Resurrection

I see what you are saying. However, think of it this way. Have you ever been into outer space to actually see that the earth is round????? Have you ever seen your stomach to know that it is really there????? Ever seen the wind.......not the effects, but the actual wind????? Lots of things we believe because someone told us. Perhaps religion is one of those.

One also might consider the historical evidence of any other well documented event in history. They might not have had video cameras, but everyone renders them as fact. Those were documented by men!!!!! Maybe they were as inaccurate in their recording as the Bible writers were. I guess that conclusion is up to the reader.

Check out 1 Corinthians 15:3-8. You might want to clarify disciples and apostles, and then just the general public.

So you believe the earth is flat and the sun revolves around the earth. Galileo was denounced by the church because of his findings, the church said the sun revolves around the earth and it was a fact the church believed in, Galileo's findings contradicted the bible...

Now provide a passage in the Bible that says the Sun revolves around the Earth. You have made a claim, back it up.

Enjoy!

Galileo vs the Catholic Church, the 350 year old debate continues.

The disagreement between Galileo and the Catholic church began back in the 17th century when Galileo began offering observations that supported Copernicus’s theory that the planet Earth was revolving around the sun rather then the sun revolving around the Earth.

CHRISTIANGAYS.COM: Vatican Admits Galileo Correct

Thirteen years after he appointed it, a commission of historic, scientific and theological inquiry brought the pope a "not guilty" finding for Galileo, who, at age 69 in 1633, was forced by the Roman Inquisition to repent and spent the last eight years of his life under house arrest.

The commission found that Galileo's clerical judges acted in good faith but rejected his theories because they were "incapable of dissociating faith from an age-old cosmology" -- the biblical version of the Earth as the center of the universe.

add- one more for fun-

http://www.ewtn.com/library/homelibr/galileo.txt

No episode in the history of the Catholic Church is so
misunderstood as the condemnation of Galileo. It is, in
Newman's phrase, the one stock argument used to show
that science and Catholic dogma are antagonistic. To
the popular mind, the Galileo affair is prima facie
evidence that the free pursuit of truth became possible
only after science "liberated" itself from the
theological shackles of the Middle Ages. The case makes
for such a neat morality play of enlightened science
versus dogmatic obscuratism that historians are seldom
tempted to correct the anti-Catholic "spin" that is
usually put on it. Even many intelligent Catholics
would prefer that the whole sorry affair be swept under
a rug.

Last edited:
more...

Bible Babble - Many Errors in the Holy Bible

IBSS - The Bible and Science - Getting the Lies Out of Creationism

The sun revolves around the earth. Some Christians still believe sun revolves around the earth because they take the Bible literally. For example, Joshua commanded the sun to stop, not the earth to stop spinning. Walter Lang published the Bible-Science Newsletter in the mid-1960’s with articles from strict Biblical literalists who believed the earth was the center of the universe and the sun revolves around the earth. They quote verses such as Psalm 93:1 which states, "the world also is established, that it cannot be moved" (KJV). Therefore, the earth does not spin around on its axis or orbit the sun, but according to Joshua 10:12 it is the sun that is moving around the earth. See Association for Biblical Astronomy.

And a comical one.

The Earth Is Not Moving

I know there are many different viewpoints on resurrection. I believe that because of the resurrection of Christ, all people will be resurrected with perfect bodies. I believe that those who are good in this life will be resurrected as well as those who are bad and that our souls, which consist of our spirit and our body together, will never again be separated throughout all eternity.

I base these beliefs on scripture, including 1 Corinthians 15:20-23, Job 19:25-26, Luke 24:39, 1 Corinthians 15:41-42 and others.

What do y'all believe?

Yes, I believe that Jesus was resurected.

I know there are many different viewpoints on resurrection. I believe that because of the resurrection of Christ, all people will be resurrected with perfect bodies. I believe that those who are good in this life will be resurrected as well as those who are bad and that our souls, which consist of our spirit and our body together, will never again be separated throughout all eternity.

I base these beliefs on scripture, including 1 Corinthians 15:20-23, Job 19:25-26, Luke 24:39, 1 Corinthians 15:41-42 and others.

What do y'all believe?

Yes, I believe that Jesus was resurected.

So you believe because it was written in a book? That was written hundreds of years after the facts? Geez, you're pretty gullible.

Forum List

Back