Retail Sales are UP one percent. Wow!

Discussion in 'Economy' started by Neubarth, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Neubarth

Neubarth At the Ballpark July 30th

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Forget the recession. Sales going up are the first indication that we are starting to recover. Now, do we need the Stimulus Bill????

2. auditor0007

auditor0007 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,218
    I wouldn't jump the gun on this one. Wait to see what happens to sales over the next three months.

3. wimpy77

wimpy77 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10
    dont get your hope up. next three months? try the next six

4. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,439
    Personally, I'd be looking at at LEAST a year until things start looking better. It takes time to clean up a mess like the one the last admin left behind.

5. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,485
    You said the same shit about car sales, and then the media releases the numbers on them and the big 3 are all 50% loss or more.

Retail sales are not UP. Retail is getting fucked in the ass right now.

Where do you get your info from?? One day you come in talking about depressions, S&P going to 600, shipping is dead. And then another day you come in with made up numbers talking about how great things are looking.

You're a clown.

6. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    Several different indicators, are showing that the economy is going to rebound on its own soon. Home sales were up last month by 6%. Other factors also are looking better.

One thing to keep in mind is major monetary policy actions usually take 7 to 12 months to have an effect. So the effects of the 350 Billion the Fed already spent are just now going to be felt. This is at the core of why this Huge Stimulus will not work. Even if it was a well thought out stimulus. Any positive effect it has will be in 7 to 12 months, when it is likely the economy will already be rebounding. It is possible the strain this bill puts on Credit and cash supplies will actually hurt more than it helps.

It is absolutely for sure that in the long run, this Bill will Hurt more Than it helps, as with interest it will add nearly 1.3 Trillion to our over all debt.

I have to say this to be honest. Obama inherited a very hard situation to get out of. If we did the ration thing, which would be to lower tax burdens, and Gut wasteful spending. We might actually see real progress toward getting out of this Hole.

Instead he has let the Far left Congressional Leadership run the show, and we have ended up with a bloated, wasteful spending package, that have little positive effect on the economy, and even that will be short lived. Which will then add significantly in a negative way to the underlying problem. DEBT!!!

I can not say this enough. I am sure I sound like a broken record.

STOP THE DEFICIT SPENDING NOW.

Stop the Blame game. We all know Bush more than doubled our National Debt. He screwed us hard. However blaming Bush does not get the Dems off the Hook. If What Bush did was so so bad, then what the Dems are doing is doubling down on a bad idea. Borrowing or Printing us further into a hole.

This problem is so important today that I no longer think of myself even as a conservative. I would gladly watch all sorts of Liberal Social Ideas go into place, if only it could be done with out deficit spending.

Really nothing else matters. Not health care, not Global warming, not energy, not anything, if we do not get this spending under control, none of it will matter one bit, because the US government will collapse under the weight of Debt.

Please Liberal, Conservative, Democrat, Republican, or Other. We must all send the same message to DC. Get the Budget Balanced before all else. Stop fiddling while Rome Burns. Actually they are doing far worse than fiddling while it burns. They are in effect running around with torches lighting everything not already burning, on fire.

7. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,111
    people are spending that extra 13 bucks a week even before they get it.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,485
    This is nothing telling. Clothing and tech products are dirt cheap in this deflationary environment, and no doubt play a role in retail sales being "up". Also post-xmas fire sales probably had a lot to do with it as well.

This is not necessarily indicative of the economy turning a corner.

When we see multiple months of this, with the percentage gradually increasing, then we'll talk.

9. Neubarth

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +199
    A clown, huh? And you are a childish troll who should be banned from the board. Witness, I have never said that auto sales would be up. I did post that Morniing star said they would be up from their lows. That was not my opinion but theirs. Damn, your post shows low IQ. You can not differentiate between the person putting the report on the board and the person who wrote it. Most people can differentiate. If you focus, you can try.

Now, I know that you are very ignorant and poorly read as you have consistently shown that to be the case. The United States government puts out reports on the economy all of the time. Usually they are released in the morning between 0800 and 1000 Eastern Time. Go check out your stats there on Retail Sales. I am not responsible for the figures. I just report and offer some limited comment on what they say.

You on the other hand, only Troll on this board. Why do you waste other people's time with such nonsense?

10. Neubarth

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Paulie, again, you do not know what you are talking about. Read, man, READ!

We are not in a deflationary environment. At least not yet. We are still experiencing inflation in this country . Personally, I think clothing and food and tech products are too expensive and I would welcome a few months of deflation.