Rev. Wright revisited? Bring it on

The bona fides the LDS are fine is that you hate them. True story.

Yeah, Cults that are racist, homophobic, misogynist and were started by con-artists trying to screw little girls are totally bona-fide with you, man.

Can't see why a normal person would hate them at all.

So if it's all so Bona-Fide, why does Romney avoid any discussion about Mormon beliefs or Scriptures?

You've been watching too much HBO.

Saying an LDS is the same as a Mormon cult member who takes on more than one wife is like saying that a Baptist is exactly the same as a Catholic......or a Muslim.

Let's ask these ex-mormons:

Why We Left - Personal Accounts of Leaving Mormonism

Makes for some interesting reading.

You've been watching too much HBO.

Saying an LDS is the same as a Mormon cult member who takes on more than one wife is like saying that a Baptist is exactly the same as a Catholic......or a Muslim.

The Mainstream LDS was still doing the Polygamy thing all the way up until the beginning of the last century, including some of Mitt's Relatives.

Now, of all my objections to Mormonism, Polygamy isn't my biggest one. As long as everyone involved is a consenting adult, I don't have an issue with it.

I have a big problem with the fact that Joseph Smith was a liar and Brigham Young was a crazy person. And these are the founders of Modern Mormonism.

I have a real problem with the misogyny, the racism, and the homophobia that is written into the DNA of the faith.

That said, if Romney were to quit Mormonism tomorrow, he'd still be a two-faced, pandering weasel with slimy business practices, a sense of entitlement and no empathy for working people.

In his day Jesus was branded a liar and crazy for his new ideas.

I think the problem you have is with other people's beliefs.

An avid Christian cannot condone homosexuality. One of the knocks against Mitt is he doesn't go around saying that Gays should burn in Hell.

You don't like Mitt because the media doesn't like him and you have listened to their lies and taken them to heart.

One thing you need to face up to.......Christians are human and the Devil works on them just as much as non-Christians. We are all sinners. Anyone who says they aren't is a liar.

Why would you mention Mitt as a "Christian"?

In his day Jesus was branded a liar and crazy for his new ideas.

Actually, Jesus probably never existed. It's just unfortunate that when the Christian cult decided it needed a backstory to give it legitimacy, it picked Judaism.

I think the problem you have is with other people's beliefs.

I have a problem when bronze age superstition becomes a substitute for logic and reason, yes. Why don't you?

An avid Christian cannot condone homosexuality. One of the knocks against Mitt is he doesn't go around saying that Gays should burn in Hell.

I think that's an interpretation of the bible, not the only interpretation. The bible also says the world is flat and we should stone women who aren't virgins on their wedding nights, but we don't do that stuff anymore, either.

You don't like Mitt because the media doesn't like him and you have listened to their lies and taken them to heart.

Actually, I've disliked Mitt Romney since 2007. Probably not too soon after seeing him in action, when most of the press was ignoring him.

One thing you need to face up to.......Christians are human and the Devil works on them just as much as non-Christians. We are all sinners. Anyone who says they aren't is a liar.

There is no Devil. Or God. Let's pretend there is for a moment, though. What kind of dick was God for creating the Devil to start with?

The problem I have with the Christian God is that he's arbitrary and cruel. He makes someone gay and then burns him for all eternity for acting on it? He lets someone be born in Japan, and then burns her in hell for all eternity for being a Bhuddist instead of a Christian?

Seriously, having read the bible, I see a God who murders children out of petty impulses. Kills everyone in the flood, sends bears to maul 42 children who made fun of a prophet, kills David's baby to show him stealing another man's wife is wrong.

The only people Satan kills in the entire bible are the children of Job, on a bet with God.

JoeBlow just being a hateful, insecure atheist dim-wit again; what a surprise.

It seems Swallow never takes a break from being a mindless, hyper-partisan hack (among other things...)

The challenge is out there Jake. Simple enough.
Then report to the judge that you have lost. Every time that JoeB whales on Mormonism, your side loses.
Joe isn't a candidate..Jake. And this ain't Chinatown.

Candidate doesn't mean anything. He's arguing for the candidate and that is enough. And this ain't Chinatown. You ain't got a chance.

Oh, stfu with the theocracy crap. You don't create the rules, hun.

Edit from http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/224427-the-wolves-are-coming-home-to-bark-2.html where sallow attacks Mormonism. #52. Don't be a hypocrite then cry when you get caught out and stomped.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back