NOV 2007 + 1.7%
OCT 2007 + 0.2%
SEP 2007 + 0.3%
AUG 2007 – 0.4%
JUL 2007 + 0.7%
JUN 2007 – 0.2%
MAY 2007 + 1.6%
APR 2007 + 0.0%

Remember the percentage down does not equal the percentage up.

If stocks go DOWN fifty percent, they have to go UP 100 percent to reach their former value

We need a strong Federal Stimulus to the Economy like my Water To The West program.

If Obama does not propose it, I will run for President.

We need strong leadership in Washington and we have not been getting it.

RETAIL SALES ex Auto

Since August of 2008 we have seen sales fall 14.6%. We have seen sales rise 7.8%. so sales are still down over ten percent in the past two years. That is not good.

I just added up the numbers in my noggin, so it might be off a tenth of a percent, but the round numbers should be correct. For Retail Sales to be down ten percent over the last two years means that a lot of stores are struggling to get by.

That ten percent for a lot of them is their margin of profit. We could see a lot more retail businesses collapse in the coming months.

Last edited:
We need a strong Federal Stimulus to the Economy like my Water To The West program.

It will never happen. The North Dakota water water project was supposed to take Missouri River water to California. It has not moved a drop. Environmentalist & lawsuit after lawsuit has crippled this project. See: Often delayed ND water project seeks progress

If an area does not have enough water limit the growth.
Pretty simple. Do not move to an area that cannot support the population.

It will never happen. The North Dakota water water project was supposed to take Missouri River water to California. It has not moved a drop. Environmentalist & lawsuit after lawsuit has crippled this project. See: Often delayed ND water project seeks progress

Presidential order can override any of that shit. If only we had a president with balls.

Population is not the issue here. The creation of jobs and production of food and fuel for export is. I have called for this for over thirty years. 70 percent of the land in the west is fallow because of a lack of water for agriculture.

Yet, we let the water we could be using flow into the Gulf of Mexico where it is creating dead zones and killing off all life in the gulf. Cut the Mississippi River flow by one quarter, irrigate the West, eliminate the dead zones in the Gulf that keep on growing every year, and decrease or eliminate our balance of trade deficit, while we decrease the death from starvation in the world.

Neubarth you do have a good ide in that we need to take long term and lasting solutions to our problems. There is no quick fix for our current predicament and if we do not take a longer view we are going down the drain.

Neubarth you do have a good ide in that we need to take long term and lasting solutions to our problems. There is no quick fix for our current predicament and if we do not take a longer view we are going down the drain.

Thank you.

The fact of the matter is that anybody put to work on this project helps the employment picture. So, it is a step Right Now in the right direction. I could easily see a hundred thousand people put to work for three years or more on this project. As we bring more and more Federal Land under cultivation, that brings more and more money into the economy and since we are a service sector economy, that is many times as valuable as it appears to be on the surface.

Thank you.

The fact of the matter is that anybody put to work on this project helps the employment picture. So, it is a step Right Now in the right direction. I could easily see a hundred thousand people put to work for three years or more on this project. As we bring more and more Federal Land under cultivation, that brings more and more money into the economy and since we are a service sector economy, that is many times as valuable as it appears to be on the surface.

As more and more land turned to agriculture we would need more and more migrant workers?
Illegals?

But yes in high level theory I support your irrigation idea.
I am not at all familiar with the details though. I do know that the mississippi does get too low for barge traffic from time to time now though.

It is currently PC to pay people not to work. A large WPA type water project would be a much better use of tax dollars. Even better would be for government to let bids to construction companies on various parts of projects like this & watch the dirt fly. Get'er done & get people back to work,

Just think we could cut food imports & even export more food. Enviro wackos will riot!

Last edited:
RETAIL SALES ex Auto
JUL 2010 + 0.2%
JUN 2010 – 0.1%
MAY 2010 – 1.2%
APR 2010 + 0.6%
MAR 2010 + 1.2%
FEB 2010 + 0.8%
JAN 2010 + 0.5%
DEC 2009 – 0.2%
NOV 2009 + 1.2%
OCT 2009 + 0.0%
SEP 2009 + 0.4%
AUG 2009 + 1.0%
JUL 2009 – 0.5%
JUN 2009 + 0.5%
MAY 2009 + 0.4%
APR 2009 – 0.2%
MAR 2009 – 1.2%
FEB 2009 + 1.0%
JAN 2009 – 1.6%
DEC 2008 – 3.2%
NOV 2008 – 2.5%
OCT 2008 – 2.4%
SEP 2008 – 0.6%
AUG 2008 – 0.9%
JUL 2008 + 0.3%
JUN 2008 + 0.8%
MAY 2008 + 1.2%
APR 2008 + 1.0%
MAR 2008 + 0.4%
FEB 2008 – 0.1%
JAN 2008 + 0.5%
DEC 2007 – 0.3%
NOV 2007 + 1.7%
OCT 2007 + 0.2%
SEP 2007 + 0.3%
AUG 2007 – 0.4%
JUL 2007 + 0.7%
JUN 2007 – 0.2%
MAY 2007 + 1.6%
APR 2007 + 0.0%

Remember the percentage down does not equal the percentage up.

If stocks go DOWN fifty percent, they have to go UP 100 percent to reach their former value

Those stats make me so angry, that I think I'll go stone some sluts! :evil:

While the idea, from an engineering standpoint, is doable, from an Environmental and Political position, it would not and will not ever happen.

Most of the Farm Belt's product goes down the mighty Mississippi by barge to New Orleans for export.

To your original post, Retail Sales, there is a lot of smoke in these numbers that are on the positive side.

There has been massive store closings and consolidations among the Big Box Retailers with the concurrent layoffs and therefore the profit margins on the remaining stores are doing fairly well all things considered.

GDP is expected to be revised downward from 2.4% to <1.2%.

It will get much worse before it gets better, if it gets better at all before the Collapse and the resultant "Balkanization" (Political Reorganization) begins.

Neubarth. How many ag workers would be needed for your irrigated ag fields?
How much would they get paid?
How would be be competitive in the world by paying "living wages" for farm workers?

by living wages I mean enough for at least one person to live reasonably but frugally on.

Population is not the issue here. The creation of jobs and production of food and fuel for export is. I have called for this for over thirty years. 70 percent of the land in the west is fallow because of a lack of water for agriculture.

Yet, we let the water we could be using flow into the Gulf of Mexico where it is creating dead zones and killing off all life in the gulf. Cut the Mississippi River flow by one quarter, irrigate the West, eliminate the dead zones in the Gulf that keep on growing every year, and decrease or eliminate our balance of trade deficit, while we decrease the death from starvation in the world.

The EROEI of Bio-Fuel does not support irrigation if used only for fuel & not food production. The energy needed for irrigation would consume all the beneficial energy yield from Bio-Fuel after subtracting production energy. It is a waste of resources. Even if you used nothing but wind & solar to pump the water you may not recover the energy used to build the wind, solar & irrigation. But on the flip-side liquid Bio-Fuel has an energy density better suited for transportation & storage than wind & solar. Food is still a useful by-product of Bio-Fuel production.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back