Rev. Wright: 'Obama Threw Me Under the Bus'

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
The Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Barack Obama's controversial former pastor, said in a letter obtained by The Associated Press that he is "toxic" to the Obama administration and that the president "threw me under the bus."

In his strongest language to date about the administration's 2-year-old rift with the Chicago pastor, Wright told a group raising money for African relief that his pleas to release frozen funds for use in earthquake-ravaged Haiti would likely be ignored.

"No one in the Obama administration will respond to me, listen to me, talk to me or read anything that I write to them. I am 'toxic' in terms of the Obama administration," Wright wrote the president of Africa 6000 International earlier this year.

"I am 'radioactive,' Sir. When Obama threw me under the bus, he threw me under the bus literally!" he wrote. "Any advice that I offer is going to be taken as something to be avoided. Please understand that!"

The White House didn't respond to requests for comment Monday about Wright's remarks. Several phone messages left by the AP for Wright at the Trinity United Church of Christ, where he is listed as a pastor emeritus, were not returned. Wright's spokeswoman, his daughter Jeri Wright, did not immediately comment on the substance of the letter.

Rev. Wright: 'Obama Threw Me Under the Bus' - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum - FOXNews.com

tis a crying shame innit? :eusa_angel:

He's a political liability. I wouldn't be surprised if this letter wasn't leaked to the press purposefully in order to help disassociate Obama from him in the public's eye. Wright is no idiot.

He's a political liability. I wouldn't be surprised if this letter wasn't leaked to the press purposefully in order to help disassociate Obama from him in the public's eye. Wright is no idiot.

What do you base your "Wright is no idiot" statement on?

What do you base your "Wright is no idiot" statement on?

Are you one of those people who calls people who are more successful, influential, and powerful than you 'idiots', just because you dislike them and their points of view?

If so, I suggest you expand your vocabulary.

The Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Barack Obama's controversial former pastor, said in a letter obtained by The Associated Press that he is "toxic" to the Obama administration and that the president "threw me under the bus."

In his strongest language to date about the administration's 2-year-old rift with the Chicago pastor, Wright told a group raising money for African relief that his pleas to release frozen funds for use in earthquake-ravaged Haiti would likely be ignored.

"No one in the Obama administration will respond to me, listen to me, talk to me or read anything that I write to them. I am 'toxic' in terms of the Obama administration," Wright wrote the president of Africa 6000 International earlier this year.

"I am 'radioactive,' Sir. When Obama threw me under the bus, he threw me under the bus literally!" he wrote. "Any advice that I offer is going to be taken as something to be avoided. Please understand that!"

The White House didn't respond to requests for comment Monday about Wright's remarks. Several phone messages left by the AP for Wright at the Trinity United Church of Christ, where he is listed as a pastor emeritus, were not returned. Wright's spokeswoman, his daughter Jeri Wright, did not immediately comment on the substance of the letter.

Rev. Wright: 'Obama Threw Me Under the Bus' - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum - FOXNews.com

tis a crying shame innit? :eusa_angel:

Your concern for the Rev. Wright is convincing.

And hopefully the majority isn't so naive as to think Mr. Obama would not hesitate to toss ANYONE under the bus if his goals and position are threatened. Let's see he knew the Reverend for 20 years? Look what he did to all of us just to ramrod healthcare up our asses.

Mr. Obama's hand is so far up my ass to grab what little money I have left, that when I yawn his hand comes out and picks my nose to see if I am hiding anything.

obama-buscrowdedsmall.jpg

And hopefully the majority isn't so naive as to think Mr. Obama would not hesitate to toss ANYONE under the bus if his goals and position are threatened. Let's see he knew the Reverend for 20 years? Look what he did to all of us just to ramrod healthcare up our asses.

Mr. Obama's hand is so far up my ass to grab what little money I have left, that when I yawn his hand comes out and picks my nose to see if I am hiding anything.

Oh No...I hope he doesn't throw me under the bus

Oh No...I hope he doesn't throw me under the bus

jgleason_l.jpg

I think Ralph looks suspiciously like an Obama type---black and white mix. Think he's maybe not natural born? :rofl:

Last edited:
Au contraire, it was Wright who tried to throw Obama under the bus. It stings when you try and fail so often.

Suk it up, Wright, you lost that one... Move along now.

Forum List

Back