revolution in Egypt...which side are we on?

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
Don't look for any leadership in the Obama administration. Hillary was all over the map in her brief address and so far the president seems to be in hiding until the situation resolves itself and he can take sides (presumably with the radical muslems). The Egypt crisis will no doubt impact American oil prices. A barrel of crude went up $4.00 in a couple of hours. American lefties might support a radical anti-Israel coalition.

Don't look for any leadership in the Obama administration. Hillary was all over the map in her brief address and so far the president seems to be in hiding until the situation resolves itself and he can take sides (presumably with the radical muslems). The Egypt crisis will no doubt impact American oil prices. A barrel of crude went up $4.00 in a couple of hours. American lefties might support a radical anti-Israel coalition.

So? This is not our fight.

I'm on the side of not giving them hard-earned American Tax Dollars anymore. The Middle East is a real mess. Lets get the Hell out of there. Is aggressive Foreign Interventionism really working for us?

I just love stupid people.

Although I can't wait for the obama to go away, this is a pretty fucked up situation, and I don't envy him.

Watch though, the media will finally notice fuel prices are up and here's the reason.

I just love stupid people.

I know. whitehall apparently still believes our Federal Government has enough money to be continue being the world's peace keepers for free....:eusa_eh:

I'm on the side of not giving them hard-earned American Tax Dollars anymore. The Middle East is a real mess. Lets get the Hell out of there. Is aggressive Foreign Interventionism really working for us?

It's not our fight and we give them too much of our hard earned dollars. True enough but you have to expand your thoughts. Thanks to policies mostly instituted by democrats America has to take sides and has to keep sending our hard earned money to the mid-east. The president tells us that alternate energy sources are right around the corner but we are spending our great-grandkids money buying oil from the mid-east. Think lefties....there is no substitute for oil. Oil equals power in the world market and the fool in the white house tells us that the stuff is evil. We need to be independent of foreign oil while we look for alternate sources of energy.

Although I can't wait for the obama to go away, this is a pretty fucked up situation, and I don't envy him.

Watch though, the media will finally notice fuel prices are up and here's the reason.

Oil prices are already skyrocketing. This turmoil will only make things worse. Have you been paying attention to your local gas prices lately? They continue to rise rapidly. Where is all the MSM outrage over this? The answers is simple...DA BOOOOOOOSH isn't in there anymore. The MSM in our country is incredibly corrupt. It's all just a Hopey Changey fantasy for them at this point. Gas prices will continue to rise but don't count on our corrupt MSM to feign outrage this time around. It is what it is unfortunately.

hey, if the people of egypt install a government you don't like and cannot bribe or intimidate into doing what's best for USA!USA!USA! you can always later engineer a coup and install another strong man. what could go wrong.

Agreed..but if we can help broker (politically as a mediator) a rational transition into a Democratic state.

I'd be for that.

Agreed..but if we can help broker (politically as a mediator) a rational transition into a Democratic state.

I'd be for that.

Who is going to pay us for these services?

I'd be for that.

Who is going to pay us for these services?

The taxes accrued from continued trade with a stable region.

I'm on the side of "Fuck 'em". Our troops have done above and beyond what is reasonable for that region of the world, and to what thanks? Hell, even the left wing of our own nation doesn't thank them.

Our men and women in uniform deserve better. Fuck the Middle East. Fuck Europe. Fuck Africa. Fuck Asia. It's time we look out for our own.

You side with Mubarik. He may be an SOB, but he keeps the radicals and terrorists clamped down, just like Saddam and the Shah did. This neocon idea of people from other cultures wanting to imitate western democracy is a fool's dream. In each instance where the dictator/ruler has been deposed, look at what has happened.......teh anit-American radical islamist have taken over. You side with Mubarik.

You side with Mubarik. He may be an SOB, but he keeps the radicals and terrorists clamped down, just like Saddam and the Shah did. This neocon idea of people from other cultures wanting to imitate western democracy is a fool's dream. In each instance where the dictator/ruler has been deposed, look at what has happened.......teh anit-American radical islamist have taken over. You side with Mubarik.

Yea i see a lot of people celebrating this upheaval in Egypt but i would caution people on these early celebrations. Much darker forces could be waiting in the wings to take power in Egypt. We saw this in Iran. The Shah was not an ideal leader but the deranged Islamic Clerics who replaced him were much much worse. They ushered in a dark age of Radical Islamic Terrorism all over the World. So was the Shah really so bad after all? We just don't know who's waiting to take power in Egypt. So I would hold off on those celebrations. I would say the same about Lebanon too.

Forum List

Back