Restaurant rights Now!

Access to fine dining is as much a right as health care, it is your responsibility to provide me and my extended family, undocumented aliens to fine dining at Burns tavern on the green and Ruth Chris.

I want Ruth Chris and Lowry's! Dammit. I've been deprived since throwing off my high earning husband!

that's interesting. So you consider it intrusive if it comes from the federal government, but acceptable from the state government? Does that apply to health care as well? If a state were to enact this health plan at the state level, would that be acceptable to you?

that would depend on the state constitution, but it would not be as objectionable as federalized health care, each state could do its own thing its own way or not at all.
One major problem is the fed lording over state forcing its will on states.

I disagree with you for several reasons, but it's an interesting way of looking at it.

Personally, I think there's more Constitutional justification for public health care than there is for public parks or public schools. And I think there's more Constitutional justification for public parks than there is for public schools.

I understand peoples desire to do things with other people money, I want to do things with your money.That doesn't make me right.

Tax money collected by the government is not your money. That's the main problem with your thinking; you think something is yours that isn't. You have chosen to live in this country and reap the benefits of living in this country; with those benefits comes the responsibility of contributing to the functioning of that country. That means paying taxes. Taxes are not your money.

The government then has a responsibility to the people. The debate is whether or not the government is performing its responsibilities adequately, where those responsibilities lie, and how much it should be reasonably collecting in taxes in order to perform its functions. But none of that nullifies the fact that governments have the right to collect taxes in exchange for administrating a country.

Forum List

Back