Retailers rejecting customers' cash as more ban paper money

GLENN: Nobody is paying attention to what's happening in India. I mean, gold prices in India shot through the roof because they didn't go cashless. They just took everything over a 50-dollar bill. And it almost stopped the country. This week, they just did it. This cashless society is closer than any of us think, and if you think somebody is not going to -- they're going to let a crisis go to waste, you're mistaken.

A Cashless Society Enslaves You to the System

Glenn Beck is an alarmist. It’s how he gets paid.

Hahah I never even watch the bastard any more but he did have his good points, and he is far from beingn an alarmist reality is reality. Taking CASh is for conntrol,

Control the money control the population,,,,,,,,,,

Look what happens when the Gov. shuts down ppl on food stamps don't get their stamps, nor money ......
Look what happens to fathers who don't pay child support the banks freeze their bank accounts !

So tell me again how great a cashless society will be when the Gov can easily shut it off just because.

CIBC Proved Again the Danger of Cashless Society - The Organic Prepper

Digital systems may be “convenient”, but they often come with central points of failure. Cash, on the other hand, does not crash. It does not rely on external data centres, and is not subject to remote control or remote monitoring. The cash system allows for an unmonitored “off the grid” space. This is also the reason why financial institutions and financial technology companies want to get rid of it. Cash transactions are outside the net that such institutions cast to harvest fees and data.

A cashless society brings dangers. People without bank accounts will find themselves further marginalised, disenfranchised from the cash infrastructure that previously supported them. There are also poorly understood psychological implications about cash encouraging self-control while paying by card or a mobile phone can encourage spending. And a cashless society has major surveillance implications.

Despite this, we see an alignment between government and financial institutions. The Treasury recently held a public consultation on cash and digital payments in the new economy. It presented itself as attempting to strike a balance, noting that cash was still important. But years of subtle lobbying by the financial industry have clearly paid off. The call for evidence repeatedly notes the negative elements of cash – associating it with crime and tax evasion – but barely mentions the negative implications of digital payments.

The UK government has chosen to champion the digital financial services industry. This is irresponsible and disingenuous. We need to stop accepting stories about the cashless society and hyper-digital banking being “natural progress”. We must recognise every cash machine that is shut down as another step in financial institutions’ campaign to nudge you into their digital enclosures. (source)

It only took one day of the CIBC debacle to remind people of why digital transactions are at the mercy of the computers and those who control them.

The people who are pleading for the “progress” of a cashless society, the ones who can’t wait to get their debit card embedded into their arms as an RFID chip – they aren’t seeing the bigger picture. That’s the picture of them, losing everything they have at the whim of a bank, a prosecutor, or a computer error. It’s the picture of every single thing you buy and every transaction you make being tracked, filed away, and one day used against you.

It’s all about control. It’s always about control.

And without cash, you just handed all of your control to someone else.

Dude, your acting like a hysterical woman. I never said a cashless society would be good, I said it will never happen, just like the paperless office. Sure, there are a few offices that don’t use paper, but the huge majority do. And cash will always have a use in this country. Calm down.

How dumb do you have to be when one can't realize how easy those cards can be shut down FOR ANY REASON they see fit.

How dumb do you have to be to NOT realize even today if you fail to pay something your bank account, credit cards etc are frozen.
If you are to fkn stupid to realize how they WILL CONTROL THE VERY FORCE YOU NEED TO SURVIVE.. good luck being their victim off your own pathetic stupidity.

IF I CONTROL YOUR LOG ON ACCES TO THIS WEB SITE AND I DECIDED YOU CAN'T GET ONN HERE BAM YOU ARE NOT LOGGING ON............. it's that simple.

You don't get money, you don't get to use your card you can't buy food, pay rent, pay bills, ......you can do NOOOOOOOOTHING what part of the GOV controlling your funds do you not get.

A cashless society brings dangers. People without bank accounts will find themselves further marginalised, disenfranchised from the cash infrastructure that previously supported them. There are also poorly understood psychological implications about cash encouraging self-control while paying by card or a mobile phone can encourage spending. And a cashless society has major surveillance implications.

Despite this, we see an alignment between government and financial institutions. The Treasury recently held a public consultation on cash and digital payments in the new economy. It presented itself as attempting to strike a balance, noting that cash was still important. But years of subtle lobbying by the financial industry have clearly paid off. The call for evidencerepeatedly notes the negative elements of cash – associating it with crime and tax evasion – but barely mentions the negative implications of digital payments.

The cashless society is a con – and big finance is behind it | Brett Scott

GLENN: Nobody is paying attention to what's happening in India. I mean, gold prices in India shot through the roof because they didn't go cashless. They just took everything over a 50-dollar bill. And it almost stopped the country. This week, they just did it. This cashless society is closer than any of us think, and if you think somebody is not going to -- they're going to let a crisis go to waste, you're mistaken.

Hahah I never even watch the bastard any more but he did have his good points, and he is far from beingn an alarmist reality is reality. Taking CASh is for conntrol,

Look what happens when the Gov. shuts down ppl on food stamps don't get their stamps, nor money ......
Look what happens to fathers who don't pay child support the banks freeze their bank accounts !

So tell me again how great a cashless society will be when the Gov can easily shut it off just because.

Digital systems may be “convenient”, but they often come with central points of failure. Cash, on the other hand, does not crash. It does not rely on external data centres, and is not subject to remote control or remote monitoring. The cash system allows for an unmonitored “off the grid” space. This is also the reason why financial institutions and financial technology companies want to get rid of it. Cash transactions are outside the net that such institutions cast to harvest fees and data.

Despite this, we see an alignment between government and financial institutions. The Treasury recently held a public consultation on cash and digital payments in the new economy. It presented itself as attempting to strike a balance, noting that cash was still important. But years of subtle lobbying by the financial industry have clearly paid off. The call for evidence repeatedly notes the negative elements of cash – associating it with crime and tax evasion – but barely mentions the negative implications of digital payments.

The UK government has chosen to champion the digital financial services industry. This is irresponsible and disingenuous. We need to stop accepting stories about the cashless society and hyper-digital banking being “natural progress”. We must recognise every cash machine that is shut down as another step in financial institutions’ campaign to nudge you into their digital enclosures. (source)

It only took one day of the CIBC debacle to remind people of why digital transactions are at the mercy of the computers and those who control them.

The people who are pleading for the “progress” of a cashless society, the ones who can’t wait to get their debit card embedded into their arms as an RFID chip – they aren’t seeing the bigger picture. That’s the picture of them, losing everything they have at the whim of a bank, a prosecutor, or a computer error. It’s the picture of every single thing you buy and every transaction you make being tracked, filed away, and one day used against you.

Dude, your acting like a hysterical woman. I never said a cashless society would be good, I said it will never happen, just like the paperless office. Sure, there are a few offices that don’t use paper, but the huge majority do. And cash will always have a use in this country. Calm down.

it's already happening though. They will eeek in right under our noses if we don't pay attention. Like the sheep don't.

Oh yay. Who doesn’t love being “nudged” along the road to Marxism and a cashless utopia? (This is sarcasm. Hold the angry comments and emails.)

Here’s why a cashless society is dangerous.
A cashless society is a danger to freedom. And this is why we should embrace cold hard cash, precious metals, and the barter system.

Most of the folks who will read this article will already be on board with this philosophy, but here is one of the best explanations I’ve read about the dangers. From The UK Guardian…

Australia banned sarcasm which is batshit crazy!

Last edited:

it's already happening though. They will eeek in right under our noses if we don't pay attention. Like the sheep don't.

Ok, maybe there is a slight possibility, but there much more menacing things to be concerned with.

the Cashless society in Bible Prophesy? :eek:

Revelation 13:16-18 New International Version (NIV)
16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

How dumb do you have to be when one can't realize how easy those cards can be shut down FOR ANY REASON they see fit.

How dumb do you have to be to NOT realize even today if you fail to pay something your bank account, credit cards etc are frozen.
If you are to fkn stupid to realize how they WILL CONTROL THE VERY FORCE YOU NEED TO SURVIVE.. good luck being their victim off your own pathetic stupidity.

IF I CONTROL YOUR LOG ON ACCES TO THIS WEB SITE AND I DECIDED YOU CAN'T GET ONN HERE BAM YOU ARE NOT LOGGING ON............. it's that simple.

You don't get money, you don't get to use your card you can't buy food, pay rent, pay bills, ......you can do NOOOOOOOOTHING what part of the GOV controlling your funds do you not get.

Despite this, we see an alignment between government and financial institutions. The Treasury recently held a public consultation on cash and digital payments in the new economy. It presented itself as attempting to strike a balance, noting that cash was still important. But years of subtle lobbying by the financial industry have clearly paid off. The call for evidencerepeatedly notes the negative elements of cash – associating it with crime and tax evasion – but barely mentions the negative implications of digital payments.

The cashless society is a con – and big finance is behind it | Brett Scott

No, they can't. They can only shut down your card in the event of fraud or you using it illegally. Then it's just the card you lost, not the money in the account. I have a debit and credit card. The only time either was shut down was the numbers got hacked. They called me, we verified that it was fraud, they shut my card down and overnighted me a replacement. It was in my mailbox 16 hours later.

Um....it's not a PRIVILEGE I have to use my bank. It's FDIC insured. My bank doesn't control my online access, the federal government does. The gov't insures your account against loss whether or not you use a card. If you use a bank at all, it's FDIC insured. A debit card changes nothing.

To compare a website that I have no right to be on to a bank that I have money in is pretty stupid. No, they can't "shut down my card". I have a legal right to access and use my own money in my bank. I have no legal right to be on this or any other website.

Last edited:
Not many know that every time you use a freaking slave card......

The card ISSUER/OWNER gets paid huge bucks for that card. Every-time it's used you make those bastard banks all that much richer it's called a FEE.

YOU GET POOR THEY GET RICH
THEY FORCE YOU TO USE IT ( WITH THAT FEE)......

EVEN FOOD STAMP CARD HOLDERS ARE CHARGED A FEE FOR THEIR F.S. CARD yeah how many have that logic picked up yet.

Apparently you've never heard of cashback credit cards.

I use Ally bank and an ally cashback card. I get 1.5% cash back on every purchase, AND an additional 10% when I redeem my money back into my Ally account. With this free money I've already bought a tablet, a laptop computer and some car parts. All free money.

So no, you don't get poorer. You get a 1.5% discount on everything you buy because you get the money back. If you pay cash, you don't.

There is no such thing as free money. If you don't pay the balance back at the end of the cycle, you pay interest which is greater than 1.65% (your stated rate of return).

So don't buy anything you can't afford. I never said credit cards were free money, I said the CASH BACK I get is free money. I've been using a CC since my 18th birthday and not ONCE not paid my balance in full at the end of the month. My credit scores are 814 right now at 2 of the agencies.

30vi1q9.png

Using cash doesn't build credit which makes it almost impossible to buy a house or a car.
If you cannot pay cash for a car, you do not need it.

I only use cash but i do have credit cards for car rental , motels , amazon type buying of goods . I will not like cashless . I laugh at the lefty 20 year olds as they have a lotta years to put up with BS like cashless and other changes in the USA .

Many stores such as Walmart & Home Depot have checkout lanes that don't take cash. Amazon & Ebay don't take strait cash. You have to pre-deposit cash into a deposit / debit account before purchasing or receiving goods.

Last edited:
It's become so much easier to carry a card and use that instead of money . That's where they got us all. LOL

It's become so much easier to carry a card and use that instead of money . That's where they got us all. LOL
No it's not the ease of the plastic cards that impose steep fees to force prompt statement payments.

Banks have not been paying interest to savers, because they use the earnings to pay credit card customers 2% to 5% on their cashless credit card purchases. They are penalizing savers & rewarding cashless consumers to not want currency so all transactions can be recorded, taxed, monitored, controlled or banned.

They have transformed US from a nation of savers into a nation of debtors who use plastic for 80% of transactions. They are working hard to stop the 20% remaining.

Forum List

Back