Retirement Plan

not my problem if those idiots can't save for retirement

Don't worry, they can still hike your property taxes to cover their shortfall. Or they will cut kindergarten and extracurricular programs, halving you home's sales price. You don't win this easy, hehe.
teachers make enough money that they can save for their retirement if they choose not to do so it's their own fault
That's true. At any point in our lives we are the sum of our choices. Blaming others is sign of an external locus of control.

You've brought personal responsibility to a whole new level. You seem to believe that consumers have a choice.
Everything is a choice. See Rich Dad Poor Dad.

You have a choice in what utility company you use?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/23/your-money/403-b-retirement-plans-fees-teachers.html?_r=0

Despite the easy-target sniping about teachers, many are not facing the most comfortable retirements.

If workers have money left after paying their bills.

As I have posted before; From 2008-2014, CEO and ivory tower pay increased 54%, while non-supervisory workers pay increased 0.0%.
you seem to forget that people have 100% control over their bills

the thread is about teachers.

People have control over the cost of a product or service? Sure they do.

The thread is titled 'retirement,' not 'teachers retirement.'
they have control over whether they buy a product or service

One thing I learned when I was a financial adviser was that everyone has some money to save for retirement

They just would rather spend it on other shit

Isn't it true that investors must invest two times the monies vs 20 years ago for the same future outcome?

As I have posted before; From 2008-2014, CEO and ivory tower pay increased 54%, while non-supervisory workers pay increased 0.0%.

How many of your clients lost all or most of their investment worth due to 'Made-Off' and Baby Bush?

Don't worry, they can still hike your property taxes to cover their shortfall. Or they will cut kindergarten and extracurricular programs, halving you home's sales price. You don't win this easy, hehe.
teachers make enough money that they can save for their retirement if they choose not to do so it's their own fault
That's true. At any point in our lives we are the sum of our choices. Blaming others is sign of an external locus of control.

You've brought personal responsibility to a whole new level. You seem to believe that consumers have a choice.

Yeah because utilities are what cause people not to save for retirement

and you do have complete control over how much electricity you use and in some states like mine you have a choice of electric providers

One thing I learned when I was a financial adviser was that everyone has some money to save for retirement

Isn't it true that investors must invest two times the monies vs 20 years ago for the same future outcome?

How many of your clients lost all or most of their investment worth due to 'Made-Off' and Baby Bush?

is it true? There are too many variables to say and it all depends on investment choices I base all my savings on a projected ROR of 7-8% and I usually beat that even with the ups and downs. Anyone who thinks they can "play" the market in their retirement accounts is an idiot

And if you didn't panic and sell at a loss you didn't lose anything and since you're sooo rich you should know that. If you are within 5 years of retirement you should have very little exposure to high risk equities and a person as rich as you say you are should know that, too

and you do have complete control over how much electricity you use and in some states like mine you have a choice of electric providers

Which is why I have always pushed for non-profit utility companies.

What is the difference in cost of electricity between the choices of electric providers?

is it true? There are too many variables to say and it all depends on investment choices I base all my savings on a projected ROR of 7-8% and I usually beat that even with the ups and downs. Anyone who thinks they can "play" the market in their retirement accounts is an idiot

And if you didn't panic and sell at a loss you didn't lose anything and since you're sooo rich you should know that. If you are within 5 years of retirement you should have very little exposure to high risk equities and a person as rich as you say you are should know that, too

So, then why does the Dow Jones have a kink in it around 1980, when Reagan enacted the 401k/IRA? The trend has never returned to normal ... yet.

Really? You want to make that fringe argument to justify making bad choices in economics? Sure, I can choose my energy provider. Just not the transportation provider of that energy. How's that?

Rich Dad, Poor Dad Summary at WikiSummaries, free book summaries

• Poor dad – educated but lacking the street smarts
  • Rich dad – very little education (eighth grade), tons of street smarts

Which is why I have always pushed for non-profit utility companies.

What is the difference in cost of electricity between the choices of electric providers?
off topic

So, then why does the Dow Jones have a kink in it around 1980, when Reagan enacted the 401k/IRA? The trend has never returned to normal ... yet.

The DJIA is not the entire stock market but only a very small sampling

Forum List

Back