Retro Cars.

Graybeard

Team Infidel
Aug 24, 2009
TEXAS
I guess it started with the PT Cruiser, maybe the 2002 Thunderbird, then the HHR. The 2009 Mustang has a retro look of a late 60s Mustang, Chrysler's redux of the Challenger and Chevy's new Camaro.
Which American car would you like to see brought back?
Personally I think the 57 Chevy Bel Air is the most beautiful car ever built. I'd like to see a modern version of it brought back.

1957%20chevrolet%20bel%20air%20street%20rod-781084.jpg

There is a company that has built a car called the 789 which has been styled from the 57, 58 and 59 Chevys. It sits on a Corvette chassis.
789 Chevy - 2007 n2a Motors

The 57 Chevy Bel Air were the first two cars I ever owned in my life. I was a teenager and bought the first one for $150,00 and I paid $200.00 for the second. They were great cars. I learned a lot about girls in those two cars!!! Those were the good old days.

I guess it started with the PT Cruiser, maybe the 2002 Thunderbird, then the HHR. The 2009 Mustang has a retro look of a late 60s Mustang, Chrysler's redux of the Challenger and Chevy's new Camaro.
Personally I think the 57 Chevy Bel Air is the most beautiful car ever built. I'd like to see a modern version of it brought back.

There is a company that has built a car called the 789 which has been styled from the 57, 58 and 59 Chevys. It sits on a Corvette chassis.
You know you can buy new (repro) '57 Chevy sheetmetal if you want. Entire frame kits are available so you could have a 1957 Chevy with updated power and handling. Look in any Street Rodder mag for the advertisements. (If you haven't already)

The ass end of that 789 Chevy looks just like a '58!

Damn! The car on the other end of that link is one hot, kind of punked-out version of "Christine"!

Beautifully scary.

Reminds me of a girl I know.......:eusa_think:

It's eerily like the stupid Toyota Prius...not only ugly, but a bitch to drive as well....

toyota_hybrid_x_concept_new-thumb.jpg

Except of course the Prius doesn't have a back window. Just a fucking skylight back there.

Nothing like being low to the ground, having a dash which reflects everything up onto the windshield, and about 95 percent of your view is a blind spot.

Hey, the VW vans were cool. Until of course you rolled off the road while digging for a tape on the floor, to replace the tunes battery-operated boombox...

WTH is that monstrosity? Is that a Pacer???

The Pride of American Motors, Inc. :eusa_whistle:

Actually, I had a Javelin when I was a teen that flew through the foothills of Texas. Still own a Jeep, but it was made long after Chrysler bought 'em.​

I guess every company has their 'Vega' :lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back