Rev. Wright Praises Magazine’s ‘No Nonsense Marxism’

:wtf: I went to the same Church for almost 20 years. It's a Baptist Church. I was very close with my pastor too, but I never let 'his' personal belief, or views change my own, or shape my own either. My pastor never had any 'hold' over my own thoughts, or my personal beliefs on many different issues and levels. I've been a supporter for gay righs since the 70's. I have always been an advocate womens rights... Pro-choice.
Why would you continue to attend a church that is so different from your personal beliefs?

Cause Michelle told you to.

Seriously, there are only a limited nnumber of possible answers.

1. They are not different from Obama's beliefs.
2. They are different, but not objectionable to Obama.
3. Obama has no strongly held beliefs.
4. It was a means to a political end.

:wtf: I went to the same Church for almost 20 years. It's a Baptist Church. I was very close with my pastor too, but I never let 'his' personal belief, or views change my own, or shape my own either. My pastor never had any 'hold' over my own thoughts, or my personal beliefs on many different issues and levels. I've been a supporter for gay righs since the 70's. I have always been an advocate womens rights... Pro-choice.
Why do people automatically 'believe' every Church, rev, or pastor brainwashes people into thinking the exact same way they do? Not everyone who goes to Church lives, breaths, or thinks the same way their rev or pastor does. Many folks actually have a mind of their own.
You're missing the point. Your pastor didn't preach hate against other races, or his own country. It's widely known what Rev Wright's radical views are. For Obama not to disassociate himself with Rev Wright after 20 years of that radical hate speech, shows at some level Obama is in agreement with him, or influenced by what he's heard.

The day my pastor started preaching hate against races, or hate in general, is the same day he stops being my pastor!

If you don't agree with what's being preached, why continue to listen?

20 years in this loon's "Church" explains so much about Hopey Changey. "GOD DAMN AMERICA!!!" Yikes!

Why do people automatically 'believe' every Church, rev, or pastor brainwashes people into thinking the exact same way they do? Not everyone who goes to Church lives, breaths, or thinks the same way their rev or pastor does. Many folks actually have a mind of their own.

except in this case he did. obamalama said so, wrote so in his books. get a clue. i bet you voted for hymn too clueless and blind.

Where does Obama say, in any of his books, that Wright made all his decisions, or made Obama believe any 1 thing the exact same way he does? Do you have a link because I don't remember reading anything like that.

Obama did say that Wright was his good friend & "mentor". That means he looked up to the man! He sat in that church for 20 years because he believed the same thing that Wright was preaching. Obama never said he didn't believe what he preached, he lied when he said he never heard sermons like that. Nobody is stupid enough to believe he sits in the same church all that time listening to all the hate & racism and he's not affected by it.

Take your time. I know how hard it came be looking up positive proof on UTube. :cuckoo:

so? you didn't do your homework before you voted? Exactly as I thought. Oh and ya know what? he didn't know bill airs either. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I asked::Where in Obama's books did he write anything that says, "Rev Wright made ALL my decisions for me and never let me have a mind of my own?" I didn't get an answer {not surprised} because it's not in there. Wright may be extreme on many issues, but that doesn't mean he 'influenced' Obama in every way, shape, or form.
I did plenty of homework before I voted. Plus, after 8 years of BushCO I wasn't about to vote for republican. Yickes! President Obama is our President until 2012. so you may as well start getting use to the idea now rather than later.
Wing-nuts will be wing-nuts though..:cuckoo:

Why would you continue to attend a church that is so different from your personal beliefs?

Because I liked the Pastor and I still do. I also knew everyone there and I didn't disagree with him 100% on every single issue either. My Mother still goes to the same Church even though there is a different pastor there now. She too believes in a womans right of choice and she also believes in gay rights as well. Something the Church and Pastor don't believe in at all. She still considers herself to be a conservative-republican. So, you see, people can still go to Church and have a mind of their own at the same time. Why do you think Churches and pastors are made to brainwash people? :eusa_eh:

You're missing the point. Your pastor didn't preach hate against other races, or his own country. It's widely known what Rev Wright's radical views are. For Obama not to disassociate himself with Rev Wright after 20 years of that radical hate speech, shows at some level Obama is in agreement with him, or influenced by what he's heard.

The day my pastor started preaching hate against races, or hate in general, is the same day he stops being my pastor!

I don't believe Obama hates America at all, or any other race of people either. Inspite of what you and some others seem to have 'made' yourselves believe he's shown he is opened to all races. Not just blacks. Trying to keep playing the race card doesn't work and it never has.

I'm going to sue someone. I waited and waited and waited to be outraged.

Nothing.

Just a man who appeared to me to be perfectly reasonable. A man who was making some reasonable observations.

I suppose my outrage might come later.

and some are smart enough to know when to get the hell out instead of sitting there listening to a maniac puke his vomit all over the congregation.

No no... he's not a radical... :rolleyes:

What Wright says in this snippet is not radical at all. It makes perfect sense. It would be excellent advice for any parent to pass along to their child...learn to look at things from all angles and perspectives, but always put God and his creation, people first...

The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.
Friedrich Nietzsche

except in this case he did. obamalama said so, wrote so in his books. get a clue. i bet you voted for hymn too clueless and blind.

Where does Obama say, in any of his books, that Wright made all his decisions, or made Obama believe any 1 thing the exact same way he does? Do you have a link because I don't remember reading anything like that.

I just thought I would give you a few quotes from President Obama's books Cindy, and you know while I don't believe that Rev. Wright formed all of President Obama's opinions for him he is one person in a whole host of others that President Obama has known that have helped formulate some of his beliefs, perhaps this is why the President found himself to be a member of the church for 20 years until such time as he ran for president? I didn't see where he found a need when he ran for Senator to part ways from the church, perhaps this was because his relationships were not exposed on a national level?

"It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names."- Dreams from My Father

"I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa, that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, Dubois and Mandela."-Dreams from my Father

"Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." The Audacity of Hope

"To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully," "The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists."

I can no more disown him than I can disown the black community. I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother — a woman who helped raise me, a woman who sacrificed again and again for me, a woman who loves me as much as she loves anything in this world, but a woman who once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe.
Barack Obama
Regarding inflammatory racial remarks of his Pastor, Rev. Jeremiah White, speech on race, March 18, 2008.

and yet. later on in the campaign.....

I’ve known Reverend Wright for almost twenty years. The person I saw yesterday was not the person that I met twenty years ago. His comments were not only divisive and destructive, but I believe that they end up giving comfort to those who prey on hate and I believe that they do not portray accurately the perspective of the black church. They certainly don’t portray accurately my values and beliefs and if Reverend Wright thinks that's political posturing, as he put it, then he doesn't know me very well and based on his remarks yesterday, well I may not know him as well as I thought either.
Barack Obama
At press conference following Reverend Jeremiah Wright's speech at Press Club event, April 29, 2008.

So you see Cindy, even though the value system has not changed it depends on the need at the time. President Obama was influenced by Rev. Wrights church and went on at lenght about it in his book Dreams, so to dismiss this out of hand is to deny all the the things that make up the president.

I just thought I would give you a few quotes from President Obama's books Cindy, and you know while I don't believe that Rev. Wright formed all of President Obama's opinions for him he is one person in a whole host of others that President Obama has known that have helped formulate some of his beliefs, perhaps this is why the President found himself to be a member of the church for 20 years until such time as he ran for president? I didn't see where he found a need when he ran for Senator to part ways from the church, perhaps this was because his relationships were not exposed on a national level?

"It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names."- Dreams from My Father

"I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa, that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, Dubois and Mandela."-Dreams from my Father

"Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." The Audacity of Hope

"To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully," "The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists."

I can no more disown him than I can disown the black community. I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother — a woman who helped raise me, a woman who sacrificed again and again for me, a woman who loves me as much as she loves anything in this world, but a woman who once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe.
Barack Obama
Regarding inflammatory racial remarks of his Pastor, Rev. Jeremiah White, speech on race, March 18, 2008.

and yet. later on in the campaign.....

I’ve known Reverend Wright for almost twenty years. The person I saw yesterday was not the person that I met twenty years ago. His comments were not only divisive and destructive, but I believe that they end up giving comfort to those who prey on hate and I believe that they do not portray accurately the perspective of the black church. They certainly don’t portray accurately my values and beliefs and if Reverend Wright thinks that's political posturing, as he put it, then he doesn't know me very well and based on his remarks yesterday, well I may not know him as well as I thought either.
Barack Obama
At press conference following Reverend Jeremiah Wright's speech at Press Club event, April 29, 2008.

So you see Cindy, even though the value system has not changed it depends on the need at the time. President Obama was influenced by Rev. Wrights church and went on at lenght about it in his book Dreams, so to dismiss this out of hand is to deny all the the things that make up the president.

Navy...this board is infested with right wing ignorance, but I considered you an intelligent conservative...

But this is right wing ignorance...McCarthyism...

Barack Obama's diverse background, education and experiences have enhanced, not diminished his abilities...

To be taught ONE way, ONE set of beliefs and ONE way of seeing the world is not knowledge...it's conformity, indoctrination and dogma...

Equality, rightly understood as our founding fathers understood it, leads to liberty and to the emancipation of creative differences; wrongly understood, as it has been so tragically in our time, it leads first to conformity and then to despotism.
Barry Goldwater

I don't believe Obama hates America at all, or any other race of people either. Inspite of what you and some others seem to have 'made' yourselves believe he's shown he is opened to all races. Not just blacks. Trying to keep playing the race card doesn't work and it never has.
I don't remember saying anything about Obama hating other races, or America. I guess you choose not to answer my very simple question.

If you don't agree with what's being preached, why continue to listen for over 20 years?

Also, Obama very blatantly showed his own racial bias, over the Professor Gates fiasco.

I don't remember saying anything about Obama hating other races, or America. I guess you choose not to answer my very simple question.

If you don't agree with what's being preached, why continue to listen for over 20 years?

Also, Obama very blatantly showed his own racial bias, over the Professor Gates fiasco.

How to be a paranoid right wing pea brain...

First...create a caricatures of a person...make him ALL evil, 24/7 evil...cardboard cutout depth...

THEN... use your tiny pea, your ingrained polarized thinking...and pee your pants in FEAR

How to be a paranoid right wing pea brain...

First...create a caricatures of a person...make him ALL evil, 24/7 evil...cardboard cutout depth...

THEN... use your tiny pea, your ingrained polarized thinking...and pee your pants in FEAR
You are the definition of what is to be a liberal in todays American. I place a very simple question at your feet. Yet you'd rather call names and run and hide, than answer the very simple question that I pose to you.

To further call you out on your passive-aggressive incompetence. I'd be characterized as a moderate liberal. I'm not close to being a Conservative.

Liberals in todays America are much more comfortable bitching at Conservatives, than being in power and leading the way in this country. Secretly, you'd probably rather have Conservatives win various elections, because bitching on the sidelines is a lot more safe and comfortable. Liberals/Democrats are unable to have an accountable debate, without bringing it back to something negative Bush/Republicans have done in another area. The Democrats/Liberals in this country, have become a party of pussy elitists who can't lead. Get it together!

Forum List

Back