Retirement

Iowa10000

Rookie
Nov 1, 2010
NOW THAT MY STOCK HAS ROCKETED, I think I just might become a republican now that I can look down on all you poor slobs, and whats funny is half of them are republicans.

HDY forever, the only thing I hate is I didn't buy all of it and hang on to it. but soon I will be back to where I was when I retired. :clap2:

Better get in now if you want to get rich, this baby is going to 40.00

Better put "stops" on those rockets before the double-dip makes you poor again. We ain't out of the woods yet. Bernanke is printing mo and mo money, there ain't no mo jobs, and the Debt keeps a'growin', so I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel...yet...be VERY careful!!

Yeah Baby the vegas market is back.
But ti will not last. Reality has a way of rearing it's ugly head and certain groups need to harvest that money you "invested".

Sir, it sounds like you are playing the presidential cycle where years 3 and 4 usually go up but that is mediated by the Census cycle which tend be barely positive in years 1 and 2 of decades. However the truly suicidal part of your strategy is ignoring age related spending. Consumption maximizes at age 46 although house purchases peak at age 43. 45 years ago births began a decline that ended the baby boom. This is why the meltdown happened in 08 there were physically fewer buyers even at distressed prices to buy at the bottom so the MBS machines would not implode.

A cyclical bottom in Gen X babies were reached in 1968 that means that even as foreclosures will be increasing the supply of housing next year demand is going to drop like a rock as in meltdown II may be marching along with QE II. Also the census data reflects the fact that migration from high tax states to low tax states is picking up speed. That's why municipal bonds from high tax states are going to crash. Some munis from low tax states will also have problems but defaults or federal bailouts for the bastions of the left will mean that MS, AL and TN will grow faster than the US as a whole as employers exit the northeast corridor. Since the stock exchange is in the Northeast corridor this will be a bad thing for stocks.

• Banned
I don't care what happens, I have gotten most everything I have spent since I retired and this stock has noting to do with the economy, it's all about speculating on billions of barl's of oil.

oil isn’t going away and neither is the world's economy. It may get better, or it may get worse but it sure the hell isn’t going away and neither is OIL!!!!!!!!!!!

This stock is going up at 10/20% a day until it gets to a place where someone will buy them out who owns a lot of their stock already. I'm thinking the buyout price will be coming around 12.00, but it will be fought off of course.

HDY, HDY, HDY get in now before it's too late.

Is the HDY.L the company in question here? If so it' an Indian oil company (dot kind, not feather kind) heaquartered in London. Trading above $200 US now.

Forum List

Back