Rewriting the Dictionary - Anchor Baby now "offensive"

If the insult were something like Anchor Droppers, then it would relate to the illegal parent, but the term Anchor Baby, implies, imho, that the child, WHO IS LEGAL, is "less of a person, less of a citizen" than you and me....it comes off as an insult towards the child, a saying to demean the citizenship of the child....and as stated, the child IS A CITIZEN equal to you and me and does not deserve the insult or implication that they are lesser than you and me...at least not while our laws as they stand, state that they are LEGAL.

And maybe the intention of some, is NOT to do this...not to disparage the child, but this is what the term implies, to most....imo.

*shrugs* I cannot help others lack of reasoning ability. when I hear term anchor baby, I don't think of the child etc. I know they are a citizen, thats the whole point.

what term would you suggest to take the place of or otherwise describe the anchor baby phrase?

If the insult were something like Anchor Droppers, then it would relate to the illegal parent, but the term Anchor Baby, implies, imho, that the child, WHO IS LEGAL, is "less of a person, less of a citizen" than you and me....it comes off as an insult towards the child, a saying to demean the citizenship of the child....and as stated, the child IS A CITIZEN equal to you and me and does not deserve the insult or implication that they are lesser than you and me...at least not while our laws as they stand, state that they are LEGAL.

And maybe the intention of some, is NOT to do this...not to disparage the child, but this is what the term implies, to most....imo.

*shrugs* I cannot help others lack of reasoning ability. when I hear term anchor baby, I don't think of the child etc. I know they are a citizen, thats the whole point.

what term would you suggest to take the place of or otherwise describe the anchor baby phrase?
i said it in my post above...Anchor Droppers :D

i said it in my post above...Anchor Droppers :D

:eusa_think:not bad......uhmmm, how about barnacle babes?

No it doesn't. It actually implies that the parents used the child for their own devices.

projection?

You know, just typing that word does not work as the all-purpose reply when you have no actual response that you seem to think it does.

you do know how a conversation works....right? this isn't one.

I said something, you made an observation. I made one.

so? what kind of response did you think your observation would get?

Oh, you're just projecting!

Hey, derp, stating a word is usually used as an offensive term has nothing to do with left/right....it has to do with reality.
It has to do with leftist reality, which rarely bears any resemblance to the real one.
But under idiot, your picture is listed. And, yeah, idiot is usually used as an offensive term.

:thup:
Really? The lame "your picture is in the dictionary" insult, favored by third-graders everywhere? :rofl:

Damn, that's weak. :lol:
Exactly. But the level of insult required for you is very low so I went with the least effort.
Judging by the way I laughed at your feeble attempt, I'd say you severely misjudged.

That, or you really did max out your creativity. That seems most likely. :lol:

It has to do with leftist reality, which rarely bears any resemblance to the real one.

Really? The lame "your picture is in the dictionary" insult, favored by third-graders everywhere? :rofl:

Damn, that's weak. :lol:
Exactly. But the level of insult required for you is very low so I went with the least effort.
Judging by the way I laughed at your feeble attempt, I'd say you severely misjudged.

That, or you really did max out your creativity. That seems most likely. :lol:
Merry Christmas, you pathetic thing you.

New Topics

Forum List

Back