Rex Tillerson's State Department slams Putin for arresting protesters

Ted Frazier

Gold Member
Nov 12, 2016
There are protests against corruption in Russia, and Darth Putin is cracking down on dissenters, old men and women included.
The State Department commended Russia yesterday:

The United States said it was monitoring developments and called on Russia to release all of the protesters. Mark Toner, acting spokesman for the U.S. State Department, called the arrests "an affront to core democratic values."

"The Russian people, like people everywhere, deserve a government that supports an open marketplace of ideas, transparent and accountable governance, equal treatment under the law and the ability to exercise their rights without fear of retribution," Toner said.
Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny detained during Moscow protest

I expect journalists to ask Trump personality what he thinks.

Transparent_Easter_Red_Smiling_Egg_PNG_Clipart_Picture_zpswp0qhshr.png

Last edited by a moderator:
There are protests against corruption in Russia, and Darth Putin is cracking down on dissenters, old men and women included.
The State Department commended Russia yesterday:

The United States said it was monitoring developments and called on Russia to release all of the protesters. Mark Toner, acting spokesman for the U.S. State Department, called the arrests "an affront to core democratic values."

"The Russian people, like people everywhere, deserve a government that supports an open marketplace of ideas, transparent and accountable governance, equal treatment under the law and the ability to exercise their rights without fear of retribution," Toner said.
Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny detained during Moscow protest

I expect journalists to ask Trump personality what he thinks.

Transparent_Easter_Red_Smiling_Egg_PNG_Clipart_Picture_zpswp0qhshr.png
Trump's gonna " go after him" now. Does Tillerson want to get Trump killed by Putin?

The State Department commended Russia yesterday

Oh, my. I'll bet that's scared the livin' daylights out of the Russians. After that having come from the "oh, so credible Trump Administration," Putin's probably sweatin' like a whore in church. Not!

Woooo--meme-4311.jpg

New Topics

Forum List

Back