revisiting my youth at hot topic-haha!

K

KLSuddeth

My kids wanted to run into hot topic yesterday so even though I had been working at the new house and in the yard all day, I went with them.

What did I find there? Lo and behold (all that was missing was the light from the heavens shining down upon them lol) was a pair of neon teal converse high tops!:dance:

I had to have them. I had them in all colors in my teens and early 20's and love em. haha! Well after nearly half an hour searching for the right size (damn do kids these days have bigger feet than when I was young?) I found them - they had only 1 pair that small and those were in the back- and bought them. I wanted purple strings for them, but alas none were to be found. then I got a pair of long, baggy black shorts with teal stars on the side. My kids were thrilled. My husband is appalled LMAO - says I cant wear them in public.

Will I wear this stuff? Hell yes I will. I'll wear the cons whether they match a damn thing I own. And if DK says a word about it, I'll sport the matching eyeliner and black lipstick. Just to annoy him. ANd I will LOVE every milli-second of it!

:p:

And to keep things interesting! I know what you mean about the Converse, I have a pair too. I still love wearing moccasins during spring and fall. Some things we don't want to leave with our youth!

I still wear my 'freaker boots'. lol
You know - the mocassin boots?
Love em!

The daughter, otherwise known around here as 'the royal princess' was pretty po'd when she found I hadn't saved any 'retro' clothes. Geez, not enough room here now!

Forum List

Back