Revenues are down down dow

AntonToo

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2016
June revenue numbers are out and it ain't looking pretty for our fiscal situation.

Free lunch tax-cut theorists need to pay attention here.

Compared to same period in FY2017:

Oct 18 + $14B
Nov 18 + $8B
Dec 18 + $7B
Jan 18 + $17B

<<<<<TAX-CUTS PHASED IN
Feb 18 - $16B
March 18 - $6B
May 18 - $23B
June 18 - $32B

So without counting April when 2017 taxes were settled, instead of 11 billion average monthly revenue growth there is 19 billion shortfall.

Total effect is 30 billion monthly revenue reduction trend so far since tax-cuts went into effect. :smoke:

Monthly Treasury Statement

Last edited:
We had eight years of fiscal stagnation under Obama and the National Debit went up and we got nothing for it but the left didn't complain. Today hypocrite lefties enjoy record employment and a DOW that approaches record territory weekly and their 401k's are making money instead of losing but they still find statistics to whine about.

June revenue numbers are out and it ain't looking pretty for our fiscal situation.

Oct 18 + $14B
Nov 18 + $8B
Dec 18 + $7B
Jan 18 + $17B

<<<<<TAX-CUTS PHASED IN
Feb 18 - $16B
March 18 - $6B
May 18 - $23B
June 18 - $32B

So without counting April when 2017 taxes were settled, instead of 11 billion average monthly revenue growth there is 19 billion shortfall.

Total effect is 30 billion monthly revenue reduction trend so far since tax-cuts went into effect. :smoke:

Anyone else tired of the greedy drama queen?

United States Government Revenues | 1980-2018 | Data | Chart | Calendar

Oct 18 + $14B
Nov 18 + $8B
Dec 18 + $7B
Jan 18 + $17B

<<<<<TAX-CUTS PHASED IN
Feb 18 - $16B
March 18 - $6B
May 18 - $23B
June 18 - $32B

And there you have it - from wearing tea bags on their heads to now calling national debt concerns "greedy"

We had eight years of fiscal stagnation under Obama and the National Debit went up and we got nothing for it but the left didn't complain.

Obama spent on stimulating economy in deep recession and big unemployment.

Instead of now handling our long term fiscal problems, Trump is now blowing a hole in the budget to stimulate what has become over last 7 years a solid economy with full employment.

One of those does not make any sense.

Oct 18 + $14B
Nov 18 + $8B
Dec 18 + $7B
Jan 18 + $17B

<<<<<TAX-CUTS PHASED IN
Feb 18 - $16B
March 18 - $6B
May 18 - $23B
June 18 - $32B

And there you have it - from wearing tea bags on their heads to now calling national debt concerns "greedy"
F you and your bullshit concerns. You didn't give a fuck for years and now you are concerned? Bullshit. You are a lying hypocrite.

Oct 18 + $14B
Nov 18 + $8B
Dec 18 + $7B
Jan 18 + $17B

<<<<<TAX-CUTS PHASED IN
Feb 18 - $16B
March 18 - $6B
May 18 - $23B
June 18 - $32B

F you and your bullshit concerns. You didn't give a fuck for years and now you are concerned? Bullshit. You are a lying hypocrite.

Stop pulling shit out of your ass - deficits have always been a concern in my posting and I dare you to quote me EVER saying otherwise.

Oct 18 + $14B
Nov 18 + $8B
Dec 18 + $7B
Jan 18 + $17B

<<<<<TAX-CUTS PHASED IN
Feb 18 - $16B
March 18 - $6B
May 18 - $23B
June 18 - $32B

Stop pulling shit out of your ass - deficits have always been a concern in my posting and I dare you to quote me EVER saying otherwise.
Should have said the party you voted for. I could go through all the posts, but I will take your word for it.

I'm doing much better under Trump than I ever did under Obama.
That's what I look at, what affects me.
Carry on

Lol, because you got a few dollars from tax-cut last few months? :rolleyes:

Who do you think will be paying for the debts tax-cut you pocket today causes? Magic fairies?

Oct 18 + $14B
Nov 18 + $8B
Dec 18 + $7B
Jan 18 + $17B

<<<<<TAX-CUTS PHASED IN
Feb 18 - $16B
March 18 - $6B
May 18 - $23B
June 18 - $32B

Should have said the party you voted for. I could go through all the posts, but I will take your word for it.
Carry on

Who do you think will be paying for the debts tax-cut you pocket today causes? Magic fairies?
Lol, has nothing to do with the tax cuts. I didn't even mention tax cuts.
I just need to look at my portfolio and smile.
Doing much better thanks to Trump.

We had eight years of fiscal stagnation under Obama and the National Debit went up and we got nothing for it but the left didn't complain. Today hypocrite lefties enjoy record employment and a DOW that approaches record territory weekly and their 401k's are making money instead of losing but they still find statistics to whine about.
At least 7 trillion of of Obama's was to avert another goddamn GOP World depression and to assist the victims..
Great job! He had seven and a half years of straight growth at about the same rate as now, super duper...

Carry on

Lol, has nothing to do with the tax cuts. I didn't even mention tax cuts.
I just need to look at my portfolio and smile.
Doing much better thanks to Trump.
They tend to jump to silly conclusions. Weird people. Their minds are not their own.

At least 7 trillion of of Obama's was to avert another goddamn GOP World depression and to assist the victims..
Great job! He had seven and a half years of straight growth at about the same rate as now, super duper...
Yup, with the help of the Federal Reserve infusing trillions into the economy. He couldn't have done it with his policies.

Oct 18 + $14B
Nov 18 + $8B
Dec 18 + $7B
Jan 18 + $17B

<<<<<TAX-CUTS PHASED IN
Feb 18 - $16B
March 18 - $6B
May 18 - $23B
June 18 - $32B

Dood, WTF you left out Apr 18, no surprise though April had a surplus. I'm also not surprised you're comparing Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan to a Feb, Mar, May and June. A better comparison would be comparing Feb thru June of 2016 against Feb thru June of 2018. You can do that, but I'm pretty sure you won't post those numbers.

We had eight years of fiscal stagnation under Obama and the National Debit went up and we got nothing for it but the left didn't complain.

Obama spent on stimulating economy in deep recession and big unemployment.

Instead of now handling our long term fiscal problems, Trump is now blowing a hole in the budget to stimulate what has become over last 7 years a solid economy with full employment.

One of those does not make any sense.
Monthly Budget Review for April 2018 | Congressional Budget Office
Total Receipts: Up by 4 Percent in the First Seven Months of Fiscal Year 2018
Receipts for the first seven months of fiscal year 2018 totaled $2,012 billion, CBO estimates—$83 billion more than the amount during the same period last year.

Receipts collected in April were $30 billion to $40 billion larger than CBO expected when it prepared the estimates reported in The Budget and Economic Outlook: 2018 to 2028, which it issued on April 9. The bulk of that difference stems from larger-than-anticipated payments of individual income taxes.Those payments were mostly related to economic activity in 2017 and may reflect stronger-than-expected income growth in that year. Part of the strength in receipts also may reflect larger-than-anticipated payments for economic activity in 2018. The reasons for the added revenues will be better understood as more detailed information becomes available later this year.

Growing Economy = More Revenue

Forum List

Back