Rhode Island Democrat Copies Arizona's Immigration Law and Files It

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
Palumbo, a Cranston Democrat, had stated he had no plans to file such legislation this year. But he changed his mind last week as opposition to the Arizona law — including a spreading economic boycott and legal challenges — continued to mount.

“What pushed me over the edge was, when I heard the mayor of San Francisco and mayor of L.A. chastising the governor [Brewer] for her efforts, I just snapped. When they said they’re going to economically boycott one of their sovereign states — that’s what did it,” Palumbo said.
Rhode Island lawmaker files bill that follows Arizona immigration law | Rhode Island news | projo.com | The Providence Journal

There isn't much on the internet yet but if it was on local radio I'm sure the news stations will be picking it up tonight or tommorrow and then it will be everywhere.

Last edited:
From State Rep. Peter G. Palumbo “We’re all under attack, basically,” he said. “People are coming in from all our borders and they’re coming in quickly. Everyone agrees something needs to be done … I’m trying to show the people in Arizona that there are more people in support of them, than against them.”

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

IMHO, this is why the States will not fall like Rome... We Are the UNITED States and this is From a Democrat to boot! :lol:

Steven Brown, executive director of the Rhode Island affiliate of the ACLU, called Palumbo’s bill “nothing less than a deliberate recipe for increased racial profiling in the state. It purports to give police this magical bloodhound quality of being able to sniff out any individual who is in the country illegally. How a police officer otherwise is able to adopt this reasonable suspicion that somebody is here illegally is beyond me.”

Ah and the handy "race card" has already come out...

Rhode Island is not thought of as overly conservative either so that makes it more interesting.

Well that is because Democrat or Republican there are many people who still believe in the separation of powers between the FED and the States. Even if Obams does not.

Reasonable People, even those who want open borders, can still be opposed to the court ruling against Arizona. On the grounds that they do not think it usurps any federal power, and that the states are well with in their rights to try and catch illegals in their states.

Rhode Island is not thought of as overly conservative either so that makes it more interesting.

Well that is because Democrat or Republican there are many people who still believe in the separation of powers between the FED and the States. Even if Obams does not.

Reasonable People, even those who want open borders, can still be opposed to the court ruling against Arizona. On the grounds that they do not think it usurps any federal power, and that the states are well with in their rights to try and catch illegals in their states.

And I'm glad to see some dems standing up for it for a change. It has been too many decades that the dems have appeared to not care but like you said it shouldn't be a Dem/Rep issue.

And I'm glad to see some dems standing up for it for a change. It has been too many decades that the dems have appeared to not care but like you said it shouldn't be a Dem/Rep issue.

We can thank Obama for that.

Uh Pilgrim, hate to uh intrude, but there was a thread about this back when that same exact article was posted on here back on May 20th. :redface:

You seem to be a bit confused. The constitution gives the feds the power to control immigration not the states. That is Obama's position. It would seem to me that anyone who supported separation of powers between the feds and states ala the constitution, would have the same stand. Granted, the feds have done a piss poor job on immigration, there is nothing in the constitution that says if the feds screw it up, the power to regulate it goes to the states.

We can thank Obama for that.

According to the guy you're praising, Obama had nothing to do with it. It was California and other states saying they would boycott AZ that made him do it.

I ceased being a Dem Several Years ago. Just one of the reasons is their lack of respect of the constitution.

As I have said in the past, the last Democrat President I can say I agreed with was JFK and if he were alive today he would not even recognize the Democrat party.

Last edited:

I ceased being a Dem Several Years ago. Just one of the reasons is their lack of respect of the constitution.

As I have said in the past, the last Democrat President I can say I agreed with was JFK and if he were alive today he would not even recognize the Democrat party.

I think JFK would look at the DEM party and be very confused. He would wonder where all these strange ideas about how to govern were coming from. It wouldn't look like either political party as he would remember them.

I think JFK would look at the DEM party and be very confused. He would wonder where all these strange ideas about how to govern were coming from. It wouldn't look like either political party as he would remember them.

I wonder about that. Where does the Kennedy clan stand on all of this? They have been very quiet of late.

The racial profile issue is being used to keep the states from doing what they have to do to protect their citizens. It is written that it's against the law to racial profile and still the pro-illegal loons keep harping on the same damn thing??? I thought the constitution gave the states the right to protect its citizens. AZ is right on! Hopefully Brewer wins for Governor and keeps fighting this war!

I wonder about that. Where does the Kennedy clan stand on all of this? They have been very quiet of late.

I also wonder what JFK thinks, the rest of his family not so much.

Forum List

Back