Reviews in: Conservatives Say The DNC Was 'Disaster' For The GOP

BlackAsCoal

Gold Member
Oct 13, 2008
The Reviews Are In: Conservatives Say The DNC Was 'Disaster' For The GOP

Conservative writer Ron Fournier:

Well done, @realDonaldTrump. You made Democrats a party of sunny patriotism and values.

You sure @billclinton didn't ask you to run?

— Ron Fournier (@ron_fournier) July 29, 2016

National Review editor Jonah Goldberg:

Why this convention is better: It's about loving America. GOP convention was about loving Trump. If you didn't love Trump, it offered nada.

— Jonah Goldberg (@JonahNRO) July 29, 2016

John Podhoretz, former Ronald Reagan speech writer and Commentary editor:

Take about five paragraphs out of that Obama speech and it could have been a Reagan speech. Trust me. I know.

— John Podhoretz (@jpodhoretz) July 28, 2016

Fox News host Greg Gutfeld:

if repubs had championed their principles with specifics rather than embrace autocracy - they wouldn't have yielded this turf to dems.

— GregGutfeld (@greggutfeld) July 29, 2016

Conservative blogger Erick Erickson:

For Republicans who are not social conservatives, I have to imagine last night and tonight at the DNC are having an impact on them.

— Erick Erickson (@EWErickson) July 29, 2016

Conservative Iowa radio host Steve Deace:

So most of conservative media and the GOP spent the week rooting for Russia, and now the Democrats get to rally around the flag.

Dreadful.

— Steve Deace (@SteveDeaceShow) July 29, 2016

Conservative Wisconsin radio host Charlie Sykes:

Snark aside: GOP needs to understand what is happening to them tonight…

— Charlie Sykes (@SykesCharlie) July 29, 2016

Do you know how old I am? Old enough to remember when speeches like this would've been given at GOP convention… Not Dem one. Brutal.

more at link :0)

Well done, @realDonaldTrump. You made Democrats a party of sunny patriotism and values.

Why this convention is better: It's about loving America. GOP convention was about loving Trump. If you didn't love Trump, it offered nada.

Take about five paragraphs out of that Obama speech and it could have been a Reagan speech. Trust me. I know.

if repubs had championed their principles with specifics rather than embrace autocracy - they wouldn't have yielded this turf to dems.

For Republicans who are not social conservatives, I have to imagine last night and tonight at the DNC are having an impact on them.

So most of conservative media and the GOP spent the week rooting for Russia, and now the Democrats get to rally around the flag.

Dreadful.

Do you know how old I am? Old enough to remember when speeches like this would've been given at GOP convention… Not Dem one. Brutal.

The party of stupid at it again.....

Dreadful.

Which is exactly what these conservative writers are saying.

thanks Bozo. :0)

Blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah Trump is evil...blah blah blah Trump is evil...blah blah blah blah...Trump is evil...

My favotite part was the moment of silence for the fallen police officers thst the shouts of black lives matter,
Rerun that a couple of thousand times.

Dreadful.

Which is exactly what these conservative writers are saying.

thanks Bozo. :0)
They are the reason why the GOP is considered as such.

The DNC was a national embarrassment that caused almost half the delegates to leave. The RNC just wasn't as good as some had hoped.

Whoever voted for t3h Donald must feel really foolish rightnow

Sent from my VS415PP using Tapatalk

Trump voters aren't smart enough to realize how stupid they are.

I'm watching Trump's speech in Colorado. It's all "me me me me me". No policy, no facts, just anecdotes and blather. I did this and I did that. Wolfe Blitzer just cut away saying "We'll get to him when he gets to more substance". Like that is going to happen.

Dreadful.

You are black, so I understand that you understand very little. I also pretty much understand that you cannot help it.

I empathize.

Maybe if you did not have that obvious learning disability, you would know how well the democrats have been using YOU PEOPLE.

Let me axe you a question. Has there ever been a Republican slave owner? Not that you care.

Read my signature. Get a clue.

I'm watching Trump's speech in Colorado. It's all "me me me me me". No policy, no facts, just anecdotes and blather. I did this and I did that. Wolfe Blitzer just cut away saying "We'll get to him when he gets to more substance". Like that is going to happen.
Policy will come with the debates. Until then it's about elevating yourself and broad brushing your opponent.

Dreadful.

Thank you. I was just reading that on Huffington Post. Sounds great.

You betcha BlackAsCoal those Russian War ships in the background at the DNC convention were as about as patriotic as it gets (sarcasm intended). Those Bernie supporters were happy as could be about the DNC fascist moves too!

Yep, Hillary has this no problem. You guys should probably reroute all that money to Congressional races.

The mythical Obamabots have nothing on the Trump cult of personality. It's a shame we are finally far enough away from WWII that this kind of fascistic politics can finally gain a toehold in America. Americans used to be horrified by such dark-side politics.

Trump voters wanted a protest candidate, so they are smart for picking Trump. Hillary voters don't even know why they are voting for her, they are kind of dumb.

I wasn't a backer of Trump during the primaries and so my support of him now isn't all that strong. Last week's convention didn't boost that thin support while this week's convention in Philly did shave my support of Trump even thinner. The line that hit home with me last night was, "Imagine him in the Oval Office facing a real crisis. A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons."
"Rockin' Robin" Trump needs to stay off Jay Bird Street and knock off the tweet-tweet-tweet.

The mythical Obamabots have nothing on the Trump cult of personality. It's a shame we are finally far enough away from WWII that this kind of fascistic politics can finally gain a toehold in America. Americans used to be horrified by such dark-side politics.
You don't have clue what "fascism" is.

I wasn't a backer of Trump during the primaries and so my support of him now isn't all that strong. Last week's convention didn't boost that thin support while this week's convention in Philly did shave my support of Trump even thinner. The line that hit home with me last night was, "Imagine him in the Oval Office facing a real crisis. A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons. "Rockin' Robin" Trump needs to stay off Jay Bird Street and knock off the tweet-tweet-tweet.
Your 2 cents is about as worthless as tits on a boar hog.

Forum List

Back