Returns

Just one my son received. But that's not going to happen until Thursday.
I ran out to the grocery store yesterday morning. Wow, was that a mistake! Between the looming blizzard and the football game starting at 1:00, the store was a mad house! So was the traffic!

So I wait ... until things quiet down a bit.

The kids got a couple duplicates from family members that will be returned and exchanged. Thankfully the receipts were saved! I'm waiting till next week though, avoid the rush. :)

The kids got a couple duplicates from family members that will be returned and exchanged. Thankfully the receipts were saved! I'm waiting till next week though, avoid the rush. :)

Outside of duplicates or clothes that are the wrong size, returning an unwanted gift is pretty crappy if you ask me.

No. I am going to "pay it forward" with a bunch of candy, fudge, cookies and other goodies that I do not want around the house. I have a big bag-o-goodies to take to the office tomorrow.

Engineers will eat anything. And they really like sugar!

Outside of duplicates or clothes that are the wrong size, returning an unwanted gift is pretty crappy if you ask me.

Three copies of the same new release DVD and two sets of new winter coats - neither of which are big enough to save for next year which is what I'd usually do. Little things I don't worry about so much, but big relatively expensive things are different.

Even if I believed in wasting the cash tied up in them to save people's feelings it's not like 7-year-olds are really going to keep their mouths shut when they unwrap it and exclaim loudly "I got this from ________ too!" They can be exchanged for other things the little people need, like the new sneakers that have to be tried on. Grandparents, aunts and uncles just need to start asking or at least telling ahead of time so I can coordinate to avoid the duplicates if it really bothers them. *shrug*

Last edited:

Forum List

Back