Rezko Singing?

The Paperboy

Times Square
Aug 26, 2008
Times Square
Federal prosecutors have asked a judge to indefinitely postpone Tony Rezko’s sentencing on corruption charges — admitting for the first time they are undergoing discussions with the political fund-raiser.

Story here

Last edited:
Federal prosecutors have asked a judge to indefinitely postpone Tony Rezko’s sentencing on corruption charges — admitting for the first time they are undergoing discussions with the political fund-raiser.

Story here
you messed up your link

what do you all think he's going to reveal? :lol:

this doesn't even have anything to to with Obama

prosecutors have asked to interview or reinterview their clients about allegations that Blagojevich's campaign took contributions in exchange for state contracts or appointments.

If a judge agrees to delay Rezko's sentencing, it could be good news for Democratic presidential nominee Obama because the former Obama friend and fund-raiser was set to be sentenced just days before the Nov. 4 election.

good lord you guys are a funny bunch

Last edited:
what do you all think he's going to reveal? :lol:

this doesn't even have anything to to with Obama

good lord you guys are a funny bunch
who knows, might be nothing, might be something
why not let him do it BEFORE the election and then let the people decide based on all the evidence

why not let him do it BEFORE the election and then let the people decide based on all the evidence

okay by me, since according to that article what he's revealing has to do with someone elses campaign...or can't you read?

There is no mention of wrongdoing by Obama or his campaign...it's Blagojevich, governor of IL.... now unless it's more guilt by association because Obama is FROM IL I don't see the connection.

Blago says he's not worried about Rezko :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Gov. Blagojevich and Operation Board Games

"Tony Rezko sent a letter to a judge. In that letter, he expressly states neither Sen. Obama nor I did anything wrong,” Blagojevich told reporters this morning.

“That letter is a pretty strong statement. It speaks for itself,” the governor said later.

The letter the governor referred to was released in June by U.S. District Judge Amy St. Eve after Rezko was convicted of wide-ranging fraud involving state boards and commissions. Rezko penned the letter in April as he was trying to be released from federal custody while on trial.

“They are pressuring me to tell them the 'wrong' things that I supposedly know about Gov. Blagojevich and Sen. Obama,” Rezko wrote in his letter to St. Eve. “I have never been party to any wrongdoing that involved the governor or the senator. I will never fabricate lies about anyone else for selfish purposes. I will take what comes my way, but I will never hurt innocent people.”

so that begs the question....is Rezko going to make stuff up to get a lighter sentence after expressly saying that the governor nor Obama did anything wrong? and if so, when is he lying now, when he's been convicted and faces a long prison sentence or before when he could've made a deal at the beginning if he had this information :dig:

Last edited:
okay by me, since according to that article what he's revealing has to do with someone elses campaign...or can't you read?

There is no mention of wrongdoing by Obama or his campaign...it's Blagojevich, governor of IL.... now unless it's more guilt by association because Obama is FROM IL I don't see the connection.

Which Rezko may or may not provide. Sorta like If Palin will be prosecuted or not. Propaganda

In order to be elected, you have to know cronies who done illegal things as means of making income. It's part of the game in Washington. The ones who use Washington do it for competitive advantage since they can't do it without the government's invisible hand. Now see how the media plays its part. They are big corporations. Whoever waves the dollar bill, they are going to preach their sentiment. Now imagine if a common man who doesn't support those institutions that puts puppets into Washington. Will they get funding? It's a monopoly in Washington. Dems and Reps control it.

Imagine if Barack Obama was running as an independent, would the same people backing him now still support him if he weren't a Democrat? What if John McCain wasn't a Republican, would he still be tied to George W. Bush last eight years? What if Barack was a Republican, would he be accepted by America? The real change is one not affiliated with partisan politics. The two candidates come from Washington. What change have they brought while in the Senate. You can say "change". But has the words actually translate into action? Analogy: I want to change my clothes. Result, i'm still wearing the same clothes.

Obama has been in Washington for one term. He's already helped enact campaign finance reform, he helped bring transparency to the government with the google for government law which was signed making it possible for the public to see where their money is spent, He is one of the few senators who lists what his earmarks are for, etc.

To say that McCain and Obama are of the same cloth is false. They are both in Washington but one has been entrenched there for almsot 3 decades and the other is a newcomer who has been fighting to make things different.

Obama has been in Washington for one term. He's already helped enact campaign finance reform, he helped bring transparency to the government with the google for government law which was signed making it possible for the public to see where their money is spent, He is one of the few senators who lists what his earmarks are for, etc.

To say that McCain and Obama are of the same cloth is false. They are both in Washington but one has been entrenched there for almsot 3 decades and the other is a newcomer who has been fighting to make things different.

wow---great ad idea---write that down !! :lol:

Blago says he's not worried about Rezko :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Gov. Blagojevich and Operation Board Games

so that begs the question....is Rezko going to make stuff up to get a lighter sentence after expressly saying that the governor nor Obama did anything wrong? and if so, when is he lying now, when he's been convicted and faces a long prison sentence or before when he could've made a deal at the beginning if he had this information :dig:
can I read??? yeah, but clearly you can't, since what YOU quoted speaks of TWO campaigns
Obama included

Just curious...do you think the same thing about Palins investigation? Or are you all for the legal wrangling Republicans are doing to delay it until after the election?

Just curious...do you think the same thing about Palins investigation? Or are you all for the legal wrangling Republicans are doing to delay it until after the election?
actually, yes
i want it over now

Forum List

Back