Rian Johnson should not get his own Star Wars trilogy

AsianTrumpSupporter

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2017
Democratic People's Republique de Californie
I'm in what appears to be an increasingly, shrinking minority of people who thought The Last Jedi was good. Not great, but good. That said, I don't like the news that Johnson is getting what sounds like free reign to do an entire trilogy.

Part of what made the original trilogy so good is that a different director directed each movie. Lucas only directed the first movie (A New Hope). What made the prequels such schlock is that Lucas had complete creative control and surrounded himself with yes-men. He was also a grumpy, old, jaded liberal who wouldn't leave his studio to film anything, because he's a lazy hack.

Hopefully, due to the growing backlash against The Last Jedi, Disney will take that trilogy away from Johnson and break it up with multiple directors.

Also, Kathleen Kennedy should be fired or at least demoted. She's a fossil relic from Lucas' schlock days.

Last edited:
I'm in what appears to be an increasingly, shrinking minority of people who thought The Last Jedi was good. Not great, but good. That said, I don't like the news that Johnson is getting what sounds like free reign to do an entire trilogy.

Part of what made the original trilogy so good is that a different director directed each movie. Lucas only directed the first movie (A New Hope). What made the prequels such schlock is that Lucas had complete creative control and surrounded himself with yes-men. He was also a grumpy, old, jaded liberal who wouldn't leave his studio to film anything, because he's a lazy hack.

Hopefully, due to the growing backlash against The Last Jedi, Disney will take that trilogy away from Johnson and break it up with multiple directors.
Once again, I was disappointed with Star Wars where back in the day, the princess needed saving and the hero(was somewhat of men) who came to the aid and saved the day. In the Last Jedi where Luke, had to milk a sea cow for a drink, could only emote himself to stop the stupid EVIL man who wanted to kill the rebellion while the "written in" strong women(one a drug addict and drunk) saved the rebellion for another day. I fell asleep through the movie twice, and the ending was just boring.....But typical of a liberal ending..

Disney literally losing hundreds of millions. If they want to keep losing money, then go for it. Plenty of people don't give a sh** about Star Wars at this point. Quite the fall for a movie franchise that was once unconditionally loved.

Now we can see that far right film critics are not critics just laughable. The movie was flawed and inconsistent and still fun. And it has made more than $700 million in a week.

The one thing I can't stand about the new movies is the way they treat the Empire (First Order) and the Republic. None of what they are doing makes any sense.
I don't mind the Jedi stuff though, it's different but at least interesting. The movies should be about the Skywalkers, they are clearly trying to tell the masses to forget about the Skywalkers and start caring about the more "diverse" cast of nobodies.

Forum List

Back