Retired CIA expert: US far-right is getting duped by Russia and its part of something bigger

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Retired CIA expert: US far-right is getting duped by Russia and its part of something bigger
by David Fergson at Raw Story
Retired CIA expert: US far-right is getting duped by Russia and it’s ‘part of something bigger’

SNIP..............

In recent years, finding themselves increasingly ideologically alienated in the U.S., certain members of the far right have found sympathetic “kindred spirits” among Russia’s well-connected elite.

According to a bombshell report published Sunday night by the Washington Post, some current and former members of the U.S. intelligence community believe that forces within the Russian government are actively cultivating these relationships with disaffected members of the conservative fringe, although it’s unclear why.

The Post report begins with Brian Brown, president of anti-LGBTQ hate group the National Organization for Marriage (NOM). Brown grew up thinking that Russians were the enemy, but now that his own country has largely embraced the sanctity of same-sex marriages, Brown feels more at home among his anti-LGBTQ Russian counterparts.

“What I realized was that there was a great change happening in the former Soviet Union,” Brown said of a 2013 visit to Russia, where gay men and lesbians are routinely attacked in the street, beaten, raped and — in the Republic of Chechnya — rounded up into internment camps, tortured and executed. “There was a real push to re-instill Christian values in the public square.”

Russia is using you conservatives like a bag of dog shit.

This is why I always suggest that patriotism is a vital characteristic to any successful democracy based on Rule of Law, and individual liberty.

In all fairness, if the far right is a threat to be turned by the Russians; I don't doubt there are always going to be some fringe elements, you can be damned sure the alt-left is a walk in the park for their Russian Comrades. I would love someone to try and argue that the far-left is less susceptible to these potential advances, considering how anti-American, anti-capitalist and even anti-free speech they have become.

This same CIA operative should share his opinions on that prospect.

Steve L Hall is selling the bullshit that Russia hacked the DNC which we know is a lie. It was a leak by a DNC insider by the name of Seth Rich AND we already have learned through the release of " Vault 7" that the CIA can mimic other countries attempts to hack in order to justify sanctions, war and sway public opinion. I have more respect for what Putin is trying to do for his country than I do for the past CEOs of USA.INC. Putin has kicked out the Rothschild central bankers and it's sad that we will not do the same. NATO has done everything it can to "goad" Putin into war but he is always one step ahead of them. Russia is a threat to the hegemony that is controlled by the international bankers but unfortunately, there are so many that have no clue and Matthew is one of them.

Retired CIA expert: US far-right is getting duped by Russia and it’s ‘part of something bigger’

SNIP..............

In recent years, finding themselves increasingly ideologically alienated in the U.S., certain members of the far right have found sympathetic “kindred spirits” among Russia’s well-connected elite.

According to a bombshell report published Sunday night by the Washington Post, some current and former members of the U.S. intelligence community believe that forces within the Russian government are actively cultivating these relationships with disaffected members of the conservative fringe, although it’s unclear why.

The Post report begins with Brian Brown, president of anti-LGBTQ hate group the National Organization for Marriage (NOM). Brown grew up thinking that Russians were the enemy, but now that his own country has largely embraced the sanctity of same-sex marriages, Brown feels more at home among his anti-LGBTQ Russian counterparts.

“What I realized was that there was a great change happening in the former Soviet Union,” Brown said of a 2013 visit to Russia, where gay men and lesbians are routinely attacked in the street, beaten, raped and — in the Republic of Chechnya — rounded up into internment camps, tortured and executed. “There was a real push to re-instill Christian values in the public square.”

Raw story?

A liberal basket case blog?

I just threw up

Steve L Hall is selling the bullshit that Russia hacked the DNC which we know is a lie. It was a leak by a DNC insider by the name of Seth Rich AND we already have learned through the release of " Vault 7" that the CIA can mimic other countries attempts to hack in order to justify sanctions, war and sway public opinion. I have more respect for what Putin is trying to do for his country than I do for the past CEOs of USA.INC. Putin has kicked out the Rothschild central bankers and it's sad that we will not do the same. NATO has done everything it can to "goad" Putin into war but he is always one step ahead of them. Russia is a threat to the hegemony that is controlled by the international bankers but unfortunately, there are so many that have no clue and Matthew is one of them.

gives standing ovation.:udaman::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Best post on this thread.bar none,no contest.you took the OP to school major big time and so much handed his ass to him on a platter. :clap2:

I could not have said it any better myself.you said it PERFECTLY.:thup:

SNIP..............

Real bombshell there Matt. A regular fucking MOAB.

SNIP..............

The alt-right has a wet dream about overthrowing current world order. Bannon stated their intentions at a Republican gathering a couple months ago when he said "we will dismantle the administrative state". They, and drumpf, believe in some whackjob that wrote a book stating there is a 70 year 'cycle' when things change. These losers are going to try to make the change themselves. Trump said recently he believes the checks and balances are archaic in the Constitution and Reince Priebus (gayest name ever) has said the White House has been 'discussing how to eliminate the 1st amendment'.

Take these people at their face value, they in fact want to dismantle US democracy and put an authoritarian strongman in control. They are fascists that up until now have limited their beliefs to the internet because it is so fringe and fucking whackjob. But drumpf has embraced their mental illness and is trying to put it into practice.

gives standing ovation.:udaman::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Best post on this thread.bar none,no contest.you took the OP to school major big time and so much handed his ass to him on a platter. :clap2:

I could not have said it any better myself.you said it PERFECTLY.:thup:

Coming from someone like you that I have the utmost respect for and consider a peer? I am beyond "honored". What sucks for the naysayers is that they will eventually learn the truth about how they were duped but it will be too late to do anything about it. As far you claiming that you "could not have said it better"? I don't know about that....you have an incredible ability to write and paint vivid pictures with words.....I think you simply didn't want to waste the time to explain it......but I appreciate the "kudos" nonetheless. LOL!

Forum List

Back