Retsina

Does anyone else like it?

I once went on a seven hour bender in Athens where Retsina and Metaxa were downed in great quantity. I don't remember much about the following 24hours and I certainly can't remember whether I like Retsina!

I don't think I've ever had it.

Given my history of tending bar in some truly well stocked bars, that's rather shocking to be honest.

I'm going to have to try some.

:lol::lol::lol:

If it was 7-Star Metaxa you would have been okay Boot, my Greek mate told me it was the best cure for a cold so at least you know that however crook you might have felt, you didn't have a cold :D

I don't think I've ever had it.

Given my history of tending bar in some truly well stocked bars, that's rather shocking to be honest.

I'm going to have to try some.

Good for you ed - I like it, some say it's an aquired taste but I've been drinking it - on and off of course - since I was introduced to it years ago and I do enjoy it. But I do think it has been refined somewhat in recent years. But a refreshing and unique wine.

:lol::lol::lol:

If it was 7-Star Metaxa you would have been okay Boot, my Greek mate told me it was the best cure for a cold so at least you know that however crook you might have felt, you didn't have a cold :D

There were seven stars alright, but they sure as hell weren't on the bottle!

lost more than one night to metaxa, but i can't say i've ever had retsina.
are they similar?

The only similarity is the end result. Both will make the top of your head go soft if you over-indulge:booze:

Actually, Retsina has a strong flavour of pine resin. I think it's due to the fact that pine rather than oak barrels are used.

Hi Annie. No, I think you may be thinking of Ouzo, although that is more like aniseed.

Hi Bootneck, you're correct. I remember the name and the licorice, the rest of the night was really foggy. Was a nice date though! LOL!

lost more than one night to metaxa, but i can't say i've ever had retsina.
are they similar?

Retsina is a wine - you can get various types apparently but I've only ever come across the white type. I think it's actually infused with pine resin, hence the name.

Forum List

Back