Revisionist History: Unions

Goose.... your a lost cause.

Good luck whining throughout life :(

Me, Im going to get busy being one of those filthy awful rich people, and Im going to do it without the help of a union
:cool:

No whining here. Just realistic truth telling.

Good luck and I wish you well on becoming filthy awful rich but the odds are against you. :eusa_hand:

No they are'nt.... wait..... yes they are!

I need to wait till that turd in the Whitehouse gets voted out of office like the rest of the entrepreneurs out here.

Damn I cant wait either :clap2:

See? Already you're showing you have no clue about business and how to start one. Let's find out WHY most businesses fail. (Hint: it's not government regs)

Why Small Businesses Fail: Top 7 Reasons Startups Fail And How To Avoid Failure

See? Already you're showing you have no clue about business and how to start one. Let's find out WHY most businesses fail. (Hint: it's not government regs)

BULLSHIT!

This is Steve Jobs reason.....

"You're headed for a one-term presidency," he told Obama at the start of their meeting, insisting that the administration needed to be more business-friendly. As an example, Jobs described the ease with which companies can build factories in China compared to the United States, where "regulations and unnecessary costs" make it difficult for them.

Jobs also criticized America's education system, saying it was "crippled by union work rules," noted Isaacson. "Until the teachers' unions were broken, there was almost no hope for education reform."

Just sayin'

BULLSHIT!

"You're headed for a one-term presidency," he told Obama at the start of their meeting, insisting that the administration needed to be more business-friendly. As an example, Jobs described the ease with which companies can build factories in China compared to the United States, where "regulations and unnecessary costs" make it difficult for them.

Jobs also criticized America's education system, saying it was "crippled by union work rules," noted Isaacson. "Until the teachers' unions were broken, there was almost no hope for education reform."

Just sayin'

I'm betting that you didn't even open my link showing why most businesses fail, did you? For someone planning on being a filthy rich guy through entrepreneurship you sure don't want to learn, do you? That's another reason why the odds are against you.

Ok....you've listed the fantasy. Now let's look at the reality.......

The Obama administration will release final plans Tuesday for ending or cutting back hundreds of regulations, an effort to reduce the burden on business and counter criticism that the White House is tone-deaf to business concerns.

White House to Scale Back Regulations on Businesses - WSJ.com

President Barack Obama Tuesday ordered a government-wide review of regulations with the goal of eliminating those that hurt job creation and make the U.S. economy less competitive.

Obama orders review of business regulations - Business - US business - msnbc.com

At one time unions were a useful thing.
They allowed companies to hire better workers by offering more than the government mandated pay scales (gov't over reach). "Benefits" were added to supplement income.

Unions are driving companies out of business and this is driving unemployment rates thru the roof.
They are unsustainable.

Believe me, I acknowledge that they were a necessary thing, but their usefullness is running out.

As for strikes being non violent.... now thats a joke! History will prove that. Just do some research, its not hard to find.

Actually no.

Now that Union membership is at historic lows, Companies have been getting there way on many things. They have been reversing benefits, doing away with pensions, changing overtime rules and shipping work overseas.

BULLSHIT!

Just sayin'

While Steve Jobs was extremely innovative he's hardly a model for how America should be moving forward. He built on tech that was invented in government labs and moved the jobs to China.

Dennis Ritchie should be more of a "computing hero". He's not.

Show one, just one, teacher contract that says bad teachers cannot be fired..

It's not a matter of what the contracts say, it's a matter of how difficult the unions make it to fire anyone. Case in point, this teacher in New York, who was caught fondling a kid. 14 years later, they haven't fired him.

Child Molesting Teacher Can't Be Fired Thanks to Union | Publius Forum

In 1997 a Brooklyn teacher was accused of attempting to molest a sixth-grade girl at PS 138. As it happened, he admitted the behavior, but no criminal charges were filed when all was said and done. Still one would think the fact that he inappropriately fondled a teen should be enough to get him fired from his teaching position. But then again, in New York you can't even fire a child molester if he happens to be a teachers union member.

Thanks to the fact that it is nearly impossible to fire a teacher, this lowlife has been drawing his almost $100,000-a-year salary to do nothing. You heard that right, to do nothing. You see, even as the union agrees that this pedophile isn't fit for a classroom, the union still won't agree to his being fired. So, teacher Roland Pierre sits in a "rubber room" five days a week and does nothing and he's paid $97,101yearly to do so. And that doesn't include benefits.

Swell system.

They've become the group that thinks it's fine to have six guys standing around watching one guy work because he has no seniority.

Untrue hyperbole that has been spread around by morons that say that minimum wages are too high, workers do not need safety rules and that people should be left too die if they do not have adequate health insurance.

I don't know, I see it every day when I pass by a construction site. The construction sites that seem to take weeks to do fairly simple repairs.

You can't keep living off past glories when the rest of the world has changed

Nothing has changed except the people running it. Anyone who thinks that corporations would not try to go back to the days of no overtime, no 40 hour work week, no worker safety, no child labor laws and no benefits needs to have their head examined.

Horsecrap. I work in a non-union shop, and frankly, the safety enforcement is incredible there. Why? Because the cost of an injured employee far outstrips any "savings" by not doing the safe thing.

You see, part of the reason why unions are failing is because the government is doing most of what they used to do.

An employer who wants to have a death-trap full of child labor can just move his factory to a third world country, where they will welcome him with open arms.

Obama is overseeing trickle UP poverty.

I call it "flood the basement" economics. It, too, is an abject failure. Just like everything else he touches.

Immie

No. It's called Economics 101.

You put more money in the hands of the poor and middle class and what happens? They spend most of it on the very products that corporations are selling. Corporate profits go up and they, in turn, hire more employees to keep up with demand.

You put more money in the hands of the wealthy and they simply hold on to it and shelter it from taxes. We have learned the hard way that Trickle Down Ecnomics doesn't work. On that we are the world's saddest authority.

And yet the man you seem to worship has screwed up even that.

Nothing more can be said about it. He's a failure and making things worse.

All his flooding the basement has done is cause more people to slip into poverty.

And by the way, your statement about putting more money into the hands of the poor so that they can spend it on things corporations are selling only puts more money into the hands of the rich so that they can "simply hold on to it and shelter it from taxes". You've accomplished absolutely nothing.

Yet, you all want to give him four more years to screw up more.

Immie

Last edited:

BULLSHIT!

Just sayin'

I'm betting that you didn't even open my link showing why most businesses fail, did you? For someone planning on being a filthy rich guy through entrepreneurship you sure don't want to learn, do you? That's another reason why the odds are against you.

Ok....you've listed the fantasy. Now let's look at the reality.......

The Obama administration will release final plans Tuesday for ending or cutting back hundreds of regulations, an effort to reduce the burden on business and counter criticism that the White House is tone-deaf to business concerns.

President Barack Obama Tuesday ordered a government-wide review of regulations with the goal of eliminating those that hurt job creation and make the U.S. economy less competitive.

Obama orders review of business regulations - Business - US business - msnbc.com

you really are such a sheep;

hows this going so far?

Then you have a big problem with reading comprehension. The ability of the UAW to bargain collectively in the interests of the workers AND the automakers prevented jobs from being sent to Mexico AND adds thousands of new jobs for Americans all while turning a profit for the automakers.

Yep, it sounds like they "destroyed the US Auto industry and laid waste to Detroit" all right. :cuckoo:

and your problem is plain truth.

the uaw had their bargaining done for them 2 years ago when they were saved form chapter 11, they were given stakes in a co. that they had a hand in putting under, so obama could protect a favored voting block while screwing the pension and bond funds.....( not that that stopped his cronys from changing the rule for Solyndra so the private funders will get their money first while the public gets screwed)...

And your problem is not understanding how unions and collective baragaining works and the changes it has undergone to adapt to the changing times.

So what part of, "The ability of the UAW to bargain collectively in the interests of the workers AND the automakers prevented jobs from being sent to Mexico AND adds thousands of new jobs for Americans all while turning a profit for the automakers" do you think is so bad?

If you can't see that that is a win-win situation for the workers, the company, and the economy then your pure hatred on unions simply blind you to the truth.

:lol:there are many co's which file, then emerge and move on to do business beyond a bankruptcy re-org..

BUT, that could not be allowed to happen here becasue the Unions would have not been able to survive based on their past charter and if you cannot acknowledge that fact. my point stands, you are intellectually dishonest, because you are uber partisan ergo reaon is beyond you.

and your problem is plain truth.

the uaw had their bargaining done for them 2 years ago when they were saved form chapter 11, they were given stakes in a co. that they had a hand in putting under, so obama could protect a favored voting block while screwing the pension and bond funds.....( not that that stopped his cronys from changing the rule for Solyndra so the private funders will get their money first while the public gets screwed)...

And your problem is not understanding how unions and collective baragaining works and the changes it has undergone to adapt to the changing times.

So what part of, "The ability of the UAW to bargain collectively in the interests of the workers AND the automakers prevented jobs from being sent to Mexico AND adds thousands of new jobs for Americans all while turning a profit for the automakers" do you think is so bad?

If you can't see that that is a win-win situation for the workers, the company, and the economy then your pure hatred on unions simply blind you to the truth.

:lol:there are many co's which file, then emerge and move on to do business beyond a bankruptcy re-org..

BUT, that could not be allowed to happen here becasue the Unions would have not been able to survive based on their past charter and if you cannot acknowledge that fact. my point stands, you are intellectually dishonest, because you are uber partisan ergo reaon is beyond you.

And MY point stands that you are so blinded by your hatred of unions that you can't see the truth. Either that or you are intellectually disabled.

And MY point stands that you are so blinded by your hatred of unions that you can't see the truth. Either that or you are intellectually disabled.

Or C) Both of the above.

BUT, that could not be allowed to happen here becasue the Unions would have not been able to survive based on their past charter and if you cannot acknowledge that fact. my point stands, you are intellectually dishonest, because you are uber partisan ergo reason is beyond you.

I am in a union bozo. and you don't have a point, the jobs would not have been union jobs ( or perhaps a truncated version) but there would have been jobs. And they already outsource to Mexico china etc. dopey....for god sakes.:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back