Those are more like examples of racism than playing the race card. Though I guess it isn't really always a different thing.

That is the point I have been trying to make about the phrase "race card".

Its a racist phrase designed to make peopel NOT listen to real cases of racism.

You are kidding me, right?

There isn't enough bandwidth to cover every play of the race card by the Messiah.

Only ones who call him that are Righties.

Every fucking day, a new card. The difference was that you didn't see it. You see it now though... because Cain's a black conservative instead of a black liberal.
Ok, give us one or two from this last week.
Oh yeah, CG, you did say every day. In fact you said every fucking day.

(btw, I realize I'm replying to Bodecea's post)

she also posted that "he won an election by lying about it"

That's about the only thing Obama "played the race card" on..and it turns out he was 100% correct.

He's really silly.

lmao...

Got it.

That doesnt count becuase if you read between the lines, he was 100% correct.

Uh....yo......wake up......HE DID IT SO YOU WOULD READ BETWEEN THE LINES AND SOMEHOW SEE THAT THE GOP WAS DOING IT.

That is why people use the race card.

No, I was a Hillary supporter. I only voted for Obama because of Sarah Palin.

Are the Dems going to run anyone against Obama in the primaries, you think?

I think Hillary has a better chance of winning this time around...

Just sayin' :D
I don't know about that....the only credible candidate on the Republican side so far is Mitten and most Republicans don't seem to care much for him.

I'm kinda starting to think none of them really want the job. They want the messes cleaned up first..so they can come in and wreck things again.

So..they are cleaning out the closet of the crazies..and Mitt..who they don't really like much anyways. Mitt lost to McCain, and McCain lost to Obama.

Mitt's going to beat Obama, now? :lol:

If Cain were the exact same guy, politically, etc., but were white,

who really thinks that the left/Democrats would then, because he was white,

go easier on him?

He's really silly.

lmao...

Got it.

Uh....yo......wake up......HE DID IT SO YOU WOULD READ BETWEEN THE LINES AND SOMEHOW SEE THAT THE GOP WAS DOING IT.

The GOP could easily stop this shit..but they don't. They could stop making a person's religion, national origin, and ethnicity, political issues. But that's what they've done and keep on doing. Heck, Sarah Palin practically called Obama a muslim terrorist. It got so bad, McCain had to point out that Obama was not a Muslim (Like that should make any difference).

Cain is pointing to all sorts of things..and it will get ugly if he keeps it up.

He's really silly.

lmao...

Got it.

1. That's the one example you have, and it is weak and was mostly done in jest.

2. As I said, if that qualifies as 'Playing the race card,' fine. But the amount of 'Playing the race card' that actually took place was minuscule to the point of irrelevance compared to the amount of 'Playing the 'playing the race card' card.'

Forum List

Back