Results in - Democrats win seventh straight

Pogo

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2012
Fennario
Final: Democrats 5, Republicans 2

Before the game, Lou Barletta (R-Pa.) was warming up in right field with his fellow GOPers. Normally, he’d be in the Republicans’ pitching rotation, but the lefty was on the DL. Sporting a full Harrisburg Senators uniform he calls the Nationals his NL team.

... Of course, the night was a remarkably Washington event. People held up signs that read “Winner gets Hillary’s personal server,” and many Hill staffers wore apparel supporting their congressperson. Think fraternity and sorority event shirts, but for politicians. There were a surprising amount of arguments with umpires and one play even went to review, sparking quite a few Supreme Court jokes in the crowd.

And even though the president made an appearance, the most fun moment of the evening came courtesy Rep. Linda Sanchez (D-Calif.) the only woman on the field. Wearing a Roman numeral IX (for Title IX) on the back of her Norwalk Eagles jersey, a high school in her district, she came up to pinch hit in the sixth. She was playing in her 12th Congressional Baseball Game, having only missed one year in her tenure because she had a baby, who is now 6 years old, and was sitting in the crowd. --- 53rd annual Congressional Baseball Game
The game is has been played annually for charity, intermittently since 1909 and continuously since 1962 when it was revived.

congress9_rxwnonzf_nzz1jzo3.jpg

Rep. Kevin Brady (R-TX 8)

congress8_iuhxp0x3_te9fq8jx.jpg

Rep. Cedric Richmond (D-LA 2)
(images from here)

Fun fact: Who is the only Congresscritter ever to hit a home run in the Congressional Game?

Ron Paul

I can see Senator's Field from my house. Funny that I'd never heard of them 3 years ago. :lol:

Forum List

Back