Reuters Orders Reporters To Treat Trump Administration Like Other Totalitarian Regimes

R

rdean

Steve Adler:

"It's not every day that a U.S. president calls journalists ‘among the most dishonest human beings on earth' or that his chief strategist dubs the media ‘the opposition party.'"

"I am perpetually proud of our work in places such as Turkey, the Philippines, Egypt, Iraq, Yemen, Thailand, China, Zimbabwe, and Russia, nations in which we sometimes encounter some combination of censorship, legal prosecution, visa denials, and even physical threats to our journalists."

"We don't know yet how sharp the Trump administration's attacks will be over time or to what extent those attacks will be accompanied by legal restrictions on our news-gathering. But we do know that we must follow the same rules that govern our work anywhere."

In fact, it seems that Adler is putting the Trump on notice: if you won't provide open access, he implies, we will find the truth elsewhere.

Reuters Orders Reporters To Treat Trump Administration Like Other Totalitarian Regimes

-------------------------------------

The US Government is now officially third world. The Republicans did it. We have become the laughingstock of the civilized world. Thanks GOP. You came close under Bush, but you succeeded under Trump.

Putin must be dancing a jig!

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

fXN4O6.gif

Good, but I would not lay all this at the feet of one party or the other, this was utterly bipartisan and the american public did nothing but watch. Another third world shithole society characteristic? The absurd level of wealth/income disparity we "enjoy" after a bipartisan half century of societal wealth redistribution.

Good, but I would not lay all this at the feet of one party or the other, this was utterly bipartisan and the american public did nothing but watch. Another third world shithole society characteristic? The absurd level of wealth/income disparity we "enjoy" after a bipartisan half century of societal wealth redistribution.
I would say it's 60% GOP, 30% Media, 10% Democrats

GOP for electing a racist third world dictator wanna be. They knew he was running on fucking up their lives and "But I didn't think he would actually do it" is no excuse. It's what he ran on.

The Media for giving him 3 billion in free air time and not vetting him over anything. For two reasons. One, they didn't think he would win, two he sells a lot of papers and media air time.

Democrats. I am so sick of them being la dee dah lazy and not fighting back. Only, it looks like they are finally starting to fight back.

Arnold and Donald:

Donald - Arnold, your ratings are shit.

Arnold - Donald, let's switch jobs. You take care of the ratings and I'll take care of the country so people can finally sleep at night.

True story.

What is the press' favorability rating .....10% ......wonder how it got that low......couldnt be constant lying nnnnnoooooo

What is the press' favorability rating .....10% ......wonder how it got that low......couldnt be constant lying nnnnnoooooo
I don't know if you are lying or just plain ignorant.

Americans' Trust in Mass Media Sinks to New Low

But there is no doubt it's fallen. And I believe it's mainly for two reasons.

First: Even though Trump has made the media the enemy, the press is actually Trump's best friend.

Trump has gotten nearly $3 billion in ‘free’ advertising

4620-1480655478-1317fc6a227af711b70f83a813d3f698.png

Trump sells papers. No one has had more air time than Trump. And it wasn't until almost the election the press started questioning his scams and scandals. But that air time was taken up by Comey and his none news against Mrs. Clinton.

Second, Trump keeps calling the press liars and fake and his base totally believes it. No one wants to believe they were taken in by a scam artist. But Trump is a scam artist. The press somehow has forgotten he is still under criminal investigation. If this had been Hillary, she wouldn't even need to be guilty of anything. The press would be all over her. The Trump Foundation has already admitting wrongdoing on a couple of the charges, but more are pending.
And Wrongdoing doesn't mean "go free". It's a hail Mary hoping to influence the charges.

GOP for electing a racist third world dictator wanna be. They knew he was running on fucking up their lives and "But I didn't think he would actually do it" is no excuse. It's what he ran on.

The Media for giving him 3 billion in free air time and not vetting him over anything. For two reasons. One, they didn't think he would win, two he sells a lot of papers and media air time.

Democrats. I am so sick of them being la dee dah lazy and not fighting back. Only, it looks like they are finally starting to fight back.
Interesting that you would equate Reuters with democrats. Very telling.

I don't know if you are lying or just plain ignorant.

Americans' Trust in Mass Media Sinks to New Low

But there is no doubt it's fallen. And I believe it's mainly for two reasons.

First: Even though Trump has made the media the enemy, the press is actually Trump's best friend.

4620-1480655478-1317fc6a227af711b70f83a813d3f698.png

Trump sells papers. No one has had more air time than Trump. And it wasn't until almost the election the press started questioning his scams and scandals. But that air time was taken up by Comey and his none news against Mrs. Clinton.

Second, Trump keeps calling the press liars and fake and his base totally believes it. No one wants to believe they were taken in by a scam artist. But Trump is a scam artist. The press somehow has forgotten he is still under criminal investigation. If this had been Hillary, she wouldn't even need to be guilty of anything. The press would be all over her. The Trump Foundation has already admitting wrongdoing on a couple of the charges, but more are pending.
And Wrongdoing doesn't mean "go free". It's a hail Mary hoping to influence the charges.
Keep the faith. It helps when the voices get too loud.

Interesting that you would equate Reuters with democrats. Very telling.
That doesn't make any sense.

Is the GOP's new hero, Putin, a member of the NRA?

fXN4O6.gif

Trump is still his poodle.

fXN4O6.gif

If Putin told him to appoint to the SCOTUS....

Who cares.

You'll be living in your little minority cave until you die.

fXN4O6.gif

Who cares.

Or until the next election. Republicans are getting older by the day. Their numbers are shrinking.

That's what you idiots on the left keep telling yourselves.

But they won PA in an election where HC should have rolled.....explain that ? (oh yeah....Fake news....republicans are stupid....so what ? you still lost).

They keep winning more state houses and state legislatures.

Must be loaded with old people...right ?

Not in my state. The GOP leadership is loaded with young people.

And you've lost the SCOTUS for decades.

So, you keep singing that little fairy tale to yourself.

It's only helping them keep you on the sidelines.

BTW: You said you just retired......whose getting older ?

Marches <> Winning Elections.

You guys should be grateful the right isn't organized.

They'd really kick your asses.

fXN4O6.gif

Who cares.

Or until the next election. Republicans are getting older by the day. Their numbers are shrinking.

But they won PA in an election where HC should have rolled.....explain that ? (oh yeah....Fake news....republicans are stupid....so what ? you still lost).

Oh please.

It took the combined effort of the GOP, the KKK, the Alt Right, the Aryan Nation, three billion dollars in free air time from the media, Vladimir Putin and the Russians, and the FBI and Hillary lost by 74,000 in three states.

You can't rely on all that every time.

giphy.gif

fXN4O6.gif

Who cares.

Oh please.

It took the combined effort of the GOP, the KKK, the Alt Right, the Aryan Nation, three billion dollars in free air time from the media, Vladimir Putin and the Russians, and the FBI and Hillary lost by 74,000 in three states.

You can't rely on all that every time.

giphy.gif

Don't need to.

The GOP took the house in 2010.

The GOP took the senate in 2014.

The GOP has more state houses since the 1920's.

ALL before Trump.

Even if Hillary had won.....she would have gotten nothing done just like Obama. And I don't believe the right would confirm another left wing justice.....so there you have it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back