Revolt

The Declaration of Independence is not a law, but was a form of propaganda when written. What was the purpose of the Declaration of Independence?
I don't know if individuals are too stupid to read and understand the Constitution, but do they? Might look at the results of simple citizenship tests asking for the name of the vice president. When did people become part of the Constitution's checks and balances
Why didn't the Confederate states use the same reasoning methods to gain independence as did the founders? Certainly some of the those states must have issued their own Declaration of Independence, but it didn't work, why?

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government

10592693_954259794590690_6556925295032947584_n.jpg

For a time I was in the military police at Fort Ord. Every once in a while we would have an exercise in crowd control, or call it what you will; armed with bayoneted MI's we would advance toward the imaginary mob, jabbing our bayonets in unison. Would we have fired on civilians if ordered, no question in my mind.
Has the army now changed to a political force or are we creating our own scenarios?

The post needs to go in the conspiracy forum. Ever see the "leaders" of two bit dictatorships give a speech? They usually wear outlandish uniforms signifying the fact that they are the military leaders of their country. In the United States the military takes orders from the civilian government and the civilian government takes orders from the people. Propaganda enters into the mix also. If the media justifies an act of atrocity towards civilians by the military it will usually be "justified" by the government. Case in point, the use of military tanks and poison gas against the people in Waco. The military will follow orders from the government without question. It's up to the people to be aware of their responsibility in supervising the government and seeing beyond the usual fluff and propaganda that mostly liberal media outlets spout in defense of democrat administrations.

I disagree. I think that in the case of widespread revolt over constitutional issues the majority of the military would act to protect and defend the Constitution as they are sworn to do.

Yes and 67 68 we were more united than today but as I remember before that say 58 is the era that we need to think re kindling.
Country's enemy Yes. But Domestic enemy is more difficult to recognize.

That's the point we wasted time fighting the COMMIES and maybe we should have been spending more resources fighting the domestic enemies.

I took up arms fighting the foreign enemy--I would take up arms to fight the domestic enemy
that some day might be needed.
Would you not take up arms to fight the domestic enemy's if needed??

In the 50s and 60s we had terrorists bombing schools and churches. Lynching, arson, intimidation. We had state sponsored tyranny looking the other way as terrorists ran rampant.

Yet you look longingly back to that time and whine that we need to rise up against the government for.....ready?.....I'm serious here.......forcing people to get healthcare

Well I guess you believe that there was never a good period in the USA's history pity you just do not get the point

I actually believe that socially, this is the best period in American history
Economically, not so much
Seriously, there is more social discord going during the last 6 years than I have seen since the mid-late 60's.

Yes and 67 68 we were more united than today but as I remember before that say 58 is the era that we need to think re kindling.
Country's enemy Yes. But Domestic enemy is more difficult to recognize.

That's the point we wasted time fighting the COMMIES and maybe we should have been spending more resources fighting the domestic enemies.

I took up arms fighting the foreign enemy--I would take up arms to fight the domestic enemy
that some day might be needed.
Would you not take up arms to fight the domestic enemy's if needed??

In the 50s and 60s we had terrorists bombing schools and churches. Lynching, arson, intimidation. We had state sponsored tyranny looking the other way as terrorists ran rampant.

Yet you look longingly back to that time and whine that we need to rise up against the government for.....ready?.....I'm serious here.......forcing people to get healthcare

Well I guess you believe that there was never a good period in the USA's history pity you just do not get the point

I actually believe that socially, this is the best period in American history
Economically, not so much
Seriously, there is more social discord going during the last 6 years than I have seen since the mid-late 60's.
Democracy is an attempt to give people a chance to peacefully ventilate their discord. Discord has been around for some time.

Forum List

Back