RFK woulda been president in 1968

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
if he hadnt been assasinated.

Slam -dunk.

Just won the Calif primary

Would have destroyed Nixon in the gen election

what might have been ..........................

RFK was the real deal

What Robert Redford modeled himsel in The Candidate

RFK entered the primaries late but had momentum. The Chicago convention would have been much different if RFK were the headliner. Nixon had a hard enough time beating Humphrey and would never have fared well going face to face with RFK.

I doubt if Bobby would have gotten us out of Viet Nam any sooner than Nixon did.

RFK entered the primaries late but had momentum. The Chicago convention would have been much different if RFK were the headliner. Nixon had a hard enough time beating Humphrey and would never have fared well going face to face with RFK.

I doubt if Bobby would have gotten us out of Viet Nam any sooner than Nixon did.

Nixon barely eaked out a squeeker over Humphrey.

Still would like to know who thefox in thepolka dotdres was .........................

Electoral Votes
Nixon 301
Humphrey 191

Nixon had a hard enough time beating Humphrey??

Put the fucking crack pipe down son

Nixon barely eaked out a squeeker over Humphrey.

Still would like to know who thefox in thepolka dotdres was .........................

301 to 191 is barely eacking out a squeeker?

Another one on crack....

Slam -dunk.

i'll never forget it. i was nine years old, at school, scott mcghee (now the manager for kiss and motley crue, bon jovi etc.) took me aside, and said "you know what this means ??"

i said no. he said " it means your guy nixon is a sixty niner". my dad worked for a big corporation so i suppose i was republican.

seems kind of silly now, but he may have been right. true story.

Electoral Votes
Nixon 301
Humphrey 191

Nixon had a hard enough time beating Humphrey??

Put the fucking crack pipe down son

Political Party Presidential Nom. VP Nom. # % # %

Republican Richard M. Nixon Spiro Agnew 301 55.9 31,785,480 43.4
Democratic Hubert H. Humphrey Edmund Muskie 191 35.5 31,275,166 42.7
American Independent George Wallace Curtis LeMay 45 8.4 9,906,473 13.5

Keep in mind that George Wallace pulled votes away from Humphrey. In the popular vote, Nixon only pulled 500k more votes than Humphrey. Nixon also won California, which would have gone to Kennedy in a popular election

Last edited:
The only difference that was of importance would have been VN and Watergate.

The only major knock on Nixon was his paranoia, aside from that he was another moderate in a long line of moderates.

Bobby wouldn't have done shit about VN except kept us there.

No way could he get us out, not since his brother got us in there.

The only major knock on Nixon was his paranoia, aside from that he was another moderate in a long line of moderates.

Nixon did a good job in the decisions he made. Viet Nam was a quagmire and nobody was going to pull out overnight. China probably would have gone the same.

Watergate and some of the other paranoid nonsense that Nixon pulled never would have happened

Nixon did a good job in the decisions he made. Viet Nam was a quagmire and nobody was going to pull out overnight. China probably would have gone the same.

Watergate and some of the other paranoid nonsense that Nixon pulled never would have happened

All my info on Nixon is 2nd hand.

Isn't he the one that created medicare, or worked to get it passed?

The biggest concerning thing is that Vietnam split the democrats so bad that I fear increased involvement with Libya might do the same.

The biggest concerning thing is that Vietnam split the democrats so bad that I fear increased involvement with Libya might do the same.

The only split I recall is the bean counters from JFK counted bullets and desided soldiers can kill one person per so many bullets, and based the supplies on that.
The smart ones wanted total unrestricted warfare.

Sadly, JFK, was a bean counter.

By all accounts RFK was a strange, strange person. It's possible that he and JFK shared MM. God help us the next time we allow a president to appoint his own brother as head of the Justice Dept. Since JFK was tied to organized crime the Attorney General couldn't really go after the Mafia so the A.G. became the defacto secretary of state. It was RFK who entangled the US in exploding cigar diplomacy with several (laughable) attempts to assassinate Castro. RFK had the CIA train and feed and equip the crazy Cuban invasion army before his brother abandoned them at the Bay of Pigs. Everything A.G. Kennedy did including illegally tapping Dr. King's phone was designed to protect his brother. RFK would have been indicted and sent to prison if it wasn't for the incredible continuing coverup by the liberal media.

Slam -dunk.

he was way behind humphrey. he entered the race too late and Johnson had a lot of pull over the convention. I doubt it.

No doubt RFK would have been elected president. The liberal media did it's best to make sure the American public didn't have the information necessory for an intelligent vote on Camelot characters. The media protected Bobby just as they redesigned JFK's inept war record and his world class (until Clinton) infidelity as well as his dependence on Dr. Feelgoods for prescription medication for chronic back pain. God knows what another inept Kennedy administration would have become under Bobby and what we would have had with still another personality flawed Kennedy if Mary Jo hadn't died in Teddy's car.

Forum List

Back