Retiring US Commanding General in Iraq takes Terrorist Side

ajwps

Nov 7, 2003
Houston, TX
US Iraq invasion commander Tommy Franks steered clear of Israel – he reveals in Parade Magazine issue - and openly told Arab leaders he was sympathetic to their issues. For years, “I told my Arab friends I have no Israeli visa in my passport.”

http://www.boston.com/dailynews/212/politics/_Retired_Gen_Tommy_Franks_Says:.shtml

General Tommy Franks steered clear of Israel while he was a U.S. military commander

and openly told Arab leaders that he was sympathetic to their issues.

"For years," he tells PARADE, "I had told my Arab friends that I had

'no Israeli visa' in my passport. This was an unofficial way of

letting them know that I understood their side of the story."

I fail to see how acknowledging an arab state of mind in the conflict with Israel is taking the terrorists side. maybe you could explain it in bullet point style with factual evidence to back it up.

stupid post dude.
I guess I am a terrorist to for not backing Israel unconditionally, and not appreciating funding some blatant violations of UN resolutions.

I would like to read the whole article. This was just pieces and points and amy be taken out of context. I don't believe he doesn't like Jews and loves terrorists or whatever is being implied.

Major_Baker said:
stupid post dude.
I guess I am a terrorist to for not backing Israel unconditionally, and not appreciating funding some blatant violations of UN resolutions.

According to AJ you are !

Major_Baker said:
stupid post dude.

It is not Israel or being on their side that General Tommy Franks admits steering clear of but the same enemy that has been killing our own men and women soldiers.

Do you really think that America is fighting a different group of terrorists or their ideology that considers America, Jews and infidels as their enemies? Do you think that the Iraqi insurgents killing Americans and Iraqi citizens are not not those same loving Israeli Arab Muslims infiltrating into Iraq along with other Islamic terrorists?

Attribution: Walt Witman:

NOT my enemies ever invade me—no harm to my pride from them I fear;
lo! how they master me!
Lo! me, ever open and helpless, bereft of my strength!
Utterly abject, grovelling on the ground before them.

The US military commander Tommy Franks openly told Arab leaders that he was sympathetic to their issues. Brave young Americans died under his command and yet he, an appointed military leader, supposedly supported America and its allies, instead chooses the terrorist enemy that killed his command. He apparently by choice as the poem say grovels on the ground before those who directly or indirectly killed our men and women.

Is there any question why General Franks retired last year?

ajwps said:
The US military commander Tommy Franks openly told Arab leaders that he was sympathetic to their issues. Brave young Americans died under his command and yet he, an appointed military leader, supposedly supported America and its allies, instead chooses the terrorist enemy that killed his command. He apparently by choice as the poem say grovels on the ground before those who directly or indirectly killed our men and women.

Is there any question why General Franks retired last year?

So Gen. Franks was guilty of understanding the fact that the Israelis do not have sole proprietorship over legitimate issues in the ongoing disputes in the Middle East. I suppose that you feel this makes him guilty of war crimes.

Apparently your view is that Gen. Franks' 30 year career, during which he was highly decorated for his service, is now tainted. Apparently that one aspect of his philosophy with which you disagree reduces him from a courageous soldier to a craven, groveling coward.

You're quite a piece of work AJ. You and those like you who exhibit blind hatred and a complete inability to reason are the cause for the continuing bloodshed in the Middle East. You are no different in your philosophical attitudes from the terrorists you rail against. A zealot is a zealot - they just have different causes so we can tell them apart.

I have to tell you in all honesty that if you were the only Jew in the world, I'd be one anti-semetic son-of-a-bitch. Your level of racism makes skinheads look like Boy Scouts by comparison.

Oh - and a quick post-script: No, there is no question why Gen. Franks retired. It's because he wanted to.

Merlin1047 said:
So Gen. Franks was guilty of understanding the fact that the Israelis do not have sole proprietorship over legitimate issues in the ongoing disputes in the Middle East. I suppose that you feel this makes him guilty of war crimes.

When a Commanding US General grovels on the ground and sides with those who killed his own troops, I suppose you could find him up for Court Martial on charges of aiding and giving comfort to the enemy. He should be made to pay for treason and providing moral support to the enemy to kill more Americans. Something like John Kerry did with Jane Fonda.

Apparently your view is that Gen. Franks' 30 year career, during which he was highly decorated for his service, is now tainted. Apparently that one aspect of his philosophy with which you disagree reduces him from a courageous soldier to a craven, groveling coward.

His philosophy? He is paid to wage a war against terrorists who kill his troops and not to welcome Palestinian arab terrorist insurgents who cross into Iraq so they can set roadside bombs to kill young American women and men. What would you call it? Why do think that backing the terrorists in Israel does not give these terrorists a welcome mat to enter through Jordan and ultimately into the war currently waged in Iraq? He could have served 50 years in his capacity as a good commander but when he aides and abets the enemy, he has disgraced himself and the United States.

You're quite a piece of work AJ. You and those like you who exhibit blind hatred and a complete inability to reason are the cause for the continuing bloodshed in the Middle East. You are no different in your philosophical attitudes from the terrorists you rail against. A zealot is a zealot - they just have different causes so we can tell them apart.

You know I could say the same about you but I do not find it necessary to debase myself by using invectives. I would rather be a zealot in the cause of justice than a person who can't determine the difference between cowardess and treason and heroism and bravery. Ex-General Franks is supposed to be a soldier and not paid by the taxpayers to side with those who kill their sons and daughters.

I have to tell you in all honesty that if you were the only Jew in the world, I'd be one anti-semetic son-of-a-bitch. Your level of racism makes skinheads look like Boy Scouts by comparison.

As for me, I hold no animosity or hatred for you but simply sympathy. Your apparent inability to differentiate between those who served our country with bravery and honor and those who disgraced their uniform puts you into an entirely different catagory.

As an anti-semite and anti-American you fit the mold to perfection.

Apparently you don't understand the difference between racism and a dislike for those who would kill your fellow citizens for no reason other than to take over the world for their prophet.

You are an anachronism.

Oh - and a quick post-script: No, there is no question why Gen. Franks retired. It's because he wanted to.

Are you sure? Do you believe everything you read in the news media?

:tank:

ajwps said:
As an anti-semite and anti-American you fit the mold to perfection.

Do you ever bother to read the crap you post? If you had any sense at all, you'd have the good grace to be embarrassed.

ajwps said:
As for me, I hold no animosity or hatred for you but simply sympathy. Your apparent inability to differentiate between those who served our country with bravery and honor and those who disgraced their uniform puts you into an entirely different catagory.

AJ, you're a damn liar and a hypocrite. You are full of NOTHING BUT animosity, hatred and bigotry. At least I'm honest enough to be up front about the fact that I thoroughly dislike you for your racist, hateful attitudes.

The fact that you cannot or will not admit your true philosophies makes you not only a petty hypocrite but an absolute fool.

Here's a suggestion - take a trip to Israel, go to the Wailing Wall and bang your head on it REALLY hard.

Merlin1047 said:
Do you ever bother to read the crap you post? If you had any sense at all, you'd have the good grace to be embarrassed.

Yes I have. And your nonsensical post responses indicate replies coming from a true anecephalic. Your claiming that I am a racist or bigot is clearly illustrated in your previous post.

Merline: I have to tell you in all honesty that if you were the only Jew in the world, I'd be one anti-semetic son-of-a-bitch. Your level of racism makes skinheads look like Boy Scouts by comparison.

So much for hateful rhetoric from a copraphagic personality. It is obvious you agree with Ex-General Franks making his personal political policy against an ally of these United States.

AJ, you're a damn liar and a hypocrite. You are full of NOTHING BUT animosity, hatred and bigotry. At least I'm honest enough to be up front about the fact that I thoroughly dislike you for your racist, hateful attitudes.

You are certainly honest enough to disguise your obvious intolerance and prejudice for a personal policy decision and from a paid employee of the US government quoted in Parade Magazine, July 30th, '04 which is not the adminstrations policy.

The fact that you cannot or will not admit your true philosophies makes you not only a petty hypocrite but an absolute fool. Here's a suggestion - take a trip to Israel, go to the Wailing Wall and bang your head on it REALLY hard.

Let me give you a recommendation - take a deep breath, hold your violent tantrums and name calling and go back to your bed where you can release that pent up pressure in your gonads.

HGROKIT said:
His thread title is misleading in the least and inflammatory in the most. I mean WTF? Talk about putting spin on a story?
:wtf:

My thread was only as misleading as your mind led it to perceive. Inflammtory you say? The story was quoted in full and had a spin of its very own. The president is the Commander in Chief of the Armed Services and Tommy Franks was a major general under the command of the same Commander in Chief.

General Franks spoke openly against his immediate superior's own policy. It is a free country but he is and was getting paid by the same taxpayers who chose their President and his adminstrations policy.

Spin away but the facts speak for themselves. Policy making (and that is exactly what Franks did) is for the elected policy makers and not a hired employee of the people of the United States.

ajwps said:
My thread was only as misleading as your mind led it to perceive. Inflammtory you say? The story was quoted in full and had a spin of its very own. The president is the Commander in Chief of the Armed Services and Tommy Franks was a major general under the command of the same Commander in Chief.

General Franks spoke openly against his immediate superior's own policy. It is a free country but he is and was getting paid by the same taxpayers who chose their President and his adminstrations policy.

Spin away but the facts speak for themselves. Policy making (and that is exactly what Franks did) is for the elected policy makers and not a hired employee of the people of the United States.

THREAD TITLE :read:

So now you change the thesis of your post as well. Are you wanting to discuss his position as a terrorist or the fact that he had differences with those in his chain of command?

:wtf: :dunno:

HGROKIT said:
THREAD TITLE :read:

So now you change the thesis of your post as well. Are you wanting to discuss his position as a terrorist or the fact that he had differences with those in his chain of command? :wtf: :dunno:

You tell me. If disobeying the Commander in Chief's order to refrain from making your own US policy is consistant with US military codes then it is a court-martial offense. To make US policy agreeing with Islamic terrorists is tantamount to being a 'traitor' to your own people and those soldiers who died under your command.

It is not my racist or bigotted view of a terrorist people who openly avow to destroy your country, your people and your civilization or I am changing the topic of the thread I made.

Some very agile intellectual gymnastics here. The post went from the good General saying he did not go to Israel and that he understood some of the issues from an Arab perspective to the guy should be shot for treason.

ajwps said:
You tell me. If disobeying the Commander in Chief's order to refrain from making your own US policy is consistant with US military codes then it is a court-martial offense. To make US policy agreeing with Islamic terrorists is tantamount to being a 'traitor' to your own people and those soldiers who died under your command.

It is not my racist or bigotted view of a terrorist people who openly avow to destroy your country, your people and your civilization or I am changing the topic of the thread I made.

I am not sure of what you are speaking of, you change your tenor with every reply. You've gone from accusing the General of being a terrorist, to being insubordinate, to accusing him now of being a traitor. When did he disobey orders? When did he make ANY policy? Again :wtf:!

HGROKIT said:
I am not sure of what you are speaking of, you change your tenor with every reply. You've gone from accusing the General of being a terrorist, to being insubordinate, to accusing him now of being a traitor. When did he disobey orders? When did he make ANY policy? Again :wtf:!

It is apparent that you are unable to understand a basic understanding of events. It is useless to try to explain the obvious to you.

CSM said:
Some very agile intellectual gymnastics here. The post went from the good General saying he did not go to Israel and that he understood some of the issues from an Arab perspective to the guy should be shot for treason.

Your intellecualization of my post is not what was said by me or the General in his interview. The basic understanding of either insubordination, enemy appeasement or simply agreeing with the enemies of this country with apparent contempt for the lives lost under the control of a major general making the Supreme Commander answerable for his actions is a real problem for some to understand.

ajwps said:
It is apparent that you are unable to understand a basic understanding of events. It is useless to try to explain the obvious to you.
Only the events you quoted and the spin you are putting on them and whichever topic you are trying to discuss.

However, it seems to be your MO to claim ignorance of anyone or thing that does not fit into your vision of the poor persecuted jews and horrible arabs. Geez!

You have yet to make your point.

Forum List

Back