Retail Pandhandler Parasites

CurveLight

Rookie
Oct 16, 2009
Have you noticed a new trend in the pandhandlers? It used to be predominantly reserved for homeless and/or addicts who, for whatever reasons, decided to ask for money instead of looking for a way to take the traditional route of earning it. The past few years the homeless have lost their monopoly on this tax free source of income. They are now competing with high school kids who are trying to raise money for athletics and other venues of extra curricular activity.

Most of these kids probably range in age from 14 to 17 so I assign only partial blame to them. Who are the fucking idiot adults in their lives teaching them a source of financial solution is to simply beg? Some of these kids actually get visibly upset when people don't hand them free cash.

I'm not an economist, sociologist, or psychologist, but it is hard to miss the connection between this mindset and many problems engulfing the nation. These kids are being taught others shoulder the responsibility for their play time. They are not the original source of responsibility and if the public does not provide the resources they demand then the problem is clearly not with them. After all, they took the time to tape a piece of paper to an empty coffee can so they could solicit free money from people who are in the process of spending their own. How dare anyone walk by and not support them?

The parents, school officials, and retail managers approving this parasitic plague are shameless. Which is probably why we never see them standing at the doors with the kids. More often than not I tell them they need to work for it instead of begging. I've even offered to pay them to mow a lawn or wash a vehicle and they scoffed at the very idea of actually working for the money.

What the fuck is wrong with these middle class neighborhoods teaching their kids to begin life on welfare?

The schools have plenty of money, it's not our fault if they waste it. I vote no on every school bond and tax hike for schools, always have, always will.

I carry a lump of coal with me every time I go to the Supermarket. The kids ask me to "Support" the team, and I say "SURE"! I smile and pull out the lump of coal out and drop it in their hands. They usually just laugh. I stand there with both arms crossed and stare at them until they stop. Then I lay a silent fart and leave.

Forum List

Back