Reuters: Iran Switches Reserves to Gold

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
Iran switches reserves to gold: report | Reuters

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran has converted financial reserves into gold to avoid future problems, an adviser to President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said in comments published on Saturday, after the price of oil fell more than 60 percent from a peak in July.

This could probably go in several different subforums here, but it's a current event, and an important one.

Can anyone blame them?

I like how the article spins it as a move made because of oil prices falling.

It's a move made because of CURRENCY VALUES falling.

Holy Shit! They actually listen to Ron Paul.

Yeah, because he's the one and only voice for the case for gold.

It's probably not because they aren't morons, and know what's best for their economic future.

perhaps the q to be asking is what does subscribing to a gold standard allow Iran to do....?

perhaps the q to be asking is what does subscribing to a gold standard allow Iran to do....?

Well one it allows their currency to retain it's value. Secondly, the dollar is the world reserve currency. When the dollar collapses, you're going to see a high demand for gold and silver.

Quit hijacking this thread with the stupid Israel/Iran arguments.

Indeed. I just moved most of this thread into two other forums.

If anyone wants to bring up other/older/larger issues here, do try to tie them in some substantive way to this specific move by Iran.

Indeed. I just moved most of this thread into two other forums.

If anyone wants to bring up other/older/larger issues here, do try to tie them in some substantive way to this specific move by Iran.

Thanks for the back, holmes.

Now Obama needs to do the same thing.

It wouldn't just be his call, even if he wanted to.

The amount of resistance would be enormous.

Kennedy tried something similar. :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back