Returning Troops Banned From Airport Terminal

Context is your friend. These were not a couple hundred soldiers that happen to come to catch a flight. They were in uniform ( most likely) returning from deployment UNDER orders. But do keep playing your word games, your so good at it.

But they could have just as easily been bringing contraband into the country including drugs, weapons or other items not permitted. Also, context has nothing to do with it. To even suggest that I could be detained for hours and not allowed to leave the plane because I am not a soldier while soldiers are free to go into an airport terminal as the airport security screens their baggage is just outrageous. I don't care who they are. Even if they were a plane of Congressman they would be expected to be treated the same way.

Has anyone said they shouldn't be screened? Try reading the article. They were not allowed in period. Why were they not allowed to walk through screening like every other customer at the airport if they wanted to enter the terminal?

Your argument is dishonest bullshit, as usual.

Because they were part of a specific flight which was being screened. These types of screenings have occured in the past and the passengers haven not been allowed into the airport terminals during the screening. Some flights are not even allowed off the plane. So you argument isn't just dishonest but it is an outright attempt to distort what happened. There is not a single airport who if under the same circumstances chose to screen a flight would have allowed the passengers into the terminal because that is idiotic. Think about it moron: IF THEY DID FIND CONTRABAND THAN THEY COULD NOT GET TO THE PERSON WHO WAS THE ONE BRINGING THE CONTRABAND INTO THE COUNTRY BECAUSE THEY WOULD BE AMONG THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE IN THE AIRPORT OR COULD HAVE WALKED OUT OF THE AIRPORT. :wtf:

They've let you go through security without being checked post 9/11 in LAX and JFK because you are US military?

Now the terrorists now how to get on a plane without being screened. :wtf: They simply put on a nice uniform, forge some military documents and then they can do whatever the hell they want. :badgrin:

Umm they were going the other way. There generally is no screening available for passengers right as they get off flights for obvious efficiency reasons.

Of course not. Why screen passengers getting off the plane and leaving the airport. If they choose to do so they must detain all the passengers. It's a matter of simple economics. You don't let people leave and go into an airport terminal when you are screening a flight.

So your now claiming that this "threat" of armed men were just hamdled by baggage handlers? Some threat ehh?

You are a fucking retard. In his post Larkinn stated: "Sure a baggage handler maybe. Not high level security folks who would be the ones making this type of decision." Which means that he didn't say that the screening was handled just by baggage handlers. Do you know what HIGH LEVEL SECURITY means or are you just a retard? Nor did he say they posed an "armed" threat. That is just in your sick mind.

Not the point - Let me say this clearly and only once here, to my generation joining the guard, as Bush did, was draft dodging. No one went there because they were patriotic citizens who wanted to serve. They went there to get out of active duty, plain and simple. And if anyone here denies that they are deep in a wingnut coma or outright lying.

And please guys enough of your right wingnut congratulatory circle jerk. Think for yourself, oh sorry, forgot....:badgrin:

Bullshit....

During the Vietnam war, almost 23,000 Army and Air Guardsmen were called up for a year of active duty; some 8,700 were deployed to Vietnam.

Bullshit....

During the Vietnam war, almost 23,000 Army and Air Guardsmen were called up for a year of active duty; some 8,700 were deployed to Vietnam.

I have never experienced such utter contemptible bullshit from a group of so called adults with enough money to afford a computer and a connection. The Swifties have one mode, bull shit.

I spoke with my nephew last evening about this. He is back from his second deployment to Anbar. His route is alway back to Twenty Nine Palms. He has always flown contract air in Marines only passenger loads. Even when quarantined and given services and meals in a group, he has not felt slighted.
Federal authority is the kingpin now. It trumps local law enforcement and airport authority in just about every instance of some sanction. Local law enforcement, transit and airport personnel with police powers serve at the pleasure of TSA.

Do you remember when every Swifter was talking about the sound of jackboots marching this way? Well, the jackbooted thugs turn out to be creation of your partially chosen POTUS. The only reason this W_ administration is so close to the NRA is so that they know who has firearms in numbers and their correct address from NRAs mailing list.

I told my friend Big Kat, the original gun nut, that and he looked at me blankly. qwned!

Paranoid. No. I am scared shitless and I am fearless.

I AM

Well except for the whole TSA statement that they had absolutely NOTHING to do with the incident, that they were not even asked about it by the airport. So much for Higher security and federal Involvement, but you two keep on spewing your nonsense.

Generally what happens in a military unit is the weapons are stacked and x number are chosen to guard said weapons.

Ok... I have your answer. At least insofar as Kennedy Airport is concerned, the weapons are never allowed in the terminal when troops go from one flight to another. They are collected and inventoried and moved to the flight they are transferred to. Whether individual troops are left with ground crews or not to oversee, I forgot to ask.

The TSA couldn't give a hoot if they've been screened prior or not.

Once again, Michelle Malkin is full of it. ;)

Ok... I have your answer. At least insofar as Kennedy Airport is concerned, the weapons are never allowed in the terminal when troops go from one flight to another. They are collected and inventoried and moved to the flight they are transferred to. Whether individual troops are left with ground crews or not to oversee, I forgot to ask.

The TSA couldn't give a hoot if they've been screened prior or not.

Once again, Michelle Malkin is full of it. ;)

What you mean is that the Oakland Airport is full of it. They lied about why they denied entry. Plain and simple. TSA had nothing to do with the decision, they were not even asked.

What you mean is that the Oakland Airport is full of it. They lied about why they denied entry. Plain and simple. TSA had nothing to do with the decision, they were not even asked.

The TSA makes the decision for ALL the airports. You know, those guys screening baggage when you go through... they're TSO's. Yes?

So, I'm not quite certain what you mean.

The TSA makes the decision for ALL the airports. You know, those guys screening baggage when you go through... they're TSO's. Yes?

So, I'm not quite certain what you mean.

The Oakland airport claimed that the security made the call on allowing them in the air terminal. The security TSA TSO, what ever you wanna call it, replied officially they HAD NOTHING to do with the decision. That they were not even asked.

The Oakland airport claimed that the security made the call on allowing them in the air terminal. The security TSA TSO, what ever you wanna call it, replied officially they HAD NOTHING to do with the decision. That they were not even asked.

According to Michelle Malkin....

It's a L-I-E. But that's nothing new for her.

TSA is Transportation Safety Administration, a Divison of DHS. TSO's are Transportation Safety Officers.

So you think Oakland airport lied and not TSA? Why could this be? Perhaps because you base your beliefs on who it benefits? What a fuckin surprise.

So you think Oakland airport lied and not TSA? Why could this be? Perhaps because you base your beliefs on who it benefits? What a fuckin surprise.

Your one to talk, all your drivel is directly related to who it benefits, your liberal party. Your word games and semantics gymnastics are all because you can not defend the idiotic statements and actions of liberals in general so you resort to twisting meanings and playing games with words.

I am still waiting for that explanation of how it is that TSA had anything to do with it when you claimed a bunch of baggage handlers took care of it?

Forum List

Back