Rice is Still No. 1 on Short List of Romney Veep Possibilities

That's why McCain's overseas trip was so successful? Or Dole's? Or Gore's?
Oops.

No, people behind in polls don't make overseas trips because they need to campaign at home. Obama is behind. That's why we haven't seen the adoring tours we saw 4years ago.

I've already shown the press believed the Wisconsin election was too close to call right up until a massive Walker victory.
You've just run your mouth and failed to provide proof.

Oops.

No, people behind in polls don't make overseas trips because they need to campaign at home. Obama is behind. That's why we haven't seen the adoring tours we saw 4years ago.

I've already shown the press believed the Wisconsin election was too close to call right up until a massive Walker victory.

Except it wasn't.... I posted real polls... You posted your inability to understand context of words.. which is kind of sad.

Oh, by the way, McCain did go on Foriegn trips in 2008... He just didn't screw up as memorably as RomneyShambles..

McCain Stumbles On Facts During Overseas Tour | KCRG-TV9 | Cedar Rapids, Iowa News, Sports, and Weather

Oops.

Except it wasn't.... I posted real polls... You posted your inability to understand context of words.. which is kind of sad.

Oh, by the way, McCain did go on Foriegn trips in 2008... He just didn't screw up as memorably as RomneyShambles..

McCain Stumbles On Facts During Overseas Tour | KCRG-TV9 | Cedar Rapids, Iowa News, Sports, and Weather

So says the high school dropout.

Yeah, well, you obviously didn't understand teh difference between opinion polls and polling places when you stated "Polls say too close to call".

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Wisconsin Governor Recall Election - Walker vs. Barrett

Final Results

--

--

Walker +6.8

RCP Average

5/17 - 6/3

--

Walker +6.7

WeAskAmerica

6/3 - 6/3

1570 LV

Walker +12

PPP (D)

6/2 - 6/3

1226 LV

Walker +3

Marquette University

5/23 - 5/26

600 LV

Walker +7

WPR/St. Norbert

5/17 - 5/22

406 LV

Walker +5

Yawn
Wisconsin recall election too close to call after polls close - politics - NBCNews.com

CNN said exit polling showed Walker and Barrett tied at 50 percent each. The exit polls were based on interviews with voters as they left polling places and not actual results. Only a small number of ballots had been counted shortly after polls closed.

Unless you actually mean the physical polling places were too close together to allow telephone calls to be made. I wouldn't put it past you to think that, as you have already demonstrated poor understanding of words.

Again, exit polls, notoriously unreliable. Remember the 2004 exit polls that showed Kerry winning, and they were practicaly breaking out the crying towels on Faux News until the real results came in?

I do.

The REAL polls, done scientifically, showed Walker with a healthy lead all along, because the recall was a terrible idea.

It was a terrible idea only because the union thugs lost. Had they won you would be saying differently.

But back to this election: Polls are showing a dead heat. But the truth is a lot of people say they'll vote for OBama but I suspect they dont want to appear to be racist so just say that. In the polls they will pull the lever for Romney, if they go at all.
I cannot recall as much enthusiasm on the right for an election, especially given that Romney is not a conservative at all. People are waiting to show up in droves to vote out the present incompetent, the worst president since idi Amin.
And let's face it, if Romney were a Baptist you'd be all over him. Only your bigotry makes you say stupid stuff like a DNC talking head.

It was a terrible idea only because the union thugs lost. Had they won you would be saying differently.

But back to this election: Polls are showing a dead heat. But the truth is a lot of people say they'll vote for OBama but I suspect they dont want to appear to be racist so just say that. In the polls they will pull the lever for Romney, if they go at all.
I cannot recall as much enthusiasm on the right for an election, especially given that Romney is not a conservative at all. People are waiting to show up in droves to vote out the present incompetent, the worst president since idi Amin.
And let's face it, if Romney were a Baptist you'd be all over him. Only your bigotry makes you say stupid stuff like a DNC talking head.

Please go back to my posts on teh subject. Even before the votes happened, I stated I thought the recall was wrong because recalls should be there to punish malfeasence, not for a "do-over" because you didn't get the election results you wanted.

Polls are not showing "a dead heat", they are showing Obama has been consistantly ahead of Romney all along.

If Romney were a Baptist, he wouldn't be as much of an elitist asshole. Mormonism makes people into assholes...

Even Bush-43 (who was Methodist) didn't feel the need to shove his $77,000 Dressage Horse in our faces.

No, there is no poll showing Obama ahead. All of them are statistical dead heats, well within margin of error. You do know what margin of error means, right?

Paul Ryan gets the nod...
:razz:
Report: Romney prepares to pick Ryan
Aug 10, 2012 • Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker asked to be ready to make case publicly for ticket
The Weekly Standard has learned that the Romney campaign has begun to prepare a vigorous effort in support of Paul Ryan if he is selected as Mitt Romney’s vice presidential pick—something now likely to happen soon. For example, GOP officials tell THE WEEKLY STANDARD that Wisconsin governor Scott Walker is among a group of Republicans who has been asked to be ready, in terms of his schedule and other practical preparations, to make the case publicly for a Romney-Ryan ticket as early as Saturday.

This of course does not mean the Wisconsin congressman will necessarily end up as Romney’s running mate. The Romney campaign may be working to lay the groundwork for one or two other possible picks, though THE WEEKLY STANDARD has been unable to find evidence of any comparable preparation for other candidates. Or the Romney team could be engaging in some last minute misdirection, as other campaigns have done. In 2000, much of the attention in the days before the announcement of Dick Cheney as Bush’s running mate focused on John Danforth, thanks to nudging from inside the campaign. And in 2004, the New York Post splashed on its front page a story indicating that Richard Gephardt would be John Kerry’s running mate. It’s entirely possible that the Romney campaign is engaging in the same kind of shenanigans.

But if the signs pointing toward Ryan, increasing in number, are meant as a feint, it's an odd one. Ryan is popular among conservatives and Republicans, and the talk about him is generating lots of excitement in conservative and GOP circles. The campaign would presumably be acting to tamp down Ryan speculation if Ryan weren't going to be the pick, in order to avoid a sense of letdown if he's passed over. But the campaign is doing no such thing. Rather, it seems to be preparing observers for Ryan.

Thursday night, in an interview with NBC’s Chuck Todd, Romney responded to a question as to what he wanted his vice presidential selection to convey. "I certainly expect to have a person that has a strength of character. A vision for the country, that, that adds something to the political discourse about the direction of the country. I mean I happen to believe this is a defining election for America; that we're gonna be voting for what kind of America we're gonna have."

More Romney Prepares to Pick Ryan | The Weekly Standard

See also:

Romney to announce VP this morning in Virginia
August 10, 2012 - GOP team has been relentlessly teasing announcement for weeks
Mitt Romney will announce his running mate at 9 a.m. ET Saturday in Norfolk, Va., Fox News confirms. Romney will launch his “The Romney Plan For A Stronger Middle Class” bus tour after announcing his choice for vice presidential candidate, according to an official press release from the Romney campaign. The selection comes roughly two weeks before the start of the Republican National Convention in Tampa, and gives Romney plenty of space to rally the party behind his pick before the official nomination.

The campaign has not yet confirmed who the running mate is. Speculation has centered lately on Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, but Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, Ohio Sen. Rob Portman and former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, among others, have all been mentioned as possibilities in recent days. The Romney could also decide to surprise everybody with an outside-the-box selection Saturday morning.

The announcement comes as some polls, including a recent Fox News survey, show the Republican presidential candidate losing some ground to President Obama. In a statement issued Friday night, the Romney campaign said the running mate would be revealed at 9 a.m. EDT at the Nauticus Museum. Romney is kicking off a four-day bus tour through swing states. The vice presidential selection will dominate headlines, and Romney's team has been relentlessly teasing the announcement for weeks.

Read more: Romney to announce running mate Saturday morning in Virginia | Fox News

No, there is no poll showing Obama ahead. All of them are statistical dead heats, well within margin of error. You do know what margin of error means, right?
You'd better get your Valium-'script renewed (for this campaign), before there's a "conservative"-RUN on the drug!!!!!

Even Joe Scarborough can't manage to mask.....

.....and, he's a full-blown, Florida/White-trash racist, "conservative"-asshole.​

Forum List

Back