Restoring Honor Rally

I've been watching the rallies and all the anti-beck rally people were WAY off base with their assumptions.

Its not even politicial. It actually is about some principles and celebrating those such as Faith, Honor, and Charity.

Some of you truly are just lost individuals who have nothing but hate and are so blinded by that hate that you can't see something when its right in front of you. All you see is "Evil Beck" and make yourselves out to be very petty individuals for attacking him when he is actually sending out a good message at this particular rally.

I pray that you can all get over your hate and celebrate the principles of equality, faith in each other and something greater than ourselves, hope that we can all come together across political lines in the name of charity, and love for our fellow citizens that this rally has been honoring for the last 45 min that i've watched it on facebook.

I saw someone repped this post and I re-read it. Wow its kind of a smackdown eh :lol:

It is safe to report it was at least 30 times bigger than Sharpton's rally. With 4% of Beck's gathering being black, it would mean more black folk showed up to Beck's rally. Where are the liberal reports of riots at Beck's?

The rally-goers were specifically told to leave their anger at home.

Has this turned into a "size" argument instead of a "how it was used" argument? :lol:

Good question. In this case, size really doesn't matter. :eusa_angel:

My only objection is that we're all supposed to believe Glenn Beck has suddenly become the great Uniter. :doubt:

Well if thats the case he left me behind as I am not a big religion or Jesus type of guy.

I do know there is a power greater than humankind which I call God and other forces such as Karma that are real, I have faith in many things, but I hate religion and thats where Beck always loses me.

I know this thread is old but since I haven't been here for a bit I want to tell you my experience at the 8/28 rally.

We got to the metro station (last stop furthest away from DC, Close to springfield) at 7am. The line was approximately 2 NYC blocks long, there were two lines this long. It was painstaking wait. Everyone was very nice and orderly. We didn't get on the METRO until 10:25. We got off at the Arlington Cemetery exit and walked across the bridge. It was about a quarter mile or less. Once we got there, Sarah Palin was just finishing her speech. Mind you when we got on the metro the line we were in was 3 football fields long if not LONGER. It was incredible. As we were walking across the bridge I heard this man give his kids a quick history lesson and why it is important to be here. He said it is first and foremost about God and Country. This was a Black Man by the way.

The crowd was so dense we knew there was no way we could get close so we said lets walk down to the monument this way we can at least breath. I kid you not the density of the crowd was so much that you smelt and felt the sweat coming off the back of ones neck in front of you. It took us 45 minutes just to walk to the monument to get past the crowd. It was baby steps walking.

This density was from the edge of the reflecting pool and way past the tree line. We actually on the way back and to go far to the left just to avoid the crowd. We couldn't hear anything, we couldn't see anything, but we saw countless of people praying, holding their children and taken it in. After it ended we stayed for a few in order for the metro to ease up. I couldn't believe how many were packed in the area. The only trash I saw was in the garbage can one had some overflow, but I saw a guy come along with a bag and put a new one in. He looked like a normal attendee like us. It was very hot, but not as bad as it could have been for that time of year.

All in all it was a great experience, met some people, and spoke to many.

One couple flew in from Oregon the night before, sat in the park all night. They said they wouldn't have missed it for the world. Met another couple with a baby who drove up from Florida. There were countless people like this I spoke to. I kind of felt bad when they asked me where I was from I said Virginia. LOL

The negative press were so wrong, my husband and I tried to guess at the number of people there and we knew well over 500k. I believe when Mr. Beck had his photo taken it was at 10 am (not sure) All those massive of people who were still in line behind us, I don't think ever made it there in time. If you count them all. My gosh, I just don't know but there were so many like this at the metro and not just at the one I was at either.

The metro police I heard say that he has never seen it like this EVER! I saw a lot of people enter Arlington Cemetery to pay their respects. I thought that was cool. I didn't see any anger, I saw a few "Don't tread on me Flags" they were way stage left. No signs at all.

Anyway, to the nay sayers you were not there. I was, and I'm telling you MASSIVE amounts of people who paid their own way to be there.

Has this turned into a "size" argument instead of a "how it was used" argument? :lol:

Good question. In this case, size really doesn't matter. :eusa_angel:

My only objection is that we're all supposed to believe Glenn Beck has suddenly become the great Uniter. :doubt:

Well if thats the case he left me behind as I am not a big religion or Jesus type of guy.

I do know there is a power greater than humankind which I call God and other forces such as Karma that are real, I have faith in many things, but I hate religion and thats where Beck always loses me.
Beck has never pushed one Religion! He says to believe and pray to whomever your God is.

Forum List

Back