Revised Same-sex Marriage/Religion Poll

Do you support state recognized same-sex marriage or not, and are you religious?

• I am against state recognized same-sex marriage and I'm religious.

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • I am against state recognized same-sex marriage and I'm not religious.

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • I support state recognized same-sex marriage and I'm religious.

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • I support state recognized same-sex marriage and I'm not religious.

Votes: 16 43.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I didn't assume to know what you think, I was just asking if you're sure of the root of your beliefs.

I don't have time right now to spend writing the 5 page post this would really require for an answer. Actually, I probably never have that kind of time.

Of course the Bible/Church/Christianity have influenced my beliefs. BUT NOT ON HOMOSEXUALITY. Is this thing on? Can you hear me?

Loud and clear. All I was trying to do, if you read above, was to make you really think about it so that you would sure. And you're sure. Okay. No need to get pissy!

If my beliefs about gays came from the Bible I would be "They're gonna burn for their abominations" but I don't think that way. The Bible is pretty clear it's not acceptable, I accept it.

Wait, didn't you just say that the Bible didn't influence you beliefs on homosexuality?

I'm for them being happy and having civil unions. I just wish they'd leave me alone and stop trying to force cultural changes. I don't think it's a healthy or natural lifestyle, I don't get that from the Bible, I get that from hearing about AIDS and average shorter life spans.

Why would AIDS be any more prevalent among homosexuals than straights? Is it because they're gay, or is it because men, especially homosexual men, especially especially young homosexual men tend to be promiscuous? Seems like promiscuity might be a cause, not homosexuality. Oh, and men, especially young men, don't like to wear condoms. So, not using protection seems like more of the cause. So, sexual practices like promiscuity and unprotected sex increase the risk of contraction of HIV/AIDS. Do those practices have anything to do with being gay? No. Do they have anything to do with being male? No. They have to do with what the individual does to prevent contracting and spreading HIV/AIDS. Should we outlaw Nigerians, Thais, and people from nations with widespread HIV/AIDS epidemics? Are they wrong?

Perhaps the reason they have shorter lifespans if because they can't get married:

Extending Human Life: Progress and Promises | LiveScience

I get that from knowing what are genitals are for, we fit together a certain way for a certain reason.

So is it wrong that people have manual, oral, anal, or any other kind of sex except vaginal intercourse? You prude!

But please, where's the hate I'm supposedly so legendary for that none of this truth of how I actually feel matters?

I don't know. I never said you hated homosexuals. Disliked them, disapproved of them, maybe fear or feel threatened by them, feel they aren't equal in the eyes of the creator, but not hate.

Last edited:
Good point!:eusa_eh:

They didn't have a box on the voting forms where one was supposed to check if they were religious or not. And if they did, which they didn't, I didn't get the results from the election board. Hence the purpose of this poll.

Take a look at the demographics in California, that should give you a clue. :lol:

C'mon, Newby, you can do better than that!

:confused: It's really not that difficult of a concept. It was voted down, I guess you think that the only ones who voted were right wing Chrisitans... in California... :lol:

Take a look at the demographics in California, that should give you a clue. :lol:

:confused: It's really not that difficult of a concept. It was voted down, I guess you think that the only ones who voted were right wing Chrisitans... in California... :lol:

Well, I'm sure there was an accurate sampling of all the people represented in California who voted. But, I don't think its certain what their reasons for voting were.

No.......there was also a lot of right wing nutjobs from other states that traveled to CA to campaign for the other right wing nutjobs.

Newby.......you're a prick.

Well, I'm sure there was an accurate sampling of all the people represented in California who voted. But, I don't think its certain what their reasons for voting were.

Do you think the majority of those that voted were right wing Christians? If not, the reason behind the vote was not religious.

Yes it was Newt Beast.......the christian rabid right was foaming at the mouth because they didn't want to see gay marriage legalized.

Nope.......fail. Try again.

I didn't assume to know what you think, I was just asking if you're sure of the root of your beliefs.

I don't have time right now to spend writing the 5 page post this would really require for an answer. Actually, I probably never have that kind of time.

Of course the Bible/Church/Christianity have influenced my beliefs. BUT NOT ON HOMOSEXUALITY. Is this thing on? Can you hear me?

Loud and clear. All I was trying to do, if you read above, was to make you really think about it so that you would sure. And you're sure. Okay. No need to get pissy!

No need to ask me the same thing over and over. I don't typically write longwinded posts or go back and edit my posts. I'm pretty clear on what I say and I say what I mean the first time.

Wait, didn't you just say that the Bible didn't influence you beliefs on homosexuality?

I hate all this multi-quote BS. Half of what was there is gone now and I'm in quote box hell. But if you go back and read what I said again you'll see I said the Bible is clearly against it (homosexuality) and I accept it (homosexuality). The Bible being against it (homosexuality) has nothing to do with me accepting it (homosexuality).

Why would AIDS be any more prevalent among homosexuals than straights? Is it because they're gay, or is it because men, especially homosexual men, especially especially young homosexual men tend to be promiscuous? Seems like promiscuity might be a cause, not homosexuality. Oh, and men, especially young men, don't like to wear condoms. So, not using protection seems like more of the cause. So, sexual practices like promiscuity and unprotected sex increase the risk of contraction of HIV/AIDS. Do those practices have anything to do with being gay? No. Do they have anything to do with being male? No. They have to do with what the individual does to prevent contracting and spreading HIV/AIDS. Should we outlaw Nigerians, Thais, and people from nations with widespread HIV/AIDS epidemics? Are they wrong?

It's pretty common knowledge that AIDS tore through the gay community in the 80's. They sought to make it a disease that affected everyone, to help funding I guess.

Perhaps the reason they have shorter lifespans if because they can't get married:

Extending Human Life: Progress and Promises | LiveScience

Whatever. I've already said many multiple times that I'm in favor of civil unions for all.

So is it wrong that people have manual, oral, anal, or any other kind of sex except vaginal intercourse? You prude!
I thought Bill Clinton already straightened this out. Only sex is sex, remember?

I don't know. I never said you hated homosexuals. Disliked them, disapproved of them, maybe fear or feel threatened by them, feel they aren't equal in the eyes of the creator, but not hate.

Epic Fail.

Ok, I'm done. If/when you come back to earth maybe I'll resume, but not now, this is pointless.

It's pretty common knowledge that AIDS tore through the gay community in the 80's. They sought to make it a disease that affected everyone, to help funding I guess.

Ouch!

If I didn't think I knew what you meant, then I would think that what you meant was that gays sought to infect everyone so that they could get funding for AIDS research.

Please tell me that was not what you meant! :D

Immie

Yes it was Newt Beast.......the christian rabid right was foaming at the mouth because they didn't want to see gay marriage legalized.

Nope.......fail. Try again.

Let's see your proof. You're telling me that all the active libs in California let the fundies beat them? In a totally 'blue' state? Okay... :lol:

Again, with all the libs out there 'foaming at the mouth to have gay marriage legalized', I find it hard to believe that the left, in all of it's protesting history (I mean look at the Obama followers and the crowds) couldn't come up with enough people to vote on it. Where were all the gay marriage supporters?? Such a shame they couldn't take the time to help those poor gay folks out and turn up at the polls to vote. :lol:

And how many Mormans showed up? Why don't you educate me and provide a link? I'll take a look at it.

Ouch!

If I didn't think I knew what you meant, then I would think that what you meant was that gays sought to infect everyone so that they could get funding for AIDS research.

Please tell me that was not what you meant! :D

Immie

Sorry, I was in a hurry. I think you got my actual meaning. It was a PR job. Yes, there were a few vindictive gays that sought to infect others, but I don't put that on the gay community at large.

Hey.......I've heard of vindictive women that cruised bars and infected people as well......

It's not just the gay community that did that.......there are lots of heteros doing the same thing. How else do you explain the rapid rise in hetero infections?

I don't believe in shame-sex marriage. Shame-sex marriage advocates should be ashamed for advocating shame-sex. Shame-sex is something that shame-sex people do when they get into prison or want shame-sex or like the risk of getting HIV by having shame-sex.

You're a Nasty Gust.........you are almost as big of an asshole as Chucked Ass.

Go pump your neighbor's dog ya penis puffer.

ABikerSailor, do you rape dogs for a living? ABikerSailor, are you a serial dog rapist? First Michael Vick = brought the violent world of dog fighting. Now ABikerSailor = brought the violent sexual tendency of dog humping. Hopefully they'll have a show on MSNBC "To Catch a Dog Rapist."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back