Returning to work - Resume advice

Said1

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2004
Somewhere in Ontario
As most of you already know, I've been at home with my daughter for the last 7 years running a childcare (babysitting :D ) business at the same time.
I plan to return to work (hopefully) in September and am now in the process of getting my resume together.

I've been reading different things about people in my situation and there seems to be a general agreement amoung experts about leaving the time periods before leaving work off my resume and concentrating on skills. I don't really agree with this, but have NO experince in human resources, so I'm VERY open to suggestions if anyone has any!

Now I remember how much I hated doing this! :flameth:

Said1 said:
As most of you already know, I've been at home with my daughter for the last 7 years running a childcare (babysitting :D ) business at the same time.
I plan to return to work (hopefully) in September and am now in the process of getting my resume together.

I've been reading different things about people in my situation and there seems to be a general agreement amoung experts about leaving the time periods before leaving work off my resume and concentrating on skills. I don't really agree with this, but have NO experince in human resources, so I'm VERY open to suggestions if anyone has any!

Now I remember how much I hated doing this! :flameth:

I would say it depends on what you did BEFORE staying home. If you were in a supervisory position or something, that is relevant. If not, put down the schools, and pick up with the babysitting service.

*Responsibilty
*Necessary organization skills
*Planning
*Budgeting
*Collections

Elaborate on those and any other skills that pertain to the position you are seeking.

Kathianne said:
I would say it depends on what you did BEFORE staying home. If you were in a supervisory position or something, that is relevant. If not, put down the schools, and pick up with the babysitting service.

*Responsibilty
*Necessary organization skills
*Planning
*Budgeting
*Collections

Elaborate on those and any other skills that pertain to the position you are seeking.

I'm only asking about time periods realted to each job. I've decided to leave them on.

Forum List

Back