Ricci v DeStefano?

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
Hypothetically speaking, if the situation had been reversed and the only firefighters that passed the exam were black, does anyone here believe that the results would have been thrown out and they would have been denied promotion? Furthermore, if the results were indeed thrown out and the black firefighters sued, does anyone think they would have lost their case?

:eusa_whistle:

Hypothetically speaking, if the situation had been reversed and the only firefighters that passed the exam were black, does anyone here believe that the results would have been thrown out and they would have been denied promotion? Furthermore, if the results were indeed thrown out and the black firefighters sued, does anyone think they would have lost their case?

If the test were written to give an advantage to any group it would violate title vii. A rational person could come to that conclusion no matter what the color of the plaintiff.

This is really pathetic. You are projecting your stereotypes onto Sotomeyer and labelling her the racist.

• Banned
This thread isn't about Sotomayor. There's already enough threads about her already.

From what I read, the test was developed by an outside consulting group and the only "group" that had any advantage was people who prepared for the exam and knew the material.

Those that wrote the test admitted it didn't test anyone's ability to be a good supervisor. Apparently it only tested anyone's ability to take a bubble test. And that violates title vii.

• Banned
An LA Times editorial? Are you fucking serious??? :rofl:

Thanks but no thanks. I just did my own research and found you to be lying like a fucking rug once again.

I have no idea if the results would have been thrown out, but yes if they had been, the black firefighters would have lost their case. Try reading the opinion, its not race based. And title VII has been held to protect whites from being discriminated against as well.

• Banned

I have no idea if the results would have been thrown out, but yes if they had been, the black firefighters would have lost their case. Try reading the opinion, its not race based. And title VII has been held to protect whites from being discriminated against as well.

Not based on race? :confused: ?

:rofl:

An LA Times editorial? Are you fucking serious??? :rofl:

Thanks but no thanks. I just did my own research and found you to be lying like a fucking rug once again.
Sure you did. Go ahead and post the trail transcripts and show me where the link I provided is incorrect.

It's an opinion piece. From the LA Times no less. I didn't even bother clicking on it. Like I said, I did my own research and found YOUR statement to be a bald faced lie. But I've gone down this road many times with you before and I know you're going to defend your lie to the hilt. With you agenda trumps integrity every time. Same shit different day.

It's an opinion piece. From the LA Times no less. I didn't even bother clicking on it. Like I said, I did my own research and found YOUR statement to be a bald faced lie. But I've gone down this road many times with you before and I know you're going to defend your lie to the hilt. With you agenda trumps integrity every time. Same shit different day.
It's easy enough for you to call me a liar without presenting your so called research that shows what I posted to be a lie.

Of course you didn't read it, your afraid to find out that you are wrong.

I have no doubt that you took your "facts" from the opinion piece you linked. You're a liar not a fool.

Not based on race? :confused: ?

:rofl:

Its not. It never says that hispanics or blacks are any different than whites.

The rule that it applies is this:

Specifically, the EEOC “four-fifths rule” provides that a selection tool that yields “[a] selection rate for any race, sex, or ethnic group which is less than four-fifths (4/5) (or eighty percent) of the rate for the group with the highest rate will generally be regarded by the Federal enforcement agencies as evidence of adverse impact, while a greater than four-fifths rate will generally not be regarded by Federal enforcement agencies as evidence of adverse impact.”

Which makes the tests presumptively invalid. Nothing about any specific race mentioned there.

Fine, then you admit it's about race. Debate fail.

Incorrect again. As i said, the opinion is not race based. Now you can keep skewing and misinterpreting that if you want, but thats a very specific statement which says neither that the case is about race, nor does it say it has "nothing" to do with race.

Man_Tap_Dancing.gif

Forum List

Back