'Restless' Obama and family head to Camp David

It took Barack Obama two years to get to the White House, but barely more than two weeks for wanderlust to set in.

Family weekend trips...date nights...weekend Valetines day trips.

When is Obama going to get to work instead of messing around on the tax payers dime?

Next week, Air Force 1 will be rolling out of the hangar to take him on four trips.

On Monday and Tuesday, he plans day trips to Elkhart, Ind., and Fort Myers, Fla., to pitch his economic recovery plan.

On Thursday, he returns to Springfield, Ill., where he served as a state legislator, to mark Abraham Lincoln's 200th birthday.

Then late next Friday, he plans to fly to Chicago, his hometown, to spend the weekend and go out Saturday night with wife, Michelle, for a Valentine's Day dinner date.

Looks like to me he'll be working throughout the week.

Furthermore Shadow, where are all your posts about the two men who took the most vacation time EVER for a President?

Reagan and the new record holder by FAR: Dubya?

Oh wait, that's right. You're a partisan wingnut; you wouldn't want to tell the truth about your idols. I'm also pretty sure they took those vacations on the taxpayers dime.

it seems obama is feeling the heat of his meteoric rise catch up to him

The love fest is over and now that he has people actively opposing him rather than chanting his name, he seems a little put out.

• Banned
Didn't The Obama's just get back from Hawaii not too long ago? This dufus is such a light weight,two weeks and he is "restless". Just wait until he really gets challenged. He is going to need rehab...not vacation time.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

Bush spent more time on vaction than any other president you asswinks.

• Banned
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!

Bush spent more time on vaction than any other president you asswinks.

Mr "Wanderlust" is going to out do Bush regarding vacations time...you just watch and see there asswink...

And we will all watch you twits on the left contort yourselves into pretzels making excuses for the empty suit that is Oblah blah..

It's gonna be fun.

It took Barack Obama two years to get to the White House, but barely more than two weeks for wanderlust to set in.

When is Obama going to get to work instead of messing around on the tax payers dime?

This is only slightly disingenuous, lol. Bush took a great deal of vacation time, but he also worked most of that time. Just because any President is away from the White House, it doesn't mean they are not working.

There is no reason any president should not get a day off every now and then.

This is only slightly disingenuous, lol. Bush took a great deal of vacation time, but he also worked most of that time. Just because any President is away from the White House, it doesn't mean they are not working.

There is no reason any president should not get a day off every now and then.

I don't think there's ever a 'vacation' from being president. Anymore than if one is a 'good parent' there is actually a break from it, for at least 18 years. Thanks to technology, wherever they go, the White House goes-whether on 'vacation' or to a conference or to a 'surprise visit' to the troops. They are in constant communication.

They made him work for TWO WEEKS??!

Slave drivers.
He's finding out, in his own words that "every decision is a hard decision" and that it's an unrelenting job. I don't think most of us would mind him taking off to go places like Camp David which is still a regular work place. Definitely not someplace like Hawaii, or even Chicago. We wouldn't want him to become too distracted. He needs to take some time to learn the job, which is one of management, making hard decisions, and forcing even allies to his will. He seemed stressed and a little testy, really in less than a week.

The kind of decisions he had to make while campaigning didn't prepare him for this. When we feel we're on uncertain ground we retreat to what feels “safe” to us, so I'd expect him to "campaign" instead of "manage". The Presidency is the biggest management job there is. He’s headed off to Indiana and Florida to campaign for his stimulus bill. That’s fine, and he should, but he may run into more stress doing that.

I listened to his speech to the Democrats in their "Retreat", and it took me several minutes to unclench my jaw, it seemed so unnecessary and partisan. Still it probably wasn't his fault...what else could he have said since he was expected to show up. That retreat should've been put off until after the Senate bill and even until after the conference committees has met on it.

Forum List

Back