Rice likens Terrorists to KKK...

"Islam" means "submission." It means submission totally to Allah

"And whatever the Messenger gives you, take it, and whatever he forbids you, leave it. And fear Allah: truly Allah is severe in punishment. " [Qur'an 59:7]

The problem with Islam is that you can't only read the Quaran, you also have to read the Sunnah and Hadith.

In Islam, the Arabic word sunnah has come to denote the way Prophet Muhammad (saas), the Messenger of Allah, lived his life. The Sunnah is the second source of Islamic jurisprudence, the first being the Qur'an. Both sources are indispensable; one cannot practice Islam without consulting both of them. The Arabic word hadith (pl. ahadith) is very similar to Sunnah, but not identical. A hadith is a narration about the life of the Prophet (saas) or what he approved - as opposed to his life itself, which is the Sunnah as already mentioned.

In M. M. Azami's Studies in Hadith Methodology and Literature, the following precise definition of a hadith is given,

According to Muhaddithiin [scholars of hadith -ed.] it stands for 'what was transmitted on the authority of the Prophet, his deeds, sayings, tacit approval, or description of his sifaat (features) meaning his physical appearance. However, physical appearance of the Prophet is not included in the definition used by the jurists.'

Thus hadith literature means the literature which consists of the narrations of the life of the Prophet and the things approved by him.

Just as in Christianity, sometimes the versus/teachings are misinterpreted. The problem with Islam is that the majority of the nuts have taken over the sanitarium.

Just as one time Christians went through a warlike rampage trying to spread Christianity, the Muslims are doing so today. The Christians were tamed over time and now Islam needs to be tamed.

The liberals need to stop looking at this as Christians (Bush and co) against Islam and start looking at this as the WORLD fighting FUNDAMENTALISM. This would not be tolerated by the left if it were Christians (or Jews - look at their reactions to Israel protecting istelf) and it should not be tolerated by left when it is Muslims. Fundamentalis of any religion are dangerous and we have to put a stop to them!

I would only add that catholocism is NOT christianity, it is a set of religious rituals replacing God with man, and that Cristianity needs no Bible to be what it is.

It is the relationship and dependence on Christ through His grace alone that is Christianity.

Originally posted by OCA
Well yeah he's got strong beliefs about christianity but last I heard he hadn't lynched anybody or firebombed any buildings or burned some crosses. Comparing a christian to the KKK is a little bit of a stretch.

But that's the way the radical left likes to paint Christians. It turns attention away from their own racism, i.e. A.A.

Originally posted by freeandfun1
The problem with Islam is that you can't only read the Quaran, you also have to read the Sunnah and Hadith.

Why can't you just read the Quran?

I was just perusing amazon.com to see which english translation of the Quran is the most accurate. The consensus among reviewers seemed to suggest it was a certain Dr. Khalifa's. While I was searching for his translation, another book he had written appeared at the top of the search result list. The editorial review suggested in that book, Quran, Hadith, And Islam, that Dr. Khalifa felt that the Hadith superseding the Quran in the Islam world was both wrong and the main problem with Islam today.

So one doesn't have to read the Sunnah and Hadith to be a Moslem, many just do, and in so doing practice Islam in direct violation of the Quran.

Looks like I have two books to read now.

Originally posted by Zhukov
So one doesn't have to read the Sunnah and Hadith to be a Moslem, many just do, and in so doing practice Islam in direct violation of the Quran.

Looks like I have two books to read now.

I am not a Muslim myself, so I can only go by what I can find during my personal research. I agree that there is divisiveness in the Muslim world on this issue.

However, many do believe strongly that the Sunnah refers generally to how the Prophet Muhammad lived his life as a model of the ideal Muslim. The sunnah consist of his deeds, habits, religious practices, sayings and attitudes, all of which serve Muslims as precedents and examples for how to live according to the Quran’s dictates. The sunnah complement the Quran, and Muslims consider them a secondary source of Islamic law after the Quran.

The sunnah may refer to acts that are permissible or condoned, acts that are always impermissible, or actions that Muhammad preferred to avoid. Some sunnah provide detailed instructions about, for example, how to pray correctly. Islam’s various schools of thought interpret the sunnah differently. Traditionalists advocate literal adherence, while others allow freer interpretation.

So again, it basically comes down to fundamentalists just like in every religion.

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew
I wonder if Dr. Rice(must include that doctor) has ever visited the USmessageboard. I remember seeing someone posting the comparison.

I think somone from the GOP visits, because on a few occasions items I've posted here have subsequently become Republican talking points.

Originally posted by Zhukov
I think somone from the GOP visits, because on a few occasions items I've posted here have subsequently become Republican talking points.

Dang, my cover is blown... I mean, uh, of course no one from the GOP ever comes here... um...

:D

Originally posted by gop_jeff
Dang, my cover is blown... I mean, uh, of course no one from the GOP ever comes here... um...

:D

Maybe the name gave it away. I mean "Jeff"? Come on. Thats GOP slang for "Im a GOP Spy". Oh and the GOP part might have helped it along.

"as favoritism and prejudice are condemned in the Bible."

Where? The Bible is basically a declaration of racial supremacy by Jews. The Old Testament is violent, bloody, racist and extremely un-P.C. The New Testament is a little softer.

Condoleeza Rice's comparison is ridiculous and will be rejected by many blacks, who side with the Muslims as oppressed by whites.

The Knights of the Ku Klux Klan were a band of men who sought to protect their land and their people. They are portrayed as evil today because whites are mushy guilt-trippers and Jews have their hands on the communication machinery. Except for the keyboard I'm tappin' on right now. God bless this great nation!

:cof:

Originally posted by insein
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=sto...st_pe/condoleezza_rice_vanderbilt_1&printer=1

I agree with her assessment that terror is terror no matter who inflicts it.

On the side note, why are people still calling her a liar? These Vandy students and professors have no idea what the hell they are talking about when they say she is a "person who repeatedly misrepresented the truth to tragic effect." Thankfully it was merely 200 out of a school of thousands.

I don't agree with a lot about the Bush administration, but this by Rice is spot on. Both have the same goals, and both are based hate. Hate is a terrible weapon it would seem.

Originally posted by insein
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=sto...st_pe/condoleezza_rice_vanderbilt_1&printer=1

I agree with her assessment that terror is terror no matter who inflicts it.

On the side note, why are people still calling her a liar? These Vandy students and professors have no idea what the hell they are talking about when they say she is a "person who repeatedly misrepresented the truth to tragic effect." Thankfully it was merely 200 out of a school of thousands.

This being the case, then, it is a matter for Interpol and national law enforcement agencies such as the FBI, not the military.

Forum List

Back