Reversing America's Decline

The message has been clear for some time now.
If America is in decline there are still oodles of money to be made in in this country and some are determined to get those oodles. When one has oodles who cares what happens to America, there are plenty of places in this world where, with the oodles, one can live the good life. That message has been played loud and clear in some stratas.

Specifically, where and how do y'all see America as "declining," other than the OP's suggestion that the white, Anglo-Protestant, Judeo-Christian's loss of power and control constitutes decline?

Specifically, where and how do y'all see America as "declining," other than the OP's suggestion that the white, Anglo-Protestant, Judeo-Christian's loss of power and control constitutes decline?

We're declining as a destination for foreign investment. We're declining as a dynamic economy. We're declining as a military power. We're declining as an influence in world politics. We're declining as a dynamic society where people work hard and get ahead into the middle and upper middle classes.

I can't speak for anyone else.

My state is on the verge of bankruptcy, if it were a business, it would have been put out of our misery a long while ago.

The federal government is following the path of my state.

Under both, we are getting 'more' stuff, much lower quality. What we need of high quality-such as border security, bridges, roads, and other infrastructure, we're not getting and unlikely with the rising costs of borrowing-at least at state level because of several credit downgrades.

My state is on the verge of bankruptcy, if it were a business, it would have been put out of our misery a long while ago.

Under both, we are getting 'more' stuff, much lower quality. What we need of high quality-such as border security, bridges, roads, and other infrastructure, we're not getting and unlikely with the rising costs of borrowing-at least at state level because of several credit downgrades.

Some parts of the government should be changed, via amendments if necessary, to give the political winning side some leeway to put into practice some of their campaign promises. As it is Obama quickly ran into gridlock with Republicans attempting to make the Democratic party fail even if it meant the nation had to fail. That has become the usual scenario in American elections.
When FDR took office in 1932, the nation was scared to death and the congress gave FDR many powers it would not have given in regular times. FDR used that power and the nation dumped the fear and started trying to recover. Some of the legislation that was passed early in FDR's terms are still in effect. Obama never got the opportunity as the Republican party used its limited power to make the nation fail and therefore Obama fail. Perhaps every incoming administration should get a 100 day period?

the only way america can reverse its decline is get a third party presidnent in officw who will serve the people instead of wall street and the zionists and who believes in the constitution.the only problem is they pay the price for it when they do as Kennedy who was outr last real president not a puppet for the establishment found out.

Good God man... give us a little spellcheck and some punctuation.

How much dope did you do in 'Nam? Do you read the paper?

the only way america can reverse its decline is get a third party presidnent in officw who will serve the people instead of wall street and the zionists and who believes in the constitution.the only problem is they pay the price for it when they do as Kennedy who was outr last real president not a puppet for the establishment found out.

So far only lunatics have been third party contenders. However, IF republicans follow democrat instructions and run a candidate that democrats like, it might split the democrat vote enough to allow a decent third party candidate to get elected.

why would you say Gary Johnson is a lunatic?

Mostly white male America is pissed, and tough luck for us. If we had the majority of the electorate as we did before 1970, none of this would be happening.

Guess what, buckos?

We are off into the future and not going back.

I wouldn't be considered a conservative, and I take American decline as a given. The only question is how far the decline will ultimately be. If a lower standard of living simply means we have fewer toys, that's one thing. But if our culture continues to decay and dissolve at its current pace, that could be another.

Whow, the liberals keep proving the Pravda article correct. Attack and personal insult nothing new here.

America had a chance to change the course of America and by hook or by crook we stayed on the Titanic to rearrange the deck chairs.

Conservatives and Pravda. Fucking funniest shit ever.

Huffington Post? NO! Russian Newspaper associated with the Communist Party? YES!

Try and crawl out of the box. Pravda is an indication of what the Russians are thinking, that is all. Besides what I read what they posted is true. The reset button is being jammed up someones behind. Hopefully Obama considering he is more flexible now.

We're declining as a destination for foreign investment. We're declining as a dynamic economy. We're declining as a military power. We're declining as an influence in world politics. We're declining as a dynamic society where people work hard and get ahead into the middle and upper middle classes.

What real, hard evidence do you have to back that up?

And please note that none of that is brand new. We've been there before and the Republic survived. Not only survived, but prospered. Why won't we this time?

How does that equate to a declining America?

Where in the hell have you been for the last 4 or more years?

5 trillion of debt on our children.

an over 8 percent unemployment rate for 4 years.

Credit rating dropped

more people on food stamps then ever.

47 percent of the population do not make enough money to pay federal income tax.

those are just some but should be more then enough to convince anyone who wishes to learn.

Why is it that these dunderheads never seem to know that we have FOUR open borders and that most illegals do not come through the southern one. Nor are most illegals Hispanic. It has always been thus but even more so now that Obama has cracked down on our southern border.

And, why is he whining about the 60s? Probably because he never got invited to any cool concerts.

Seriously, this is one of the dumbest of the always dumb whines from the right. It doesn't even make sense - not even to a screwy rw.

How much dope did you do in 'Nam?

A lot, and not only in Vietnam. How about you?

Do you read the paper?

Every day. Several of them. From all over the globe. How about you?

In any case, your snarky remarks aren't a response. They're just snarky remarks. One has to presume they're a cover for having no answer...right?

I wouldn't be considered a conservative, and I take American decline as a given. The only question is how far the decline will ultimately be. If a lower standard of living simply means we have fewer toys, that's one thing. But if our culture continues to decay and dissolve at its current pace, that could be another.

Define "decline," please.

How does that equate to a declining America?

What people see and fear is the Decline of the British Empire.

England was not taken over by the Germans. They just did not have the financial status to withstand winning two world wars.

That is why the economic stuff worries many so greatly.

I see parallels to the end of the Western Roman Empire as well but that came apart dramatically in the end, and I believe we are more headed towards England's "fate".

OH! But I disagree with the why and all that. I love immigrants and Mexicans on the whole. Bring them in and shoot the failure to launch generation out!

Forum List

Back