Restoring Honor Rally

I asked three times in a thread last week and never got a response......what honor is Glenn restoring?

Good question, I'm at a loss what honor we lost: after the treatment of the natives, slavery, robber barons, bank failures, corporate corruption, illegal invasion of a sovereign nation, stock and housing bubbles, increased poverty, lynchings, discrimination, separate but..., no safety net, lousy and too expensive healthcare, crumbling infrastructure, excessive war machinery, overpaid executives, outsourcing, lousy intelligence, prohibition, McCarthyism, witch hunts, underpaid and underfunded education, excessive deficits as the wealthy get tax relief, talking heads that spin and do nothing positive for America? Good question.

"When Ali, then Cassius Clay, Jr., won the light heavy weight championship in the Olympic games in Rome in 1960, he called himself the prettiest, the fastest, the greatest. Then, as if to undermine Ali’s self-concept and obviously strike a blow for Communism, a Soviet journalist questioned Ali about racial segregation in America. His response was, "Tell your readers we’ve got qualified people working on that, and I’m not worried about the outcome. To me, the U.S.A. is still the best country in the world including yours. It may be hard to get something to eat sometimes, but anyhow, I ain’t fighting alligators and living in a mud hut."
Robert Lipsyte, Free to be Muhammad Ali, (New York: Harper & Row Publishers, 1977), p. 3.

Yeah, they should all just stay home and remain apathetic.

I see the sarcasm, and understand it, as well..

In a recent speech, Stephen Hayes said

"One final point: For many Tea Partiers, the massive and unconstitutional growth of government is the fundamental issue. But I think there’s something deeper, too. After her husband had won several primaries in a row in the spring of 2008, Michelle Obama proclaimed that for the first time in her life she was proud of her country. It was a stunning statement. It also foreshadowed what was to come: Since Barack Obama took office in January 2009, he has devoted much of his time to criticizing his own country. He apologizes for the policy decisions of his predecessors. He worries aloud that the U.S. has become too powerful. He has explicitly rejected the doctrine of American exceptionalism.

And this is not mere rhetoric. For the first time ever, the U.S. is participating in the Universal Periodic Review—a United Nations initiative in which member countries investigate their own nation’s human rights abuses. The State Department has held ten “listening sessions” around the U.S. during which an alphabet soup of left-wing groups aired their numerous grievances. These complaints are to be included in a report that the U.S. will submit to the United Nations Human Rights Council. It will be evaluated by such paragons of human rights as Burkina Faso, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, China, and Cuba."
https://www.hillsdale.edu/news/imprimis/archive/issue.asp?year=2010&month=07

I see much of this- both sides- reflected in this thread.

Any day of the year they could do this, and they chose this historic day. I can't believe these idiots are going to protest, or whatever their gonna do, on the anniversary of the "I have a dream" speech.. And worse yet, Sarah Palin -who most recently came out in support of Dr. Laura Ingram who recently showed blatant racism in carelessly throwing around the "n-word".- is one of the main speakers.

Any day of the year they could do this, and they chose this historic day. I can't believe these idiots are going to protest, or whatever their gonna do, on the anniversary of the "I have a dream" speech.. And worse yet, Sarah Palin -who most recently came out in support of Dr. Laura Ingram who recently showed blatant racism in carelessly throwing around the "n-word".- is one of the main speakers.
I read that Sarah Palin was going to start yelling out the word "******" and while it is bouncing around the Lincoln Memorial she's gonna cheer "you betcha!"

It was the only weekend available. Besides what's more appropriate than restoring honor on that day?

What kind of honor that we lost can be restored with a political rally? I would assume honor could be regained through honorable actions, but since America's a big country full of people, that isn't bound to happen at all on the whole.

Is anyone planning to go to the Restoring Honor Rally Glenn is holding in DC next week?

Still haven't made up my mind. I'd like to but money's tight.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3yn3SelVCs]YouTube - Glenn Beck "Get Off My Phone" Radio Freak Out (TWILIGHT VAMPIRE METAL REMIX)[/ame]

ed....dammit...well if the link had worked it would have been everything you need to know about this "circus clown".....

By the way, will Beck lie about the attnedance THIS time as well? Will he use old footage of another rally? lolololol

Ol beck....a dry drunk mormon who said he is a circus clown....and he is having a rally and morons are going to go there. lololololol

Funny stuff. The teabaggers are idiots.

Funny how the usual suspects have NOTHING good to say about Americans wanting to restore some integrity back in their lives.

I wish I could be there, unfortunately I cant take off of work. Otherwise I'd be on a bus going to DC.

Funny how the usual suspects have NOTHING good to say about Americans wanting to restore some integrity back in their lives.

I wish I could be there, unfortunately I cant take off of work. Otherwise I'd be on a bus going to DC.

Tell us how we've lost it in the first place. Some of us disagree that our integrity as America is gone.

But then again, I guess it is once again fashionable to say that we have faults as a nation.....before, that did not seem to be acceptable.

i can't speak for anyone else, but i don't see this as having anything to do with 'restoring honor'.

in fact, some of us think that would have been more appropriate during the last administration.

Last edited:
It's all about credibility. Beck has none, except for the couple of million who listen to him, to which I say:

1) Out of 300 million people, having less than 1 percent listen to you doesn't give you credibility, which is reinforced
2) when you look at the type of fanboys and girls he attracts...

By the way, will Beck lie about the attnedance THIS time as well? Will he use old footage of another rally? lolololol

Ol beck....a dry drunk mormon who said he is a circus clown....and he is having a rally and morons are going to go there. lololololol

Funny stuff. The teabaggers are idiots.

Beck is a Moremoan?

Forum List

Back